+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And it's a goodnight from him

Re: And it's a goodnight from him

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Did you watch the game today? We were beaten and outplayed by the bottom club in the division. We only began to create chances when we had 5 attacking players on the pitch. Our manager and team were embarrassed. This squad is not good enough to get promoted or even top 6, but the majority of them are above average championship players and we should be better than this. Harris exceeded expectations last season after the break, but some of those teams just weren't prepared (Derby, Preston, Hull) and rolled over. The only thing remotely heroic about last season was the win at Fulham that didn't bear any fruit.
    At the risk of replicating my posts in another thread, we have a couple of players who are above average Championship players (none of them are outfield defenders though, but Osei-Tutu does have potential). Moore and Wilson could play at a higher level, Smithies is above average but after that I think I’d swap anyone else in our squad for a number of other players who plays in the same position for other Championship teams. Our league position is accurate... we’re an average team with an average bunch of players. We’ll get lucky every now and then but we all know we’re not good enough to be in contention.

OK, Norwich and Brentford turn us over is one thing but being out thought and fought by Wycombe........
    Luckily for Harris we arent Watford else he'd be gone already !!

The bottom line is, I'm afraid, that the manager is out of his depth.
    That's the first thing which needs fixing , but whether anyone else can come in at the start of a transfer window and turn it round quickly enough to make much difference this season seems doubtful.

Realistically ,and it's very regrettable , probably a waste of time to spend money now , but better to get a new man in to start the process of consolidation then a full rebuild over time.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There’s no point in replacing him, with who? We have no idea which way to take the club, nor does Tan. I don’t know why he doesn’t just sell half the club to one if his even wealthier billionaire mates, split the responsibility, get a chunk of cash and invest it properly. It doesn’t really take too much wisdom to go up in this league, we’ve done it twice already....
    Who in their right mind is going to buy Cardiff City at present!!

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    At the risk of replicating my posts in another thread, we have a couple of players who are above average Championship players (none of them are outfield defenders though, but Osei-Tutu does have potential). Moore and Wilson could play at a higher level, Smithies is above average but after that I think I’d swap anyone else in our squad for a number of other players who plays in the same position for other Championship teams. Our league position is accurate... we’re an average team with an average bunch of players. We’ll get lucky every now and then but we all know we’re not good enough to be in contention.
    This is what you said in the other thread:

Maybe it’s our respective definitions of Championship defenders... I suppose my perspective is that none of them are anything more than average. I’d suggest that you could probably take a centre half from any team in the Championship and drop them into any of the other 23 teams and they’d probably do just fine.
    Surely you would both swap and not swap any of our players out for any others as, bar a few exceptions, they're all pretty much at the same level?

Our table position is based on i) our starting 11, ii) the players outside the starting 11, iii) the manager and his coaching staff, iv) relative strength/ease of the run of fixtures, v) strength of the league in that given year. You can throw in injuries to key players, hectic schedule, poor squad building from previous manager but they'll also be sub-headings from those first five points.

Our squad is probably better than last year and probably not as deep. We're reaching reliance on youth players much sooner but that's sort of what we wanted also.

After last night's performance i think Harris and the squad should hang their heads in shame.
    And, if Harris had anything about him he'd pack his bags and go.

Saying that, i think Vincent Tann and his board should not rush to replace Harris, but a replacement has to be found there's no question about that in my mind. The whole player recruitment procedure should also be looked at as it doesn't
    seem to be producing the results that were initially hoped for. And finances must be made available to bring in
    new recruits who will play and give their all for the club and fans who deserve so much more than is being served up
    at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Who in their right mind is going to buy Cardiff City at present!!
    Some American company is coming in to buy Burnley. Admittedly they have Premier League status, but I think Cardiff CIty has much more potential.