+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it’s up to you to recruit a new manager,

So it’s up to you to recruit a new manager,

from interviewing them, to choosing the candidate.
    You have, say 30 applicants, ranging from inexperienced but keen, to those who’ve managed at this level before, and those who’ve managed at a higher level, but are in the autumn of their careers.
    How do you approach the interview, what kind of football do you want the club to play, and what kind of contract are you going to offer them? Baring in mind, the playing budget is limited.

Re: So it’s up to you to recruit a new manager,

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    from interviewing them, to choosing the candidate.
    You have, say 30 applicants, ranging from inexperienced but keen, to those who’ve managed at this level before, and those who’ve managed at a higher level, but are in the autumn of their careers.
    How do you approach the interview, what kind of football do you want the club to play, and what kind of contract are you going to offer them? Baring in mind, the playing budget is limited.
    Is that you, Mehmet?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is that you, Mehmet?

They'll try anything these days.

Some questions I'd ask :
    Could we further develop the Accademy status as z priority.
    Rather than spend I'd like utilise loans to support above priority.
    Spend more on a scouting system that supports development and additions to the squad .
    Bring in under 25's players .
    Bring more young Welsh players to create a tighter unit
    I'd like a 3 year contract to develop the new tactics along with at least 2 development players in each first team squad .

I'd bring in a consultant. I'd ask other managers for recommendations. I'd look at assistant managers. I'd look at Leagues One and Two. I'd look around Europe. And beyond. I was wondering this morning if we could bring in someone on a six-month contract while we search for a new permanent manager. Or whether one of our players was up to it until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Some questions I'd ask :
    Could we further develop the Accademy status as z priority.
    Rather than spend I'd like utilise loans to support above priority.
    Spend more on a scouting system that supports development and additions to the squad .
    Bring in under 25's players .
    Bring more young Welsh players to create a tighter unit
    I'd like a 3 year contract to develop the new tactics along with at least 2 development players in each first team squad .
    I think this is a mistake. It limits the club because the pool is so small. It would put us at the mercy of agents. I also think that Welsh players seem to get a pass from the fans which can lead to complacency. Joe Ledley was a decent player. But massively overrated by our fans. Will Vaulks' game is pretty limited as far as I'm concerned, but he rarely gets criticized. It's the same with everyone that wants Bellamy to manage the team. Based on what?

It's nice to have Welsh boys in the team, but it shouldn't be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd bring in a consultant. I'd ask other managers for recommendations. I'd look at assistant managers. I'd look at Leagues One and Two. I'd look around Europe. And beyond. I was wondering this morning if we could bring in someone on a six-month contract while we search for a new permanent manager. Or whether one of our players was up to it until the end of the season.
    Glenn Roeder recommended Russell Slade to CCFC. That worked out well.

I still believe the best gamble is obvious. Bellamy is even in Cardiff for Christmas. Wish the three clowns and Borley would act, rather than enable Harris to inflict more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post

I still believe the best gamble is obvious. Bellamy is even in Cardiff for Christmas. Wish the three clowns and Borley would act, rather than enable Harris to inflict more damage.
    I'd be a bit more discerning about who I asked. For instance, I wouldn't be asking Neil Warnock or Neil Harris for recommendations.

I'd bring in a CONSULTANT I'd ask other managers for recommendations. I'd look at assistant managers. I'd look at Leagues One and Two. I'd look around Europe. And beyond. I was wondering this morning if we could bring in someone on a six-month contract while we search for a new permanent manager. Or whether one of our players was up to it until the end of the season.
    That’s like bringing in an overseer, instead of 10 nurses !!!

Why waste money on what WE CAN ALL SEE !!!!!!

Make sure you keep a hotline to ankles for the interview process so he can veto anyone he dislikes..

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s like bringing in an overseer, instead of 10 nurses !!!

Why waste money on what WE CAN ALL SEE !!!!!!
    OK. So who's your new manager?

OK. So who's your new manager?
    I don’t think we should at this stage go down the foreign coach route, as we haven’t got the technical playing staff that would suit their playing style.

Also, we don’t need an inexperienced person.

With those two things in mind, maybe we should be looking at the likes of Nigel Pearson (not fussed on him as a person, but you never can tell), or maybe Slaven Bilic .

Let’s be honest, it’s a lottery out there

I don’t think we should at this stage go down the foreign coach route, as we haven’t got the technical playing staff that would suit their playing style.

With those two things in mind, maybe we should be looking at the likes of Nigel Pearson (not fussed on him as a person, but you never can tell), or maybe Slaven Bilic .

I think we need a fresh start. Someone young, ambitious and forward-thinking.

The person who's recently repainted the clock tower at Roath Park would probably be near the top of the board's list.

I can't believe there aren't more opinions in this thread.

Come on people. It's a football thread, specific to a topical subject at the City. And you are literally being asked to give an opinion. Is that what it is? Because you were asked? I thought this would be a 5 pager at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AntEvans View Post
    Slade came in to do a job and they wanted someone they could trust after Mackay and OGS.

I'd go for Wagner, Schalke are an absolute basket case so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and they're a massive club.

Failing that, Alex Neil at PNE and bring their best players with him on a free.

If we can't afford anyone, just give it to Bamba to the end of the season. At least we'll know. We've got a 13 point buffer, we're not going down.

[QUOTE=Pedro de la Rosa;5151713]Slade came in to do a job and they wanted someone they could trust after Mackay and OGS.

I'd go for Wagner, Schalke are an absolute basket case so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and they're a massive club.

Failing that, Alex Neil at PNE and bring their best players with him on a free.

If we can't afford anyone, just give it to Bamba to the end of the season. At least we'll know. We've got a 13 point buffer, we’re not going down.

Famous last words !!!! Lose on Saturday and that 13 is down to 10, the way we’re playing, I wouldn’t say that was comfortable

Famous last words !!!! Lose on Saturday and that 13 is down to 10, the way we’re playing, I wouldn’t say that was comfortable
    We've got Smithies, Wilson, Morrison and Moore. We're not going down. There's some proper, proper garbage in the league. We've been absolutely awful and we've got 29 points from 22 games.

Cowley brothers, i know the failed at Huddersfield but the achieved wonders at Lincoln, playing fast direct style which would suit our current squad

I'd swallow my pride and try and tap up the person who recommends managers to them down west, have they had a dud in the last decade? and they've had a few.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    I'd swallow my pride and try and tap up the person who recommends managers to them down west, have they had a dud in the last decade? and they've had a few.

That American fella who tied his horse up there

That American fella who tied his horse up there
    He was only there for 11 games. He's actually a decent coach. If he was 10 years younger I'd take him over Harris.

Using a musical analogy, it would have to be someone who could get a tune out of the instrument we have as we cannot afford new strings.

After our dreadful performance against Wycombe on Tuesday, I'd give Gareth Ainsworth a go. He out thought Harris, and his squad put together for peanuts out played ours. Most importantly he cuts a far more dashing figure on the touchline than the trackie wearing Harris! I am only joking about the last sentence by the way.