Re: What is your choice of stat?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    a) 3 defeats in 4 games
    b) 5 wins in 8 games
    c) 8 wins in 21 games

All are absolutely accurate.
    performance.

The team I support has just lost so I will get hysterical. I tend to go quiet when they win.

c) 8 wins in 21 games which gives us 12th place.

Mini leagues while disregarding the bad runs and vice versa doesn't tell the true story.

At the moment I am thankful for the 5 wins because without them we would be right in it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    c) 8 wins in 21 games which gives us 12th place.

Mini leagues while disregarding the bad runs and vice versa doesn't tell the true story.

At the moment I am thankful for the 5 wins because without them we would be right in it.
    The league table doesn't lie.

Whatever way we dress it up, in order to get into the play-offs we need to be better than 18 other sides. We don't need to be better than Norwich, Swansea, Bournemouth, Brentford and Watford.

Are we better than the rest? Reading (0 points), Stoke (3 points), Boro (1 point), Wurzels (0 points), Barnsley (3 points), Blackburn (1 point with 10 men), Preston (3 points), Huddersfield (3 points), Luton (3 points), Millwall (1 point), Birmingham (3 points).

Our record against what appears to be our main competition isn't that bad but our record against sides below that is pretty shocking with just two games to play from this latter group.

We're unlikely to get promoted this season. Warnock's dodgy approach to squad building means we're still unlikely to get promoted next season but hey, let's see how things go. I mean, Blackpool got promoted to the premier league through the play-offs one year...

Can make a case for any, playoffs was the target and we seem way of in terms of performances and points.

Not many spent this year, Harris bought but not enough movement. One right back has to go down as one of the strangest decisions of any manager for a long time and it's cost us massively. But hey we spent on a reserve keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    performance.
    8 wins in 21 is the most helpful stat but the team’s performance tells you the team’s underlying trajectory. (e.g. we were absolutely terrible against Stoke and yet came away with an incredibly fortunate win, Vaulks’ goals today masked another abject performance)