+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxi for Harris......

Taxi for Harris......

Dalman said Harris had to have us top 6 in January, which he won’t as the new year comes in (granted he never said start, middle or end of January).

I hope the club are decisive and make a quick decision, as surely they can see Harris is not good enough to take us to the next level.

This is our third defeat in four games, and the football is poor. I can’t see any evolving of our style. It’s mainly long balls, and hoping to pinch a goal from a throw in or a set piece.

Look at our record against the divisions top 5.

Played 5, Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 4.

He has arguably one of the best players in the division in Wilson, who looks anonymous in this side. He can’t bring the best out of him.

Swansea have a far poorer side than us on paper, but look at what Cooper’s achieving there with good coaching, and next to no transfer budget.

I’d be happy with Bilic, Pearson, Hughes or Pearson.

But please, not a budget appointment like Flynn from Newport.

This squad needs someone who can hit the ground running, and command the respect of the changing room.

Also, whilst many want to see young players come through from the academy, Mark Harris is nowhere near good enough for this level.

He’s not talented enough to be a 10, he’s not clinical enough to be a striker, and he’s not a winger. So what is he? To me, he’s just a limited player who runs around a lot. Pretty similar to Gavin Whyte.

As a positive, I thought Josh Murphy showed flashes of what he can offer, when he came on.

One excellent break up the middle as he went by players, and a great cross he put in from out wide. If a manager can put an arm around him and rebuild his confidence, he’d be like a new signing who can be a game changer at this level.

Re: Taxi for Harris......

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Dalman said Harris had to have us top 6 in January, which he won’t as the new year comes in (granted he never said start, middle or end of January).

I hope the club are decisive and make a quick decision, as surely they can see Harris is not good enough to take us to the next level.

This is our third defeat in four games, and the football is poor. I can’t see any evolving of our style. It’s mainly long balls, and hoping to pinch a goal from a throw in or a set piece.

Look at our record against the divisions top 5.

Played 5, Won 0, Drawn 1, Lost 4.

He has arguably one of the best players in the division in Wilson, who looks anonymous in this side. He can’t bring the best out of him.

Swansea have a far poorer side than us on paper, but look at what Cooper’s achieving there with good coaching, and next to no transfer budget.

I’d be happy with Bilic, Pearson, Hughes or Pearson.

But please, not a budget appointment like Flynn from Newport.

This squad needs someone who can hit the ground running, and command the respect of the changing room.

Also, whilst many want to see young players come through from the academy, Mark Harris is nowhere near good enough for this level.

He’s not talented enough to be a 10, he’s not clinical enough to be a striker, and he’s not a winger. So what is he? To me, he’s just a limited player who runs around a lot. Pretty similar to Gavin Whyte.

As a positive, I thought Josh Murphy showed flashes of what he can offer, when he came on.

One excellent break up the middle as he went by players, and a great cross he put in from out wide. If a manager can put an arm around him and rebuild his confidence, he’d be like a new signing who can be a game changer at this level.
    Who is out there that 1. We can afford, 2. Would be better than Harris and 3. The board are even likely to choose.

The squad doesn't need someone who can hit the ground running, it isn't good enough and needs a complete rebuild.

Harris might not be the answer but there's an awful lot worse out there. Nigel Pearson has been dreadful in his last few appointments, Mark Hughes and Bilic won't come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The squad doesn't need someone who can hit the ground running, it isn't good enough and needs a complete rebuild.

Harris might not be the answer but there's an awful lot worse out there. Nigel Pearson has been dreadful in his last few appointments, Mark Hughes and Bilic won't come here.
    That's my worry. A new manager will inherit the same limited players. He may be able to tinker a bit but he isn't going to turn things around without substantial personnel changes and quite frankly there isn't the money or the time for that.

Please bring back Malky Mackay, Mr Tan. He is still only 48 years old; resolve your differences. Or go for Pearson or Bilic as suggested above.

The usual response to a defeat. Nothing to see here.

its clockwork on here

Sack Harris, play him there , get rid of the keeper , we need a new midfield etc

I hope we don't sign anyone , I hope tan says to Harris there is no money and Harris and his squad do their best for ccfc

We won't go down but we might sneak a play off place

That will do for me , we have no devine right to win every game of football we play

Im pretty certain Mark Hughes would. He would jumo at a Championship job.

Cant see anyone wanting him though.

Nigel Pearson did ok at Watford.

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

There should have been a comma after the laugh. Hughes won't want this job and we should stay well clear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Please bring back Malky Mackay, Mr Tan. He is still only 48 years old; resolve your differences. Or go for Pearson or Bilic as suggested above.
    One season wonder he's been shit since Cardiff. And wasn't he guilty of a few racist remarks?

You'll find better managers (more tactically astute managers) in League One than those two. A big name who has dropped to the Championship won't be able to do more than Harris is doing with the squad we have.

Stick with the man in charge and let him rebuild.

Who are we going to get thats going to come here with no money?

Lets not waste this window. Getting players out is just as important as new ones in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    ****ing hell

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    its clockwork on here

Sack Harris, play him there , get rid of the keeper , we need a new midfield etc

I hope we don't sign anyone , I hope tan says to Harris there is no money and Harris and his squad do their best for ccfc

We won't go down but we might sneak a play off place

That will do for me , we have no devine right to win every game of football we play
    You seriously think we might sneak a playoff place? Which one of the top 6 do you think we are better than?

I expected today's defeat, as I did last week. I don't have a problem with accepting we're a mid table side.

Stick with the man in charge and let him rebuild.

Who are we going to get thats going to come here with no money?

Lets not waste this window. Getting players out is just as important as new ones in.
    Indeed

People are completely unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You seriously think we might sneak a playoff place? Which one of the top 6 do you think we are better than?

I expected today's defeat, as I did last week. I don't have a problem with accepting we're a mid table side.
    this side is placed to string a few results together and get in that top six

Like we did last year

If we don't then we don't and we start again

Quite.

Anyone who think that we’ll sneak a top
    6 place clearly hasn’t seen the utterly awful football we are playing nor the likes of Norwich, Swansea, Brentford or Bournemouth.

A laughable and embarrassing statement to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

Anyone who think that we’ll sneak a top
    6 place clearly hasn’t seen the utterly awful football we are playing nor the likes of Norwich, Swansea, Brentford or Bournemouth.

A laughable and embarrassing statement to make.
    Stick a sock in it you miserable old queen

We are mid table , we made the play offs last season and can do it again

Just as a few defeats can rock the boat so a few wins can bounce the team up the table

this side is placed to string a few results together and get in that top six

Like we did last year

If we don't then we don't and we start again
    Mid table and rebuild is fine.

Totally agree with you on this Eric. We are a mid table squad at best. Whether Tan will be happy to carry on like this, or whether he’ll go for another promotion assault, remains to be seen.

Mid table and rebuild is fine.
    You don't get promoted by chopping and changing the manager every season

On here , some want heads to roll every other week

You don't get promoted by chopping and changing the manager every season

On here , some want heads to roll every other week
    That's not what Hilts is saying, or me for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Totally agree with you on this Eric. We are a mid table squad at best. Whether Tan will be happy to carry on like this, or whether he’ll go for another promotion assault, remains to be seen.
    Hes seen enough money wasted I think thats it.

If we are to progress its on the cheap.

That will be the same for most of the league though.

Hes seen enough money wasted I think thats it.

If we are to progress its on the cheap.

That will be the same for most of the league though.
    I think he'll spend the money if it's smart. Look at Moore. If we cut the wage bill, we might be able to do a bit more.