+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does Harris have some ongoing bet?

Does Harris have some ongoing bet?

Does he have a bet with a mate about how many times he can say 'the group' in an interview/press conference.

It features in almost every sentence in his last little gem of a post match soundbite.

Worryingly he seems to be pointing the finger at those above. "I've done what has been asked of me (in trimming the squad)". That won't end well when Vinny sees it, for him or 'the group'.

Re: Does Harris have some ongoing bet?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Does he have a bet with a mate about how many times he can say 'the group' in an interview/press conference.

It features in almost every sentence in his last little gem of a post match soundbite.

Worryingly he seems to be pointing the finger at those above. "I've done what has been asked of me (in trimming the squad)". That won't end well when Vinny sees it, for him or 'the group'.
    It's a bit David Brent finding a new Buzz word. In fairness, he seems like a nice honest bloke, he doesn't irritate me like Warnock did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a bit David Brent finding a new Buzz word. In fairness, he seems like a nice honest bloke, he doesn't irritate me like Warnock did.
    No. I get that from him too but then he loses a lot more games than Warnock does so the excuses have to be that more readily available.
    The noises recently do not bode well. Bemoaning performances and then not being able to stop the rot is not great. Subtle digs at there being no money and having to downsize the squad won't sit well with the three at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    No. I get that from him too but then he loses a lot more games than Warnock does so the excuses have to be that more readily available.
    The noises recently do not bode well. Bemoaning performances and then not being able to stop the rot is not great. Subtle digs at there being no money and having to downsize the squad won't sit well with the three at the helm.
    The biggest issue for me; Teams go through stages where they don't perform. Perfectly normal, it happens, no problem with that. Things aren't working out etc. So you reset, and look at the things that you can control, the basics that all footballers should be capable of carrying out. Like concentration, closing down space and opposition players, keeping shape, making sure your next touch is a good touch, the next pass is clean and accurate. That isn't happening at the moment, we're all over the shop for some reason. If you're getting done then do the simple things correctly and build on them, get organised and get a bit of belief and confidence back. That's more worrying than our lack of ability to play, because when the basics go out of the window then teams like Wycombe beat us rather easily.

So what? Brendan Rodgers is the worst for using buzz words like group and journey but he’s the best British manager in the game.

Gerrard does the same so do others.

Hes going to mention money as theres a window and journos are going to ask.

There is no money so he needs to ship players out. Problem is who will want the players we need moved on. And will interested teams give them contracts as good as here.

We could be stuck with some of our lot for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Gerrard does the same so do others.

Hes going to mention money as theres a window and journos are going to ask.

There is no money so he needs to ship players out. Problem is who will want the players we need moved on. And will interested teams give them contracts as good as here.

We could be stuck with some of our lot for a few years.
    People don’t want to hear it but that is the stark reality. We are stuck with most of these until summer 2022.

We’re in the middle of a pandemic, with no money coming in and people think we should bring in a new manager and give him a war chest. It’s not going to happen.

If you're talking about the same subject repeatedly, you're bound to mention the same stock phrases. It used to be 'sick as a parrot', then it was 'early doors', etc etc...

Think most footballers and managers use these basic type of descriptions, there not really media trained .