+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off Out With The Dog...

Off Out With The Dog...

Preferably outside of Cardiff (Where i live) Maybe a burger van with a small canopy to huddle under and have some bants with the workie lads and other punters over a brew and bacon roll. Not Barry though as it looks a bit crowded for my liking, me and the dog don't like queuing for our chips. Any suggestions? I have a full tank of fuel-Thanks..

Re: Off Out With The Dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Preferably outside of Cardiff (Where i live) Maybe a burger van with a small canopy to huddle under and have some bants with the workie lads and other punters over a brew and bacon roll. Not Barry though as it looks a bit crowded for my liking, me and the dog don't like queuing for our chips. Any suggestions? I have a full tank of fuel-Thanks..

Maybe not the Brecon Beacons;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-55470528

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Heath Park it is then

My brother ended up with his daughter in laws dog Christmas Day which was awkward as he was at my mothers house. He took the dog for a walk around 11ish with a box of Staropramen. He came back to my mothers about half 2ish, fairly pissed.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    My brother ended up with his daughter in laws dog Christmas Day which was awkward as he was at my mothers house. He took the dog for a walk around 11ish with a box of Staropramen. He came back to my mothers about half 2ish, fairly pissed.

I cannot see anything wrong with this

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post

I cannot see anything wrong with this
    I couldn’t go as I had the kids. I’ve asked the kids to ask their mother if Santa can bring them a dog for next Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I couldn’t go as I had the kids. I’ve asked the kids to ask their mother if Santa can bring them a dog for next Christmas
    Having a dog is a winner, garaunted at least 90mins out of the house per day. When things start heating up at home, it's dog, van, coffee, a smoke and some nice scenery. The worst part about having a dog is mad women dog owners wanting to talk to you about how old your dog is and does it have any ****ing allergies etc.

A dog is not just for Christmas.
    With a few herbs and apices you can make it last until New Year

Radyr golf course....hardly a soul around, you can walk off towards pentyrch also, even less people.....no burger van though

The worst part about having a dog is mad women dog owners wanting to talk to you about how old your dog is and does it have any ****ing allergies etc.
    Don't have a dog, but the 'mad women dog owners' are the reason I carry a walking stick when out and about. They have no idea about controlling their mutts when in the countryside - and their pets running amok can scare young kids.

I store buzz words for the inevitable confrontations with their prized pedigree pets - mutt and mongrel are good, as are polite recommendations of the benefits of dog training websites

Heath Park it is then
    Probably just walked past you.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Radyr golf course....hardly a soul around, you can walk off towards pentyrch also, even less people.....no burger van though
    Sounds perfect, did Whitchurch and Llanishen golf club during the first lockdown, bliss, must've found over 200 golf balls

You a regular over there? I walk the dog late afternoon. If you see a tall, handsome, dark, athletic specimen of a bloke, it's not me

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Don't have a dog, but the 'mad women dog owners' are the reason I carry a walking stick when out and about. They have no idea about controlling their mutts when in the countryside - and their pets running amok can scare young kids.

I store buzz words for the inevitable confrontations with their prized pedigree pets - mutt and mongrel are good, as are polite recommendations of the benefits of dog training websites
    Just kick the owner, instead of the dog!

Me too haha lap of Roath Park and Heath Park, lovely job

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Me too haha lap of Roath Park and Heath Park, lovely job
    It's a tossup between Llandaff Fields and Bute Park for me today, did Llandaff yesterday so might go to Bute today, it's been days

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's a tossup between Llandaff Fields and Bute Park for me today, did Llandaff yesterday so might go to Bute today, it's been days
    Haha since lockdown Bute Park has been taking a hammering. Walk down passed the Museum, stop off for a coffee from Brodie's (highly recommended) and Bute Park (lap of Pontcanna if feeling adventurous) 🤣

The one positive of this whole situation is rediscovering my love of walking. Tried running again but my legs didn't agree 🤣

Sludge should get a dog

Take it down the pebbles. Not as crowded as Barry Island and it can have a nice run around on the tump. Bracing.

You a regular over there? I walk the dog late afternoon. If you see a tall, handsome, dark, athletic specimen of a bloke, it's not me
    Yeah most days as I live on it.....got to get a dog, the youngest has been going on about one for four years now, we told him if he still keen when he’s 8 he can have one...8 months to go! Wife doesn’t want one though

Yeah most days as I live on it.....got to get a dog, the youngest has been going on about one for four years now, we told him if he still keen when he’s 8 he can have one...8 months to go! Wife doesn’t want one though
    The bungalow?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sludge should get a dog
    Fido-He does what he wants...

International

There's such a van in a lay-bye on the 4042 from Pontypool to Crumlin.
    Should suit your needs, good little awning, and if you are in front of the queue the truck drivers standing around you can keep you dry and quite warm too.

It must be good there are always 6 or 7 people getting served there.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There's such a van in a lay-bye on the 4042 from Pontypool to Crumlin.
    Should suit your needs, good little awning, and if you are in front of the queue the truck drivers standing around you can keep you dry and quite warm too.

It must be good there are always 6 or 7 people getting served there.
    That's what i'm after-bacon, egg, brown sauce and a good bunch of lads for a bit of covid craic.

International

That's what i'm after-bacon, egg, brown sauce and a good bunch of lads for a bit of covid craic.
    Well that's your place. And on the other side of the road are the woods and river for the dog. Perfect.
    Of course the sauce bottles don't get sanitised too often but that's OK. If any of the lorry drivers had the virus they'd be isolating wouldn't they? It's bleedin' obvious!!!!