Re: Taxi for Harris......

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    You also can’t polish a turd
    It was very quiet on here from certain individuals when we were winning

Now the knives are back out

Turd or no Turd

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's not what Hilts is saying, or me for that matter.
    so last season when we were floundering around then put a run together to get us into the play offs , what was your analysis ?

And whats different this time ?

We have moore to come back , an average squad with a front man who scores goals always has a chance

Everything to play for , I don't understand what people expect

Quite simply a poor statement by the manager , we were in premier league 2018/19, play offs last season and arguably have strengthened team with Moore and Wilson.
    We have wasted the parachute payments not building the club off and on the field , no identity, no club ethos , should know what coach, manager or player will fit to create a defined playing style that is replicated thru all age groups .

I don’t call relying on set pieces a playing style !!

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Quite simply a poor statement by the manager , we were in premier league 2018/19, play offs last season and arguably have strengthened team with Moore and Wilson.
    We have wasted the parachute payments not building the club off and on the field , no identity, no club ethos , should know what coach, manager or player will fit to create a defined playing style that is replicated thru all age groups .

I don’t call relying on set pieces a playing style !!
    Who wasted the money? Warnock pissed our chances of bouncing back up the wall. Harris has recruited well and we are well short all over the pitch in terms of players

We need to have realistic expectations and in the current financial climate only a fool would do anything rash. It is what it is and disappointing as it is when we lose we're gonna have to take it on the chin for a while. We've had some recent successes and we're operating on a paper thin squad with shortfalls in many areas but these aren't gonna be filled until we can get back to filling the CCS and bringing some £££ into the coffers.

Re: Taxi for Harris.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who wasted the money? Warnock pissed our chances of bouncing back up the wall. Harris has recruited well and we are well short all over the pitch in terms of players
    I said the CLUB has wasted the parachute payments not necessarily Harris !
    But has Recruited well !! Really !! Are you watching the games ?? Against the better teams we look well off the pace , hoping for a breakaway or set pieces , have only 1 right back on the books who is on loan and injured ,no creativity in midfield!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    so last season when we were floundering around then put a run together to get us into the play offs , what was your analysis ?

We have moore to come back , an average squad with a front man who scores goals always has a chance

When we returned from lockdown, we hit the ground running, beat Leeds and Preston comfortably, while others started shabbily. We were difficult to beat, particularly under Harris. We were able to recover situations in games.

This season we've lost 8 already after 21 games. We'd only lost 9 after 37 by the time we went into lockdown. Much of our problem was the high number of draws we'd managed, but most of those draws were games where we were behind.

We beat the two automatically promoted sides. We got draws at home to Fulham and Brentford, who competed in the playoff final. We also beat Forest, Preston and Bristol City, sides above us at the time of lockdown. This season we've been comfortably beaten by 4 of the top 5 and looked off the pace in all of those games.

That's it. I don't think many are expecting anything this season. I'd be very surprised if we finished in the top 6 and feel that overall we haven't performed as well this season as we did last. We've got to find a way of getting results against teams above us to stand any chance at all.

Lee Tomlin is injured.

But has Recruited well !! Really !! Are you watching the games ?? Against the better teams we look well off the pace , hoping for a breakaway or set pieces , have only 1 right back on the books who is on loan and injured ,no creativity in midfield!!
    Against the current top 6 we've scored 4 goals, 2 from set pieces, one decent team goal and a 70 yarder. We have struggled to break down the better sides, though that could just be that the better sides in the division are better than they were last season.

David Wagner?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    David Wagner?
    Definitely.

You don't get promoted by chopping and changing the manager every season

On here , some want heads to roll every other week
    Actually that’s not true, just look at our recent history, we sacked Ole and got into the play offs in Malky’s first season and promoted the next.

We sacked Paul Trollope and Warnock kept us up and then got us promoted the following season

So in recent history sacking the manager got us promoted the season after

Lots of clubs sack the manager and then get promoted, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t but to say sticking with a manager when it’s clearly not working doesn’t always make sense, we were going down under Trollope before Warnock turned it around

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Actually that’s not true, just look at our recent history, we sacked Jones and got into the play offs in Malky’s first season and promoted the next.

We sacked Paul Trollope and Warnock kept us up and then got us promoted the following season

Lots of clubs sack the manager and then get promoted, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t but to say sticking with a manager when it’s clearly not working doesn’t always make sense, we were going down under Trollope before Warnock turned it around
    Corrected for you

Moore, Wilson, Ojo, JOT are all starters for us. Harris has bought well, it's not his fault our budget is stretched and wasted on dross like Vassell, Flint and Whyte.

Mark Hughes and Bowen

David Wagner?
    I would have been very much in the yes camp a season ago. The winless run with Schalke was as bad as I've seen and his expressionless face on the sidelines reminded me a lot of Ole in his pomp here. Schalke are still in a tail spin and if they don't win in the next few are in line to take the all time winless top division record from Tasmania Berlin which takes some doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Corrected for you
    Thanks, that’s what I meant 👍

David Wagner?
    Wagner with Mark Hudson as #2, the podcast convinced me.

Should never have been appointed. I thought slade was cringe worthy with his interviews until Harris came a long reading from a london chavs book on how to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Should never have been appointed. I thought slade was cringe worthy with his interviews until Harris came a long reading from a london chavs book on how to manage.
    “It’s all down to the group, the group looked good in training and we’re working with the group but the group let us down today . We include young players in the group to get experience of the group , some will stay within the group and learn from the group and we will continue to work with the group”

He does like a group 😂

Actually that’s not true, just look at our recent history, we sacked Ole and got into the play offs in Malky’s first season and promoted the next.

So we are mid table with everything to play for this season and you think its clearly not working and you want Harris sacked ?

“It’s all down to the group, the group looked good in training and we’re working with the group but the group let us down today . We include young players in the group to get experience of the group , some will stay within the group and learn from the group and we will continue to work with the group”

He does like a group ��

Manager ‘newspeak’ grates on me, straight from ‘The Modern Managers Manual’.

I have changed my mind re my comments yesterday on a different thread about Harris when mooting that his time is up. Having viewed his post match comments this morning, I think he was absolutely correct in that he was let down by his players 3 times in a 25 minute period in the second half and that he cannot personally prevent needless errors; goalkeeping mistakes, Bacuna getting skinned twice when he should be playing in midfield, etc. Also, he alluded to the fact that none of Moore, Tomlin and Jordi are near to a return to the first team. For yesterday’s loss, I don’t feel Harris can be blamed. Nor is he at fault for City having such a small squad versus many of our rivals. (He should of course have signed right back cover).

Harris was reasonable in his statement that we cannot achieve automatic promotion, but that a play off place still beckons. But if I was a journalist questioning him, I would have asked why he didn’t put Bacuna back in midfield weeks back and tried Benkovic, Nelson or someone else at right back and if necessary, changed his centre half pairing which isn’t perfect. Nobody has the guts to ask Neil this question.

To summarise, we should retain Harris for the rest of the season with the aim of achieving a play off place following a sensible January transfer window to strengthen our side. The club has stated a top six finish is their expectation - we fans have to support Harris, Tan, Dalman, Chu etc in their efforts to accomplish this. Right now today, this is still achievable. We can consider a managerial change (if appropriate) at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    There's a number of City fans who are probably going to say this about the next manager too. Either we get a well known name who cannot do anything extra to help us longer term or we get one with less of a record and these fans question the ambition of the club.