+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I've not seen/heard Harris post match comments from last night so let me guess...........

I've not seen/heard Harris post match comments from last night so let me guess...........

We were the best team till Mozza went off ?

Individual mistakes are costing us dearly?

Another 10 minutes and we would have got something out of the game?

We have a good bunch of lads?

Somebody tell me that he changed the record.

Re: I've not seen/heard Harris post match comments from last night so let me guess...........

Cardiff's Neil Harris: "We're conceding too many goals, we haven't got a clean-sheet mentality and we're too soft. We're too far from the top six for my liking. Losing games like tonight in the manner we did is disappointing, it's not good enough for me.

"Conceding goals like this is just not acceptable. Where's the winning mentality? Where's the clean-sheet mentality? We had it for so long and it's disappeared. It just can't happen if you want to compete at the top end of this league. I don't see us doing the hard yards to stop crosses. I don't see us putting a head in where it hurts. Is there enough leadership, is there enough desire to want to do well?"

Re: I've not seen/heard Harris post match comments from last night so let me guess...........

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff's Neil Harris: "We're conceding too many goals, we haven't got a clean-sheet mentality and we're too soft. We're too far from the top six for my liking. Losing games like tonight in the manner we did is disappointing, it's not good enough for me.

"Conceding goals like this is just not acceptable. Where's the winning mentality? Where's the clean-sheet mentality? We had it for so long and it's disappeared. It just can't happen if you want to compete at the top end of this league. I don't see us doing the hard yards to stop crosses. I don't see us putting a head in where it hurts. Is there enough leadership, is there enough desire to want to do well?"
    He's really struggling by the sounds of it.

OP: "So what has Harris said this time? Keeping a positive but delusional message? The moron."

MM: "Here is what Harris said."

Third poster: *reads realistic report on last night* "Sounds like he's struggling."

He literally cannot do anything to get approval at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    OP: "So what has Harris said this time? Keeping a positive but delusional message? The moron."

Third poster: *reads realistic report on last night* "Sounds like he's struggling."

He's asking rhetorical questions on the most basic aspects of the game, desire and work rate, that should be the last thing that a team loses. Yes, to me, it sounds like he's in trouble, he's questioning the players character.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

In a nutshell. It’s pathetic.

He says that mistakes are not acceptable and that it cannot continue to happen.

He then gets to the next game, changes nothing then trots out the same nonsense.

It is viewed as honesty in some quarters. We know what it is because we are watching how bad it is. What we want is a reaction from the man trying to turn this around.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    He says that mistakes are not acceptable and that it cannot continue to happen.

He then gets to the next game, changes nothing then trots out the same nonsense.

It is viewed as honesty in some quarters. We know what it is because we are watching how bad it is. What we want is a reaction from the man trying to turn this around.
    He is being honest, but so what, by that reckoning we should all be let off the hook when we **** something up because we've admitted to it. It's his job to get that urgency back, or find out why it's gone missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He is being honest, but so what, by that reckoning we should all be let off the hook when we **** something up because we've admitted to it. It's his job to get that urgency back, or find out why it's gone missing.
    It is.

It mystifies me why people are steadfast in their support of him especially after that showing against the rock bottom of the league.

Putting all this together and there's only one possible outcome

Hopefully we get a decent replacement and not another poundland flop.

He's asking rhetorical questions on the most basic aspects of the game, desire and work rate, that should be the last thing that a team loses. Yes, to me, it sounds like he's in trouble, he's questioning the players character.
    I think anyone who has watched us play recently should be questioning the character of the players. The goals that we conceded last night were pathetic. Two of the goals that Brentford scored were down to really poor defending. Norwich could have scored a hatful against us, but the two that they did manage were from long-range shots by players who should have been closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Putting all this together and there's only one possible outcome

Hopefully we get a decent replacement and not another poundland flop.
    And so the criticism of the next manager starts already.

My choice for next manager would be Michael Appleton at Lincoln. This might be unrealistic given that they'll probably be at our level by next year so someone from a similar mold, but would that be described as "poundland"?

questioning leadership is a right kick in the knackers for Morrison, goes off injured and his leadership as captain gets questioned in a press conference!

Whilst speaking openly and honestly may be good, there's a time and place for publicly shaming the players in this manner.

Deflection tactics, certainly. I struggle to recall a manager who has publicly slated their players and stayed in post.

Somehow he managed to get a winning mentality for 4 games, now he can't get a clean sheet from the players. He got them into that 'winning way' but cosnt keep any momentum up. People talk about him working wonders to get us in the playoffs, again he built momentum and couldn't keep it going. He's above his level in this league and it's time for him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think anyone who has watched us play recently should be questioning the character of the players. The goals that we conceded last night were pathetic. Two of the goals that Brentford scored were down to really poor defending. Norwich could have scored a hatful against us, but the two that they did manage were from long-range shots by players who should have been closed down.
    Yeah, and i'm getting accused of being critical without any basis when some of our players aren't prepared to put a shift in or do the basics correctly. Even Harris has said the same thing, it's all so very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    questioning leadership is a right kick in the knackers for Morrison, goes off injured and his leadership as captain gets questioned in a press conference!

Whilst speaking openly and honestly may be good, there's a time and place for publicly shaming the players in this manner.

Deflection tactics, certainly. I struggle to recall a manager who has publicly slated their players and stayed in post.

Somehow he managed to get a winning mentality for 4 games, now he can't get a clean sheet from the players. He got them into that 'winning way' but cosnt keep any momentum up. People talk about him working wonders to get us in the playoffs, again he built momentum and couldn't keep it going. He's above his level in this league and it's time for him to go.
    Did you see the performances during that magical winning streak? We were rubbish, just as we have been for months.

And yet some very fickle (and deluded) fans have chosen to ignore the underlying trend (of utterly dire, tedious, shapeless, boring football) masked by a few wins, being completely unable to see beyond the end of their own noses.

I mean was ANYONE surprised by the utter rubbish played last night? Or the previous game? Or the previous game? Etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Did you see the performances during that magical winning streak? We were rubbish, just as we have been for months.

And yet some very fickle (and deluded) fans have chosen to ignore the underlying trend (of utterly dire, tedious, shapeless, boring football) masked by a few wins, being completely unable to see beyond the end of their own noses.

I mean was ANYONE surprised by the utter rubbish played last night? Or the previous game? Or the previous game? Etc etc
    I've gone past the performance and technical stuff, it's way past that, we're just not up to it. Whether that's to do with Harris, the players, Dalman, choo or the whole lot of them is by the bye for me now,i've accepted it. What isn't acceptable is a lack of desire, work rate and togetherness, because lets face it, that's all we've got most of the time.

I've gone past the performance and technical stuff, it's way past that, we're just not up to it. Whether that's to do with Harris, the players, Dalman, choo or the whole lot of them is by the bye for me now,i've accepted it. What isn't acceptable is a lack of desire, work rate and togetherness, because lets face it, that's all we've got most of the time.
    Agreed, i've cheered on much worse players over the years for giving their all regardless of limitations

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Agreed, i've cheered on much worse players over the years for giving their all regardless of limitations

We have had worst players than this pool.
    They did give 100%

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    We have had worst players than this pool.
    They did give 100%
    that's what i'm saying..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

No, we weren't. We played well against Luton, Huddersfield, and Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    that's what i'm saying..
    Oh to have the likes of Dwyer,Bater,Perry ect all had their limitations but they gave their all.