+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egg@CCS

Egg@CCS

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19528392

Cardiff Blues back at CCS for a few games in January

Re: Egg@CCS

Heard about this the other week, why our ground? Fans aren’t allowed, so they don’t need accommodating. Why can’t they play at Penarth or Glamorgan Wanderers? Both first class rugby venues not so long ago, they only need a pitch after all.

I'm concerned that this will damage the playing surface and ruin our beautiful passing game

Hopefully they’ll play night before Norwich game, that’ll slow the Canaries passing game down !

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I'm concerned that this will damage the playing surface and ruin our beautiful passing game
    In our case, it might even things up a bit.

I dont want the egg chasers any where near our football stadium. Feckers never wanted football at Arms Park.

Splott park is good enough for them, or even ROATH Rec, or what about St Peters pitch

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Splott park is good enough for them, or even ROATH Rec, or what about St Peters pitch
    Splott Park, thankfully, hasn’t got a rugby pitch but St Peters would be ok, enclosed so the thousands desperate to see their beloved Blues could be prevented entry. Aren’t these clubs all under the Blues umbrella? Even Pontypridd were (or still are) part of the region, what’s up with Sardis Rd? No reason at all for them to play at a 30 odd thousand empty venue when the others have the posts, the pitch markings etc, all a bit daft really.

Maybe the club needs the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If the games are on the box and there’s a fee you’d have thought the rugby community would keep it in house rather than line our pockets. If there is a few bob rental fee involved it makes you think that the City invited them rather than them approaching us.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Splott Park, thankfully, hasn’t got a rugby pitch but St Peters would be ok, enclosed so the thousands desperate to see their beloved Blues could be prevented entry. Aren’t these clubs all under the Blues umbrella? Even Pontypridd were (or still are) part of the region, what’s up with Sardis Rd? No reason at all for them to play at a 30 odd thousand empty venue when the others have the posts, the pitch markings etc, all a bit daft really.

Shows you how long since I’ve been to Splott Park !

Is the steam engine still in the play area ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Out of interest, how much do we earn by hosting the egg?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Out of interest, how much do we earn by hosting the egg?
    Good question, i don't know the answer though.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shows you how long since I’ve been to Splott Park !

Is the steam engine still in the play area ?
    Jessie is long gone but the good news is she’s up and running again, railway enthusiasts rescued her and have got her back on the tracks.

Surely Sardis rd or brewery field should be used for blues matches as part of the region.

Dont know why the play at rodney parade anyway

Heard about this the other week, why our ground? Fans aren’t allowed, so they don’t need accommodating. Why can’t they play at Penarth or Glamorgan Wanderers? Both first class rugby venues not so long ago, they only need a pitch after all.
    i would guess if they are on tv its a better image but i agree with you any where a pitch is suitable

Ive never had a problem with them playing at the CCS, but from a blues point of view it's daft for them not to spread it around the region more.
    if they held a fee games a season in Bridgend and Pontypridd it would be a nice change to the match day experience.

the regional sides in new Zealand spread it around a bit I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ive never had a problem with them playing at the CCS, but from a blues point of view it's daft for them not to spread it around the region more.
    if they held a fee games a season in Bridgend and Pontypridd it would be a nice change to the match day experience.

the regional sides in new Zealand spread it around a bit I'm sure
    Bridgend is in the Ospreys region not the Blues! Can’t see the problem of the club making some money by hosting their local rugby region, we are a business after all and need the money with no crowd income due to corvid!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bridgend is in the Ospreys region not the Blues! Can’t see the problem of the club making some money by hosting their local rugby region, we are a business after all and need the money with no crowd income due to corvid!
    Corvid......... Sounds like an under the shelf tape from the video shop in the 80s

Corvid......... Sounds like an under the shelf tape from the video shop in the 80s
    Yep those were the days. 😛

I enjoyed many an adolescent fumble underneath Jessie!

Nice to see a Cardiff team putting in a decent performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Wasnt Bridgend part of the 5th region that lasted just a year or 2? I think they're playing at CCS as its covid secure, whereas Sardis Road or Virginia Park in Caerphilly aren't.
    We do have those artificial sunlight gantries now, that we didnt have when the Blues played there first time around. I'd imagine the pitch will recover faster than it used to.

It's a toss up as to which game the ball will be most in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wasnt Bridgend part of the 5th region that lasted just a year or 2? I think they're playing at CCS as its covid secure, whereas Sardis Road or Virginia Park in Caerphilly aren't.
    Caerphilly aren't in the Blues’ region I don’t think. Sardis probably the only ground in the region that would be remotely up to snuff but making it COVID compliant may present problems, that’s if Ponty would want them anywhere near it.