+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pulis Sacked After Ten Matches

Pulis Sacked After Ten Matches

Pulis - Tin tacked

Wednesday sack TP after 45 days surely we won’t see him in another dugout anytime soon.

Re: Pulis - Tin tacked

Perhaps we’ll see him in a dug out closer to home if some people get their way on Harris 😬

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps we’ll see him in a dug out closer to home if some people get their way on Harris ��
    I hope not

Football is stupid

If you want a manager to get you out of a shit pipe you turn to pulis , warnock etc

Its not pretty football but thats not what you are after

Wednesday are a big club with good fans , I thought they had more brains than this

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football is stupid

If you want a manager to get you out of a shit pipe you turn to pulis , warnock etc

Wednesday are a big club with good fans , I thought they had more brains than this
    7 points from 10 games with half of those being defeats isn't a great start to anyone's managerial reign. It makes Monk's 13 points from 11 games look decent. It's obvious that there are big problems at Wednesday. Pulis certainly hasn't had the desired effect so far.

By way of comparison, when Warnock took us over, we'd won 8 points from 11. Warnock won 15 points from his first 10 games.

It's interesting that Wednesday have conceded less goals than us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    7 points from 10 games with half of those being defeats isn't a great start to anyone's managerial reign. It makes Monk's 13 points from 11 games look decent. It's obvious that there are big problems at Wednesday. Pulis certainly hasn't had the desired effect so far.

By way of comparison, when Warnock took us over, we'd won 8 points from 11. Warnock won 15 points from his first 10 games.

It's interesting that Wednesday have conceded less goals than us this season.
    We have scored the small matter of 16 more goals though

Football is stupid

With all respect, you need to move on like football has. Being content with plucky contenders who can scrap away is akin to a backing a boxer who doesn’t lose his punch. The end is nigh but there may be a massive knock out before the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We have scored the small matter of 18 more goals though
    There is that. Just one goal less than the team at the top who have seemingly an embarrassment of riches up top, too.

Scored 3 or more on 4 occasions and won the lot. Only 4 other teams can match that. We've scored 2 on 4 occasions and lost half of them. Open play and defensively we need a lot of work. Thank the lord for set pieces.

Re: Pulis Sacked After Ten Matches

10 games? If he's the wrong guy for the job now he was the wrong guy six weeks ago. That's on the board. I wonder how much money they owe him.

An eventful time in the career of Calum Paterson. He's potentially on 4 managers in 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    10 games? If he's the wrong guy for the job now he was the wrong guy six weeks ago. That's on the board. I wonder how much money they owe him.
    It's clear their board were expecting immediate results. Sacking Monk now seems like a mistake, given that Pulis has been even less successful with the group of players.

Wednesday apparently have bigger problems than an under-performing dinosaur manager. Their squad could be available on free transfers in January due to non- or under-payment of wages.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...-field-3071236

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    With all respect, you need to move on like football has. Being content with plucky contenders who can scrap away is akin to a backing a boxer who doesn’t lose his punch. The end is nigh but there may be a massive knock out before the fall.
    you don't play pretty football when you are in a relegation fight

"There are also other issues which have had a bearing on this decision,” which appears in the club statement could be said to cover a multitude of sins, but the next sentence begins "On the pitch................" which makes it sound like the other matters were perhaps down to Pulis' relationship with the Board - I take it is the same one that sanctioned the spending which got them into their current mess?

you don't play pretty football when you are in a relegation fight
    In fairness you wouldn't have us playing pretty football in a promotion fight.

Monk was sacked with them being two points away from safety, Pulis was sacked with them being three points away from safety.

Monk was sacked after a record of won one, drawn one, lost four from his last six games and Pulis the same. Both had picked up four points from their last two games though.

Pulis played four of the top seven in his ten game run and lost only once. Two of his other games were against sides currently in the top half (tenth and eleventh) added one more draw and one more defeat. He lost three of the four games against sides currently in bottom half though.

Wednesday are in trouble but still within touching distance of safety. Don't think we'll see Pulis at this level again and really is a sad end, if that's what it proves to be, to a fantastic career.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Don't think we'll see Pulis at this level again and really is a sad end, if that's what it proves to be, to a fantastic career.
    You might be right, though if that happened I would be more inclined to think it was because clubs didn't want to revert to Pulisball.

I think Monk is a decent manager at this level, Pulis too. From the outside it looks as if both of them have failed there, but I suspect the failings are at the club itself.

FFS, take it that means his DULCET TONES will be back on Sky

Football management must be one of the best professions to be involved in.
    Decent money and it doesn’t matter if you are successful or a failure. You just move on to the next sucker club.

Football is stupid

I am sure the fans do have more sense.
    This is yet another example of mistakes being made at the top and making the manager the sacrificial lamb.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Football management must be one of the best professions to be involved in.
    Decent money and it doesn’t matter if you are successful or a failure. You just move on to the next sucker club.
    And probably collect he remaining balance on your contract when you go ?

Losing Pack to injury hasn't helped. Yes, he has his haters, and I can see why, but when you're at the bottom of the table, a big strong centre half who scores goals is always useful. Even if he turns like an oil tanker...

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Losing Pack to injury hasn't helped. Yes, he has his haters, and I can see why, but when you're at the bottom of the table, a big strong centre half who scores goals is always useful. Even if he turns like an oil tanker...
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Eh?
    Sorry - meant Flint! They're easily confused....