+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Poor Man's Burnley

Poor Man's Burnley

We really are. I've heard Blakey recently likening us to Chelsea! What is he talking about? If we resemble any Premier League team it's Burnley. Chris Wood will be down here in a few years fronting a team managed by Tony Pulis.

Re: Poor Man's Burnley

I would be well happy to be a Burnley or a Bournemouth for a few seasons

The jacks spent 6 or maybe even 7 seasons in the top flight

2 or 3 seasons would be a start

Watching Burnley at the moment, they’re losing but I can’t see any other resemblance to us bar that.

442. Physical, direct, finely tuned percentage football honed over 7 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Watching Burnley at the moment, they’re losing but I can’t see any other resemblance to us bar that.
    Yes, despite them losing they look so much better than the team we played last in the Prem. And a million times ahead of us now, so much quicker, so much more movement than us.
    Also, I dont think man for man they are much better than us. Shows would a good coach can do, given time.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    We really are. I've heard Blakey recently likening us to Chelsea! What is he talking about? If we resemble any Premier League team it's Burnley. Chris Wood will be down here in a few years fronting a team managed by Tony Pulis.
    Or Sheff Utd on current form , perhaps Nathan has had too many Xmas Sherries

Out of interest, in what way did Blakey find us comparable to Chelsea? On the King's Road?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Out of interest, in what way did Blakey find us comparable to Chelsea? On the King's Road?
    We play in Blue

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he was referring to the pensioners.

Feel sorry for Dyche. Getting drawn into narratives on style etc. Fact is not many in football could do what he's done year in year out on such a low budget. He's done a brilliant job and is consistently under appreciated or cast aside because no one quite likes Burnley to watch.

Dyche's issue is often his support in media comes from old school types. The more modern tactics types avoid discussing Burnley through a bit of snobbery. Fact is he's completely maximised their strengths and he transitions Championship footballers to PL standard better than most

https://twitter.com/Blades_analytic/...27734223429633
    Something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would be well happy to be a Burnley or a Bournemouth for a few seasons

The jacks spent 6 or maybe even 7 seasons in the top flight

2 or 3 seasons would be a start
    So surely you realise we're unlikely to do so with the current personnel playing the tactics we employ?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Also, I dont think man for man they are much better than us. Shows would a good coach can do, given time.
    Christ there’s some knowledgeable fans on this board, man for man not much better than us? You are in dreamland the players we have are not much better than League 1, apart from the loanees.

During our last fantastic journey in the promised land, I recall going to watch us v Burnley, they were terrible, scored from

a freak break away goal or set peice....we were all over them. How they survive I just don’t know

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So surely you realise we're unlikely to do so with the current personnel playing the tactics we employ?
    Quite.

A quite bizarre statement - lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    During our last fantastic journey in the promised land, I recall going to watch us v Burnley, they were terrible, scored from

a freak break away goal or set peice....we were all over them. How they survive I just don’t know
    They took maximum points from us, and Huddersfield for a start. They also beat Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Christ there’s some knowledgeable fans on this board, man for man not much better than us? You are in dreamland the players we have are not much better than League 1, apart from the loanees.
    True but.....obviously good man management improves players and get a lot more from a team. Warnock and his cast offs (NML, Bamba, Hoillett etc) getting promoted is an example close to our hearts and an extreme version is Clough at Forest obvs.

I suspect that Dyche has been getting his players to over perform.

I have see zero evidence that we are over achieving on the potential of our current players and most are performing way below their potential.