+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gospel Singing On Songs Of Praise

Gospel Singing On Songs Of Praise

Its on in the background

Religion is not my thing but by heck some of these people can belt out a tune

Mica Paris just gave a rousing rendition of oh happy days

Re: Gospel Singing On Songs Of Praise

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its on in the background

‘Happy Days’....you’re thinking of the bloke who walks up and down Queen Street or Richie Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Happy Days’....you’re thinking of the bloke who walks up and down Queen Street or Richie Cunningham
    I wonder if toy Mic Trevor does a version ?

Its on in the background

Lot of great singers came from a gospel background, Sam Cook, Wilson Pickett etc, Otis Redding was certainly influenced by it. I've got Aretha Franklin's Amazing Grace, the complete recordings, stirring stuff. Like you, I find the idea of any god, religion totally absurd, but it's given us some great music.

I wonder if toy Mic Trevor does a version ?
    No, not him, there’s a fella walks up and down there repeating ‘Happy Days’ non stop.

Faith of our Fathers is a great hymn mind.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Lot of great singers came from a gospel background, Sam Cook, Wilson Pickett etc, Otis Redding was certainly influenced by it. I've got Aretha Franklin's Amazing Grace, the complete recordings, stirring stuff. Like you, I find the idea of any god, religion totally absurd, but it's given us some great music.
    Some nice looking women in the congregation too

That type don't like sex unless its to have kids though so that's me stumped

Some nice looking women in the congregation too

That type don't like sex unless its to have kids though so that's me stumped
    Found your level then.
    I was wandering around Lafayette in Louisiana once on a Sunday morning, I passed a church with gospel singing ringing out, I fancied going in for a peek, but had just been pestered by some guy offering me 'drugs, pussy etc', so was keen to get back to where I was staying. Would have loved to have gone in.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Found your level then.
    I was wandering around Lafayette in Louisiana once on a Sunday morning, I passed a church with gospel singing ringing out, I fancied going in for a peek, but had just been pestered by some guy offering me 'drugs, pussy etc', so was keen to get back to where I was staying. Would have loved to have gone in.
    I would have stuck with the guy , sounded like he had some good offers

Dear ***** in charge of religion