+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And it's a goodnight from him

And it's a goodnight from him

Dear dear dear

Re: And it's a goodnight from him

Hopefully Tan will show Harris a red card in the morning. What a dreadful display against the bottom club!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Hopefully Tan will show Harris a red card in the morning. What a dreadful display against the bottom club!
    It isn’t just about tonight, although it does sound particularly bad.

He wont be going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He wont be going anywhere.
    I tend to agree but probably for the wrong reasons.
    We are going absolutely nowhere under Harris but my fear would be that the board would once again get it horribly wrong with any replacement.
    Incompetence runs through the club from the very top

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    It isn’t just about tonight, although it does sound particularly bad.
    It was worse than particularly bad! First time Wycombe have won in 12 games. We are totally devoid of ideas and look extremely devoid of any enthusiasm. We are slowly slipping down the table. Hope Morrison isn't out for too long

He got us into the play offs last season

Now we want him sacked ?

Thats not the way I want my football club to operate

He has gone from zero to hero to zero

Its plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Now we want him sacked ?

Its plain stupid
    Clubs have sussed us out Sludgey, and I think without Tomlin we would have only finished about ninth. Tomlin being out injured has been a big blow

I was going to update my previous thread on this, but this covers it.
    It's a terrible pity because he's so NEARLY a good manager and very likeable and committed, but this won't do.

Somehow we've got arguably our best championship team in years but one of the poorest seasons. There's no clear plan , method or consistency. Like the kid in the nursery rhyme , when theyre good they're very very good but when they're bad they're horrid.

This is increasingly like the Ollie management style where everyone just does what they feel lke and that varies from game to game.

Do we end it here and try to salvage something from the season with a new manager, or write this season off and start again next year ?

Hard call .

There’s no point in replacing him, with who? We have no idea which way to take the club, nor does Tan. I don’t know why he doesn’t just sell half the club to one if his even wealthier billionaire mates, split the responsibility, get a chunk of cash and invest it properly. It doesn’t really take too much wisdom to go up in this league, we’ve done it twice already....

I don't see us paying him off at the moment. If we looked like going down it would be fair game but Tan and co are probably happy enough for mid table behind the scenes. Wilson (who really knows how much we are paying) loan aside our business in the window wasn't particularly ambitious and in the current climate I wasn't really expecting it to be.

The players either look like they will run through a brick wall for Harris for a few games or like they just don't care.

I wont blame just him, a lot of the squad just look like they are too comfortable. Sums the club up really, everything just feels a little flat and comfortable.

Lost some long standing players over the summer, perhaps they were bigger players on the pitch/behind the scenes than some gave them credit for.

I can always accept players having limitations, not quite being good enough, but giving 100%. This season, far too often we've seen the side play really poorly for at least the opening 45 minutes. It says something that only 4 other sides have worse first half records than us this season.

Then someone presses a switch and we get going. We have the 3rd best 2nd half record in the Championship. Nathan Blake called it unacceptable earlier on and I wholly agree with him.

It's not that we've got a squad of mainly crap players. It's a side that finished 5th last season that has more fire power than it did before. It's a side that looks like it is going through the motions, with little energy, little drive, until we're behind in games. There has to be a motivation issue, whether from the players or management. Here, the buck has to stop with the manager and his team. Even if it's not about firing the team up, if there are players who are not interested, it's up to him and his team to find out why and sort it out.

If we give every game 100% and we finish mid table, then fine. If we're 15th because players can't be arsed to put in a shift, that's not fine.

I haven't said that Harris should definitely go, but it's getting harder to make a case for him staying. If the best argument for that is that we can't go changing managers all the time, then the argument for keeping him is lost.

Tbh I can't even see what Harris is trying to do with his game plan.
    There's no long term plan there's not even a plan A.
    I don't know what anyone could do if they came in.
    One things for sure whoever it is won't be given a year before the fans want him assassinated.

I was that mad.I left early.Stormed out of the living room into the kitchen and threw my season ticket at the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Tbh I can't even see what Harris is trying to do with his game plan.
    There's no long term plan there's not even a plan A.
    I don't know what anyone could do if they came in.
    One things for sure whoever it is won't be given a year before the fans want him assassinated.
    I agree that there is no obvious tactical plan (other than to win throws and free kicks around the opponent’s box, and corners, which is embarrassing in itself) but I disagree about he patience of fans.

We all felt lifted when Warnock came in (largely as it looked like an end to the insomnia of Slade/Trollope) and I think that everyone bought into what he was trying to do.

I also recall that we were pretty patient with Jones as we played some decent football with pretty limited resources, and had what get like a bit of success, whilst admittedly falling short in the end. How long was he at the club?

So I can’t agree with your last point. If obvious progress is being made and people are being even vaguely entertained then they back the manager.

Our fans will have no patience as they think this squad is good. It isn't. Harris did a really good job last year and I think we should just appreciate how good Lee Tomlin is at football .

Oh no not the Dave Jones limited resources myth again.

Best championship squad for ages.? That line up without Morrison would be in serious trouble.

From our promotion team only Ralls Bennett and Morrison in the side. Bennett now in his 30s. Warnock even signed another left back for millions who is now 30 I believe.

Its not Harris fault the squad is so weak.

That line up on the pitch tonight after Morrison went off is bottom 8 material and its Wilson keeping us from being near the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our fans will have no patience as they think this squad is good. It isn't. Harris did a really good job last year and I think we should just appreciate how good Lee Tomlin is at football .
    Agree and some of the knives out boys slagged him off for giving Tomlin a new deal.

We need him back badly and Moore and Morrison. We also have to get a right back.

Just got back.
    Abysmal

Agree and some of the knives out boys slagged him off for giving Tomlin a new deal.

We need him back badly and Moore and Morrison. We also have to get a right back.
    Who would have thought we needed another right back..... Oh yes everyone except Harris who sighed another CB he doesn't like and a 3rd goalkeeper.

Now we want him sacked ?

Its plain stupid
    That's the nature of the game. The teams work out how we play and adapt. The club must adapt or it would face failure. And if that means sacking Neil Harris, then so be it

I agree that there is no obvious tactical plan (other than to win throws and free kicks around the opponent’s box, and corners, which is embarrassing in itself) but I disagree about he patience of fans.

We all felt lifted when Warnock came in (largely as it looked like an end to the insomnia of Slade/Trollope) and I think that everyone bought into what he was trying to do.

I also recall that we were pretty patient with Jones as we played some decent football with pretty limited resources, and had what get like a bit of success, whilst admittedly falling short in the end. How long was he at the club?

So I can’t agree with your last point. If obvious progress is being made and people are being even vaguely entertained then they back the manager.
    The last point is based on a fan base that since Jones has had Premier league football twice a league cup final and numerous play off pushes.

I find it hard to believe that you are still standing by Harris but I’m even more amazed that you actually think that Tomlin is coming back to make a meaningful contribution!

Now we want him sacked ?

Its plain stupid
    Harris. A hero?

I’ll leave it there......

limited resources with Jones?

He spent huge money on wages , huge