+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And it's a goodnight from him

Re: And it's a goodnight from him

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Harris. A hero?

I’ll leave it there......
    this board and the fan base were kissing his arse when we marched into the play offs

If you can find a post of yours on here from that time is as vitriolic as the stuff you are posting now I will kiss your arse

I will leave it there

Ps ......Jones spent millions on wages , way above our turnover and he and Ridsdale nearly sank the club

Limited resources my arse

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    That's the nature of the game. The teams work out how we play and adapt. The club must adapt or it would face failure. And if that means sacking Neil Harris, then so be it
    Well if sacking a manager who got us into the play offs before the new year when we are mid table is modern football then **** it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    limited resources with Jones?

He spent huge money on wages , huge
    Also sold regularly.

this board and the fan base were kissing his arse when we marched into the play offs

If you can find a post of yours on here from that time is as vitriolic as the stuff you are posting now I will kiss your arse

I will leave it there

Ps ......Jones spent millions on wages , way above our turnover and he and Ridsdale nearly sank the club

Good side, mind. I watched the Leicester play off game recently. That team would absolutely wipe the floor with us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Also sold regularly.
    he had to , his policy of bringing in players on short term contracts or loans on high wages cost us a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Good side, mind. I watched the Leicester play off game recently. That team would absolutely wipe the floor with us.
    Harris grabbed a poisoned chalice

Miserable flecking fans who have a sense of entitlement

Very little money for new players

In his first season he got us in the play offs

Now he's the anti Christ

Naa

Harris grabbed a poisoned chalice

Miserable flecking fans who have a sense of entitlement

Very little money for new players

In his first season he got us in the play offs

Now he's the anti Christ

Naa
    I agree its a very tough job but I'm not sure he's the man to fix it.

I will leave it there

Kissing his arse?! Lololol

Just because you were doesn’t mean that everyone was. You do know that right?

Lots of people have been able to see through the utter garbage that has been served up since he arrived.

The very fact that you think that people were kissing his arse says it all. Truly delusional.

Yeah I watched that game as well Pedro and was really surprised at the football that we played (the game was SO open! Especially considering what was at stake :-0)

I’d forgotten how completely different the style of football was that that team played. It was a real shock, but I suppose, despite being so easy on the eye, it was ultimately unsuccessful, as it never won us promotion despite a few close calls :-( Good memories though)

Yeah I watched that game as well Pedro and was really surprised at the football that we played (the game was SO open! Especially considering what was at stake :-0)

I’d forgotten how completely different the style of football was that that team played. It was a real shock, but I suppose, despite being so easy on the eye, it was ultimately unsuccessful, as it never won us promotion despite a few close calls :-( Good memories though)
    At the beginning of the lockdown in March/April, I compiled a list of my favourite and worst City moments, mainly from 2000 when I first started to come to watch games regularly. I was surprised at how many of Jones games were at the top of both lists.

Man for man, I wouldn't have one player of our current squad in that side. Wilson is a better player than Burke but I'd want Burke's directness. That pretty much sums it up, we're not good enough. Shame Bothroyd's hammy gave way in the POF, could have changed the fortunes of the football club.

I think we should brink back Jones then 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At the beginning of the lockdown in March/April, I compiled a list of my favourite and worst City moments, mainly from 2000 when I first started to come to watch games regularly. I was surprised at how many of Jones games were at the top of both lists.
    Boro 3-0 is right up there for the worst.

I think we should brink back Jones then 🤔
    We could bring in Klopp and Bobby the Jack would still moan

Despite the shit years in the dungeon its suprising how many worse games are at the top.

There was the cup final and the semi though.

Kissing his arse?! Lololol

Just because you were doesn’t mean that everyone was. You do know that right?

Lots of people have been able to see through the utter garbage that has been served up since he arrived.

The very fact that you think that people were kissing his arse says it all. Truly delusional.
    bring back the posts from here as we charged into the play offs

Harris you are doing a great job or Harris you are a useless **** ?

Show me your posts when we were winning

Either you were not posting or you were praising him

What was it ?

If you were having doubts about a manager that was winning us games then bring them up

Let's discuss it

Boro 3-0 is right up there for the worst.
    Without doubt.!

Just behind Blackpool.Also Preston , Sheff Weds Reading Ipswich up there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I am going to bed

I need to hibernate

Now you are making me think!

It was certainly a bit of a roller coaster, but then again, he was at the club for a while so maybe that is to be expected.

I seem to recall (and this might be wrong) that when he arrived I was still quite content to be a Championship side, us having not
    not long arrived from the lower leaves after a
    long absence, so when he got the team playing and challenging it was a real thrill.

But maybe this is all nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Says the apparent ex-pro.

Or is he?

Who knows? He doesn’t seem to.......

What was it ?

If you were having doubts about a manager that was winning us games then bring them up

Let's discuss it
    Off you go then. A nice little job for you.

Get back to me. Lol

Off you go then. A nice little job for you.

Get back to me. Lol
    He’s done you like a kipper BTJ

What was it ?

Let's discuss it
    So how long does Harris ride on the back of the playoffs? A year? Indefinitely? Should fans not ask questions when things aren't going well? Are fans not allowed to change their minds over a period of months if things go backwards?

He got us into the play offs last season

Now we want him sacked ?

Thats not the way I want my football club to operate

He has gone from zero to hero to zero

Its plain stupid
    Did you watch the game today? We were beaten and outplayed by the bottom club in the division. We only began to create chances when we had 5 attacking players on the pitch. Our manager and team were embarrassed. This squad is not good enough to get promoted or even top 6, but the majority of them are above average championship players and we should be better than this. Harris exceeded expectations last season after the break, but some of those teams just weren't prepared (Derby, Preston, Hull) and rolled over. The only thing remotely heroic about last season was the win at Fulham that didn't bear any fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did you watch the game today? We were beaten and outplayed by the bottom club in the division. We only began to create chances when we had 5 attacking players on the pitch. Our manager and team were embarrassed. This squad is not good enough to get promoted or even top 6, but the majority of them are above average championship players and we should be better than this. Harris exceeded expectations last season after the break, but some of those teams just weren't prepared (Derby, Preston, Hull) and rolled over. The only thing remotely heroic about last season was the win at Fulham that didn't bear any fruit.
    I think that's more than a tad harsh. Last season we were flying. We deservedly beat Leeds for a start.