+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Officials and VAR Leeds v Burnley

Officials and VAR Leeds v Burnley

What an absolute crock of shite.

Sean Dyche rightly fuming at the two key decisions which saw Leeds get a win from firstly a pelanty which should have been overturned.

Then Burnley get penalised for a foul on the keeper.
    Not only wasn't is a foul, it was the keeper fouling the attacker.
    The referee blew too early for the eventual "goal" to be allowed and to add insult to injury, the decision wasn't overturned which should have seen Burnley get a pelanty.

Huge slice of luck for "big" Leeds and "little" Burnley let down by the officials and technology.

Re: Officials and VAR Leeds v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Sean Dyche rightly fuming at the two key decisions which saw Leeds get a win from firstly a pelanty which should have been overturned.

The referee blew too early for the eventual "goal" to be allowed and to add insult to injury, the decision wasn't overturned which should have seen Burnley get a pelanty.

Huge slice of luck for "big" Leeds and "little" Burnley let down by the officials and technology.
    Mystifying really. VAR has been such a massive success otherwise.

Had Leeds in my last man standing. Ref was superb today.

Leeds one was a pen, Burnley can have little complaint with that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Leeds one was a pen, Burnley can have little complaint with that.
    Open for debate, I personally thought the keeper got the ball, but the point is you can see how the big sides get these original decisions made by the refs who then rely on VAR's call for a clear and obvious mistake.

The Burnley pelanty that wasn't was just plain incompetence on a grand scale.

Pope DID get the ball first. Everyone thought it was no penalty at the time , and it’s been confirmed since. However it was only the referees 4th game in the PL and his inexperience showed. Despite all the fuss, it’s his decision that matters , and the outcome cannot be changed now. Sean Dyche doesn’t seem to complain about any refereeing decision, but the two vital decisions in this game ,left even him, lost for words. Had that been one of the”big boys” playing Leeds, it would have gone in their favour. Of that I have no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Pope DID get the ball first. Everyone thought it was no penalty at the time , and it’s been confirmed since. However it was only the referees 4th game in the PL and his ARROGANCE showed. Despite all the fuss, it’s his decision that matters , and the outcome cannot be changed now. Sean Dyche doesn’t seem to complain about any refereeing decision, but the two vital decisions in this game ,left even him, lost for words. Had that been one of the”big boys” playing Leeds, it would have gone in their favour. Of that I have no doubt.
    Dreadful decision!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Why didn't the foul by the goalkeeper go to VAR? That goal should have stood or at least Burnley should have got a penalty. Absurd.

Harry Kane purposefully backs into players and wins free kicks, the Burnley player makes an honest attempt to win the ball and is penalised

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Why didn't the foul by the goalkeeper go to VAR? That goal should have stood or at least Burnley should have got a penalty. Absurd.
    The "goal" couldn't have stood because the ref had already blown for his incorrect decision to award a foul on the keeper. I don't know what the criteria for using VAR is, or who makes the decision. But seeing as it was a potential (but unlikely to be awarded) penalty, I'm surprised it wasn't reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The "goal" couldn't have stood because the ref had already blown for his incorrect decision to award a foul on the keeper. I don't know what the criteria for using VAR is, or who makes the decision. But seeing as it was a potential (but unlikely to be awarded) penalty, I'm surprised it wasn't reviewed.
    They said at half time they thought he blew too quickly hence not being able to give a goal but he should have been asked to look at the challenge as keeper clearly knees the Burnley player in the back.