+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: FT: WYCOMBE 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: WYCOMBE WANDERERS v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Do you think that a decent coach could improve some of these players or is hope lost for every one of them?
    Excluding the loan players, I think there is almost zero untapped potential in our squad.

Re: FT: WYCOMBE 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Many of our fans have been awful this year, think a lot made up their minds before Harris had managed a game, and have shown they don't really have the patience for a longer term project with bumps in the road. I hate to say it again but we do need more patience to ride out this rough month, and get to a better place when we have key players return.

However, I'm not going to run away from there being criticism to level at Harris. I'm worried he's not standing up to the demands of our hectic schedule and is not protecting players enough - am sure he'll point to how well the replacements have done as sign he can't do any more - and am concerned about our record against the bottom 7 in the league. There are questions he needs to find answers to, but shouldn't have to answer to those who think we can move players around without any drop-off in performance or ask players brought in to play risk-free football to pass the ball around without there being bumps in the road.

Let's not lose our heads though, especially as this season there is always going to be a game a couple of days away until it ends. The sides with the biggest squads are going to have an advantage and the rest of us need not conjure up any further disadvantage by being overly negative or taking the chance to criticise things which started 10 years ago. There will be time to review things at the end of the year with full season of evidence.
    If you or anyone else can tell me what in gods name Harris is attempting to implement then you're a better man than me. It's all straight lines,Midfielders don't make runs,it's appalling,absolutely clueless stuff. This isn't just a case of limited players, Harris has no idea how to get the best out of them.

If you or anyone else can tell me what in gods name Harris is attempting to implement then you're a better man than me. It's all straight lines,Midfielders don't make runs,it's appalling,absolutely clueless stuff. This isn't just a case of limited players, Harris has no idea how to get the best out of them.
    Our issues run a lot deeper than Neil Harris but he's undoubtedly now a major problem.

I'd have given him time because we're going to get Pulis but the players have quit on him time after time. I know his tactics are questionable but the application levels from the players are a joke at times. At least we know why Benkovic wasn't starting, that was the worst performance I've seen from a City centre half in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    On this day two years ago we beat Leicester 1-0 away to go 16th in the Premier League. We've now lost 2-1 at Wycombe to go 15th in the Championship

Shambles.
    From Malky to Harris. Sums it up really our descent from the first promotion to the PL this century.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Excluding the loan players, I think there is almost zero untapped potential in our squad.
    Ojo maxed out the third time he ran the ball straight into touch.

Look at the players we've brought in since Harris came to the club: almost every one of them is younger and better on the ball (or at least come from clubs who seek to play a more risk-positive game of football) than players we signed in the summer after leaving the premier league.

Maybe that's not Harris, not going to pretend he's got everything right by a long stretch, but I think those who have actually read through/listened to his press conferences rather than judged on a headline will recognise he says the right thing. Maybe there is a better manager out there for us but that manager should be continuing the same direction Harris has set out, even though I now have massive doubts about how patient our fans can be for any manager to deliver.

I think he is running out of time but someone might be able to save Ralls. Kieffer Moore was getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our issues run a lot deeper than Neil Harris but he's undoubtedly now a major problem.

I'd have given him time because we're going to get Pulis but the players have quit on him time after time. I know his tactics are questionable but the application levels from the players are a joke at times. At least we know why Benkovic wasn't starting, that was the worst performance I've seen from a City centre half in a long, long time.
    Maybe we have to recognise this point as well.

Why isn't Nelson playing RB? Well here's some evidence for you. Why did we bring in Harry Wilson/Ojo and not rely more on Murphy/Whyte/Hoilett when we could have used funds saved to sort out base of the midfield? Again, here's some more evidence.

I think each of our players are capable of contributing, but we have to accept there is potentially going to be drop-off in terms of performance at least in the initial period when replacements come into the side.

So, Harris is exonerated of any blame, as you don't seem to imply that the performances have anything to do with him. In theory then, i doesn't matter who our manager is, in fact, we probably don't need one by your reckoning as there's nothing anyone can do to improve play or performances
    Let’s be honest we could have Klopp in charge and players of the standard of Liverpool and you’d still find fault.

You just got the hump with the club because you never made it. All bitter and twisted and bent out of shape. Time to let it go fella.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Look at the players we've brought in since Harris came to the club: almost every one of them is younger and better on the ball (or at least come from clubs who seek to play a more risk-positive game of football) than players we signed in the summer after leaving the premier league.

Maybe that's not Harris, not going to pretend he's got everything right by a long stretch, but I think those who have actually read through/listened to his press conferences rather than judged on a headline will recognise he says the right thing. Maybe there is a better manager out there for us but that manager should be continuing the same direction Harris has set out, even though I now have massive doubts about how patient our fans can be for any manager to deliver.
    Delusional

I think he is running out of time but someone might be able to save Ralls. Kieffer Moore was getting better and better.
    Moore is the obvious exception, but not many 28-year-olds have a career trajectory like his.

Murphy could get better, but only because he's been at rock bottom for the best part of 18 months.

Ralls is good at what he already does well, but he's not going to become a ball-playing midfielder at this point.

But all the football managers on here were demanding Nelson be dropped or pushed out to right back to accommodate him.

Not a Harris signing imo

Moore is the obvious exception, but not many 28-year-olds have a career trajectory like his.

Murphy could get better, but only because he's been at rock bottom for the best part of 18 months.

Ralls is good at what he already does well, but he's not going to become a ball-playing midfielder at this point.
    Ralls is shit

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ralls is shit
    Ralls is a solid Championship midfielder.

He's far from shit.

Let’s be honest we could have Klopp in charge and players of the standard of Liverpool and you’d still find fault.

You just got the hump with the club because you never made it. All bitter and twisted and bent out of shape. Time to let it go fella.
    You make me laugh. You always get a bit shitty when i kick your arse into touch. 1st round knockout tonight

You make me laugh. You always get a bit shitty when i kick your arse into touch. 1st round knockout tonight
    Truth hurts eh

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Ralls is a solid Championship midfielder.

He's far from shit.
    He’s shit

Truth hurts eh
    Funny as ****

He’s shit
    Compared to Kante he's not as good.

Compared to you he's Maradona.

Depends on what you expect from a mid table Championship midfielder.

He's punching his weight which is all you can ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I'll summarise this.
    Didn't realise we were playing !
    Been watching the darts
    Came on this site, found out we're 0-2 to a league 1 side
    Harris out
    Back to the darts to watch MvG
    Unbelievable game of darts, MvG escapes Cullen scores record 20 180’s & loses after being 3-1

Anyway, I’ll get of the fence, Harris out.

Compared to Kante he's not as good.

Compared to you he's Maradona.

Depends on what you expect from a mid table Championship midfielder.

He's punching his weight which is all you can ask.
    I could pass the ball better than Ralls. He’s shit. Time to go. Get rid of him.

I agree, he's not going to get any better, Get a few quid while we can.

Maybe you can but I suspect you lack in other areas of your game, which is why you are on your laptop every gameday rather than stepping over the whitewash.

Maybe you can but I suspect you lack in other areas of your game, which is why you are on your laptop every gameday rather than stepping over the whitewash.
    And Joe Ralls doesn't have to do 10 hours overtime a week-in fairness.

On recent form only, all our players are shit. We can't boot out everyone who has underperformed past few games or we'll end up without a starting 11.

Ralls is a good Championship player and is stepping up to be a leader, according to Walesonline. Unlikely that he moves on.