+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could this team have changed the way Cardiff play and saved Vincent Tan some money?

Could this team have changed the way Cardiff play and saved Vincent Tan some money?

Could City have really managed to sign Andy Robertson?

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Could this team have changed the way Cardiff play and saved Vincent Tan some money?

Sawyers and Watkins I agree with you on Paul. But how Watkins would have done with th rest of our team I don't know. Another player who impressed me was Eze, now with Palace but at QPR last year. Not sure how we could attract these players though? But the two midfielders are just what we needed to pep up a stagnant midfield.

Harris did well to recruit Moore for the price, and also by bringing in Wilson, Ojo, Osei-Tutu (not his fault he is injured), and Benkovic (Not sure why he was brought in?). Short term planning for City , very well thought out in my opinion. If we don't go up (if!!) they all go back to their clubs and we are not left with players on massive wages and long contracts at a time when our parachute payment stop.

The commentator on Quest on Saturday said that Brentford get it right because they use the Moneyball scouting system. But how do clubs like Brentford, QPR, Reading etc (and Swansea) seem to sign all these promising players and sell them on, and we do the opposite. It must be the coaching I think.

Next summer there will be a massive rebuilding job to be done as we lose 4 loan players, Bamba, Cunningham, Day, Bennett and Holiett too. I can't see Tan spending any money at all in January, and who can blame him. Back to the Slade days next year shopping at Lidl instead of Waitrose!

Re: Could this team have changed the way Cardiff play and saved Vincent Tan some money?

Scouting, well paid and quality scouting is the key , invest it that .

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Sawyers and Watkins I agree with you on Paul. But how Watkins would have done with th rest of our team I don't know. Another player who impressed me was Eze, now with Palace but at QPR last year. Not sure how we could attract these players though? But the two midfielders are just what we needed to pep up a stagnant midfield.

Harris did well to recruit Moore for the price, and also by bringing in Wilson, Ojo, Osei-Tutu (not his fault he is injured), and Benkovic (Not sure why he was brought in?). Short term planning for City , very well thought out in my opinion. If we don't go up (if!!) they all go back to their clubs and we are not left with players on massive wages and long contracts at a time when our parachute payment stop.

The commentator on Quest on Saturday said that Brentford get it right because they use the Moneyball scouting system. But how do clubs like Brentford, QPR, Reading etc (and Swansea) seem to sign all these promising players and sell them on, and we do the opposite. It must be the coaching I think.

Next summer there will be a massive rebuilding job to be done as we lose 4 loan players, Bamba, Cunningham, Day, Bennett and Holiett too. I can't see Tan spending any money at all in January, and who can blame him. Back to the Slade days next year shopping at Lidl instead of Waitrose!
    I can see Eze moving to a bigger club than Palace and the only, slight, chance we’d have had of getting him was if we had won the Play Offs, but, if we could have got the timing right, I think there was a realistic chance we could have got at least half of the players in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

Maybe a change of plan as far as Sawyers is concerned is called for

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe a change of plan as far as Sawyers is concerned is called for
    Mmm