Re: Shouldn’t have sold Paterson

Boring thread..

Cracking finish tbf.

Just goes to show how f****g useless Harris was as a manager,

I knew this thread would get a bump but again a few points to remember:

- Patterson appears to be happier at Wednesday than his sad showing in final months with us and he was always going to be motivated today, but he's recently been dropped from the Scotland squad. Their selectors have seen reason to suggest he's behind Dykes and McBurnie.

- Patterson was always a hard worker who could finish but the concerns were about his ability on the ball and ability to play in the premier league. By the time he left us he looked like he'd be second or third choice in most positions he could play. Bullying Flint, Brown, Nelson, Vaulks and Pack really doesn't prove he's overcome those weaknesses in his game.

- We needed to sell players, Patterson drummed up more interest than most but that interest was, as far as we know, limited to the side most likely to get relegated and a side that were only willing to offer (and we were willing to accept) 500K.

It might go onto be seen as a mistake but a one off performance isn't sufficient evidence of that.

I stick by this thread, not because I like rubbing it in but what we need is players who are willing to stick their necks on the line (like Morrison and Patto) lose too many of them and abject 5-0 capitulations are more likely.