Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
Did you watch the game today? We were beaten and outplayed by the bottom club in the division. We only began to create chances when we had 5 attacking players on the pitch. Our manager and team were embarrassed. This squad is not good enough to get promoted or even top 6, but the majority of them are above average championship players and we should be better than this. Harris exceeded expectations last season after the break, but some of those teams just weren't prepared (Derby, Preston, Hull) and rolled over. The only thing remotely heroic about last season was the win at Fulham that didn't bear any fruit.
At the risk of replicating my posts in another thread, we have a couple of players who are above average Championship players (none of them are outfield defenders though, but Osei-Tutu does have potential). Moore and Wilson could play at a higher level, Smithies is above average but after that I think I’d swap anyone else in our squad for a number of other players who plays in the same position for other Championship teams. Our league position is accurate... we’re an average team with an average bunch of players. We’ll get lucky every now and then but we all know we’re not good enough to be in contention.