+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shouldn’t have sold Paterson

Re: Shouldn’t have sold Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Patto was great for us but let's be honest, he's shit.
    Talk about contradicting yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Scaring defenders Countless times he'd go down at the slightest of contact, it was embarrassing, no-one was scared of him

Paterson did a good job coming from deep and getting on the end of crosses, but up front he was a pain to watch. 9 goals in 2 years is not the record of a striker I want anywhere near the starting line-up, especially someone as limited as Paterson. He couldn't pass or control a ball and most of his goals up front game from scrappy set pieces, in fact I'd be surprised if he ever had an assist for us in his time here which highlights the issues I had with him.

I remember Bristol away last season where Ward scored in the last minute, Paterson was dragged off after offering nothing all game and the first thing Ward does is make a run between the Bristol defenders, Tomlin slips him in and he scores. Paterson didn't offer that type of movement ever, he's just good at finding himself in the right place when the ball is bouncing around the box after a cross/set piece

But anyway, what does this have to do with my comment? Our fans complain our football is shit and our squad is limited yet mourn for the sale of a limited player who was a main reason for our dire football. Selling Paterson isn't part of our issues, anyone who says that is frankly deluded
    Patterson scored 18 in 95 games. Glatzel 10 in 50.

So on that basis, I guess you don’t consider Glatzel a striker you want anywhere neither the starting line up, either.

By the way, one cost 11 times more than the other, rarely lost a header, and physically put a shift in every minute he was on the picture, regardless of the fact he was playing out of position.

Glatzel, is scared even of the word physical, even though he’s 6’ 3”

As highlighted by the way he was easily knocked over when dribbling towards the Brentford goal on the weekend, and they countered and scored from it.

Yes, Calum was a limited striker, but I was sorry to see a player go who actually looked bothered, and gave everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Patterson scored 18 in 95 games. Glatzel 10 in 50.

So on that basis, I guess you don’t consider Glatzel a striker either.

By the way, one cost 11 times more than the other, rarely lost a header, and physically put a shift in every minute he was on the picture, regardless of the fact he was playing out of position.

Glatzel, is scared even of the word physical, even though he’s 6’ 3”

As highlighted by the way he was easily knocked over when dribbling towards the Brentford goal on the weekend, and they countered and scored from it.

Yes, Calum was a limited striker, but I was sorry to see a player go who actually looked bothered, and gave everything.
    Where did I ever mention Glatzel and why have you brought him up?

Paterson scored 9 goals in 2 years as a striker, the rest of his goals were from midfield when we were promoted. If you watch those goals again they were usually him getting into the box late from crosses, something I very clearly stated in my post if you bothered to read. This is why I didn't like him starting for us, he was never moved back to midfield and would always put in bad performances as a striker due to his limited ability.

You can "by the way" me all you want you condescending arsehole, I didn't bring Glatzel up ever.

Sure Paterson ran about and looked bothered but he wasn't the answer to our problems. Kieffer Moore is already 1 goal off of matching Paterson's 2 year total as a striker, the issues are in midfield and defence and we certainly aren't missing whatever Paterson brought to our team

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Where did I ever mention Glatzel and why have you brought him up?

Paterson scored 9 goals in 2 years as a striker, the rest of his goals were from midfield when we were promoted. If you watch those goals again they were usually him getting into the box late from crosses, something I very clearly stated in my post if you bothered to read. This is why I didn't like him starting for us, he was never moved back to midfield and would always put in bad performances as a striker due to his limited ability.

You can "by the way" me all you want you condescending arsehole, I didn't bring Glatzel up ever.

Sure Paterson ran about and looked bothered but he wasn't the answer to our problems. Kieffer Moore is already 1 goal off of matching Paterson's 2 year total as a striker, the issues are in midfield and defence and we certainly aren't missing whatever Paterson brought to our team

I’m gonna need a BIGGER boat.......🎣

Just scored against Derby !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just scored against Derby !!!!
    Fair play to him, he’s doing his bit for them. I’d imagine they’re glad they brought him in.

Now Wednesday's leading scorer.....

Lest we forget, he scored against Liverpool at Anfield - the first player to do so after about 100 years of 'Pool dominance (tho my memory may be a little off there....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I’m gonna need a BIGGER boat.......🎣
    What a life you live, write a bunch of rubbish on a messageboard and when you can't reply to someone's arguments you say you were trolling, envious of you

Robert Glatzel: 3 goals from 18 appearances
    Callum Paterson: 4 goals from 20 appearances

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Robert Glatzel: 3 goals from 18 appearances
    Callum Paterson: 4 goals from 20 appearances

Hmmmm
    Think I'd still rather Paterson.
    Glazel so rarely contributes to the team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    paterson was a workhorse , got stuck in

Type of player we need at present

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

You forgot we have Murphy.

As far as we can tell, we had just one offer for either of them and that was for just £500k.

The only other option was keeping Patterson and not spending on one of the other players we brought in, but which player would you not have signed in order to keep a player who is 2nd or 3rd best (if we're being positive) in any of the positions he could cover?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    As far as we can tell, we had just one offer for either of them and that was for just £500k.

The only other option was keeping Patterson and not spending on one of the other players we brought in, but which player would you not have signed in order to keep a player who is 2nd or 3rd best (if we're being positive) in any of the positions he could cover?
    I understand the reasoning behind selling Paterson. Still maintain he contributed more to the team that Glazel which is totally unsuited to Cardiff City. I wish he could have been offloaded instead.

I understand the reasoning behind selling Paterson. Still maintain he contributed more to the team that Glazel which is totally unsuited to Cardiff City. I wish he could have been offloaded instead.
    Patto got 5 goals last season. It isn’t and wasn’t the same Paterson as 2017/18. All strikers are unsuited to Cardiff City, that’s how we know Kieffer Moore is a different class.

In every other league league in the world Glatzel > Pato
    In the Championship under hoofball manager Pato > Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

We have plenty of workhorses who are capable of getting stuck in.

Skillful players are what we're short of.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    In every other league league in the world Glatzel > Pato
    In the Championship under hoofball manager Pato > Glatzel
    They've both second strikers because neither of them have the attributes to play on their own up front. Glatzel lacks the strength and Paterson lacks the technique.

We signed Moore to replace Paterson who was sold because we got an offer for him and not Glatzel! Both Harris and Warnock decided that Paterson couldn’t play right back which I found strange as he played most of his career there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    We signed Moore to replace Paterson who was sold because we got an offer for him and not Glatzel! Both Harris and Warnock decided that Paterson couldn’t play right back which I found strange as he played most of his career there!
    Why do you think we signed Moore to replace Paterson? We signed Moore on 13th August and sold Paterson on 30th September.

Moore was signed to be the number 1 striker.

A success by our manager. If he could get a small fraction of the money blown on Madine Glatzel and Vassell maybe he could bring in a good back up and a right back.

We let Paterson go because Moore was obviously our No1 Striker and we didn’t get any offers for Glatzel!

Scores AGAIN

Harris obviously didn't rate Patterson. Although I still think if we had an offer for Glatzel he would have been moved on as well. It wasn't really an option of Patterson or Glatzel.

Paterson is a decent hard working Championship player, he was excellent in our promotion season , not as good when he came back from injury but still a useful first team squad player. I assume we only sold him because there was interest in him , I can’t see Glatzel interesting any other Championship sides