+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamba to Boro

Bamba to Boro

Apparently allowed to talk to them.

From my sauce inside the depths of CCS

Re: Bamba to Boro

That’s a shame. He was the next Pep Guardiola according to some on here.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Who is one step down from Neil Harris according to others on here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Who is one step down from Neil Harris according to others on here.
    Wha?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Would that be a spicy sauce?

Seriously, if he goes out on loan until the end of the season, that would free up the wage bill a bit and he could come back for a coaching role.

Just a thought.

But he's done his badges and everything!

I'd noticed Sol hadn't been on bench last couple of games so something may be up.

Sad if true I don't see him as the great Pep messiah however I think he could gell the team together and pull us through this slump, if he had some support and experience with him like other players he could step from a player role into a coach or manager .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But he's done his badges and everything!

Most probably got them off of Billy

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    That Billy gets everywhere. I can well imagine him making his way through the dressing room before a match offering badges to the players, standing on an upturned bucket so Kieffer can have a closer look.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    That Billy gets everywhere. I can well imagine him making his way through the dressing room before a match offering badges to the players, standing on an upturned bucket so Kieffer can have a closer look.

I saw him selling balloons in Ponty Park one summer. Got to earn a crust pre season I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Can't find any reference to Bamba going to Boro on their forums. Maybe it's just rumour, but then again he's not been on the bench for us in the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

Cannot see that happening with the current squad issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Cannot see that happening with the current squad issues.
    If he wants out I can't imagine the club would stand in his way.

Bamba to Gascoigne is gaining traction

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bamba to Gascoigne is gaining traction
    Got to be worth a bob or a tanner.

I would be gutted to see Bamba leave.

Every club needs a legend within it's ranks, whether that's playing, coaching or even in hospitality.

I think Bamba knows the club inside out and understands the demands of the fans.

He could be our version of Alan Curtis.

Makes sense.

The last Championship game Sol Bamba started was a year ago today. City were thumped 6-1 at QPR and Bamba was taken off at half-time.

This season he started the 3-0 EFL Cup defeat at Northampton (he was taken off after 67 minutes) and has played a grand total of 30 minutes of Championship football during 5 sub appearances. Bamba will be 36 in January. If Harris can somehow get him off the books it will be the best bit of work he's done for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The last Championship game Sol Bamba started was a year ago today. City were thumped 6-1 at QPR and Bamba was taken off at half-time.

This season he started the 3-0 EFL Cup defeat at Northampton (he was taken off after 67 minutes) and has played a grand total of 30 minutes of Championship football during 5 sub appearances. Bamba will be 36 in January. If Harris can somehow get him off the books it will be the best bit of work he's done for a while.
    Agreed. I was surprised to find out that Bamba has played more games for us than any other club.

Bamba went off with a serious injury at Wolves in the PL. He came on as a 42nd minute sub in the 2-1 win at Hillsborough just after Christmas and then started that 6-1 defeat at QPR.

His 6 starts for us since that injury have seen us conceding 15 goals while he was on the pitch at an average of a goal every 33 minutes. 8 of those goals were to sides lower than us in the football pyramid.

If Warnock wants him, great. There's absolutely no doubt that Bamba is finished at this level, it's even debatable whether he's good enough for a League 2 side any more. He's been a great player for us in the past, but the serious injury was always likely to derail his career.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

But he's a tactical genius future manager who's been with us since he broke into the first team aged 14

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. I was surprised to find out that Bamba has played more games for us than any other club.

Bamba went off with a serious injury at Wolves in the PL. He came on as a 42nd minute sub in the 2-1 win at Hillsborough just after Christmas and then started that 6-1 defeat at QPR.

His 6 starts for us since that injury have seen us conceding 15 goals while he was on the pitch at an average of a goal every 33 minutes. 8 of those goals were to sides lower than us in the football pyramid.

If Warnock wants him, great. There's absolutely no doubt that Bamba is finished at this level, it's even debatable whether he's good enough for a League 2 side any more. He's been a great player for us in the past, but the serious injury was always likely to derail his career.
    Let’s hope Warnock takes some of his many crap signings back to Middlesbrough!