+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aden Flint

Aden Flint

Sounds like the Sheffield Wednesday owner wants to cancel the loan:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...oanees-3082568

Aden Flint and Jack Marriott’s Sheffield Wednesday loans over? – Dejphon Chansiri comments on Cardiff City and Derby County loanees.

Sheffield Wednesday chairman, Dejphon Chansiri, admits that Aden Flint and Jack Marriott may not play for the club again.

Flint and Marriott were deadline day signings for Garry Monk a few months ago, but only made a handful of appearances before serious injuries saw the pair return to their mother clubs, Cardiff City and Derby County, well ahead of schedule.

Things have been up in the air with regards to whether either would be returning to Hillsborough once they had recovered from injury – Wayne Rooney admitted that he wasn’t sure on Marriott, with Derby having a January recall clause – and it appears a definite decision has still not been made.

When The Star asked about the duo, Chansiri said, “I don’t know yet… I think Flint needs to go, but the other I’m not sure yet.”

Given the fact that a new manager will soon come in to replace the fired Tony Pulis, Chansiri may be looking to give the new manager some wiggle room in the transfer market, which may be made easier if Flint and Marriott were no longer on the squad list.

Re: Aden Flint

Fair enough, doesn’t make sense to keep him on when he can’t play, especially if they are struggling to pay wages currently

Suppose it depends on if we have to take him back...

I'd have him over Benkovic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Think that's a bit harsh on Benkovic. One mistake in the first few minutes of 1st real football he'd played in a year. And his distribution was better than either of our centre backs.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this must be a parody account... nobody can be that football illiterate

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sounds like the Sheffield Wednesday owner wants to cancel the loan:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...oanees-3082568

Aden Flint and Jack Marriott’s Sheffield Wednesday loans over? – Dejphon Chansiri comments on Cardiff City and Derby County loanees.

Sheffield Wednesday chairman, Dejphon Chansiri, admits that Aden Flint and Jack Marriott may not play for the club again.

Flint and Marriott were deadline day signings for Garry Monk a few months ago, but only made a handful of appearances before serious injuries saw the pair return to their mother clubs, Cardiff City and Derby County, well ahead of schedule.

Things have been up in the air with regards to whether either would be returning to Hillsborough once they had recovered from injury – Wayne Rooney admitted that he wasn’t sure on Marriott, with Derby having a January recall clause – and it appears a definite decision has still not been made.

When The Star asked about the duo, Chansiri said, “I don’t know yet… I think Flint needs to go, but the other I’m not sure yet.”

Given the fact that a new manager will soon come in to replace the fired Tony Pulis, Chansiri may be looking to give the new manager some wiggle room in the transfer market, which may be made easier if Flint and Marriott were no longer on the squad list.
    A season long loan can only normally be ended early by agreement between the two clubs. Should Bamba leave and Benkovic go back to Leicester we would have no cover at centre back, unless Harris and the club have a cunning plan for January? The thing is we offloaded him to get his salary off the payroll , so why should w have him back now when he is injured, we should wait until he is fit and make them pay his wages. Maybe not fair, but Wednesday are looking at it in monetary terms so why shouldn't Cardiff?

I want to see Benkovic play again before I make a decision on him.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’ve come to the conclusion that this must be a parody account... nobody can be that football illiterate
    Benkovic got a 3/10 off Wales Online. I'd say that was generous. He can't defend, that's why Rodgers has called him out time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I do but I think we need to remember there's a reason why he's not been in the side.

To be fair when I read that mark of 3/10 by Glen Williams, I felt he deserved 4/10 as he improved somewhat after his initial calamity which began with Bacuna conceding a needless corner. We will see how he does at Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    To be fair when I read that mark of 3/10 by Glen Williams, I felt he deserved 4/10 as he improved somewhat after his initial calamity which began with Bacuna conceding a needless corner. We will see how he does at Rotherham.
    There was also that slide tackle that went nowhere, the missed kicked clearances etc and the fact he didn't pick up his man for their second goal. His passing was so risky, too. I don't think he knows he's playing with rubbish midfielders.

Benkovic got a 3/10 off Wales Online. I'd say that was generous. He can't defend, that's why Rodgers has called him out time and time again.
    You base your perspective off a Wales Online article??? ... that’s another level

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You base your perspective off a Wales Online article??? ... that’s another level
    No, I based it off being absolutely stunned how poor he was. Wales Online backed that up.

If I had to set up a scenario for a new defender to fail in I'd have a hard time beating:

- replacing the captain and best defender who had gone off injured
    - wider team on bad run of form and looking fatigued
    - misfiring midfielders and attacking players so less likely to be bailed out of any errors

Sounds like he had a stinker but that doesn't mean he can't contribute going forward.

Flint is injured and won't be contributing for a while. He absolutely cannot play with Morrison but, to be fair, was the better defender of the two when he first arrived. If we need him consider bringing him back for short-term cover.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If I had to set up a scenario for a new defender to fail in I'd have a hard time beating:

- replacing the captain and best defender who had gone off injured
    - wider team on bad run of form and looking fatigued
    - misfiring midfielders and attacking players so less likely to be bailed out of any errors

Sounds like he had a stinker but that doesn't mean he can't contribute going forward.

Flint is injured and won't be contributing for a while. He absolutely cannot play with Morrison but, to be fair, was the better defender of the two when he first arrived. If we need him consider bringing him back for short-term cover.
    Everyone has been asking why he wasn't playing. I think we all saw why he hasn't.

Alarm bells should have been ringing with Rodgers multiple negative comments about him and his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Same. There's obviously some issues there with him, but he has to be worth a look. Why not under the current situation? If we strike lucky and he looks like he can play,then we might be on to something, as that's the direction plenty of us are after. I'd love him to have a good game tomorrow.

Everyone has been asking why he wasn't playing. I think we all saw why he hasn't.

Alarm bells should have been ringing with Rodgers multiple negative comments about him and his attitude.
    He played 56 times for Zagreb with 6 goals (and Champions League appearances), 20 for Celtic (2 goals), 20 for Bristol City (2 goals) that's without being involved with Croatian setup. He's only 23 and been sat on the bench for his time with us with no rotation or easing in to the starting eleven and sensible selection from our manager. Nelson (in my opinion) is a bang average player and is in the starting eleven by default. Morrison is selected by default. Harris has not managed this signing well (same as Warnock was guilty of on many occasions).

Benkovic is not responsible for all our losses and the 25 goals we've leaked. That's down to the current manager, setup and players. I don't think any of us can judge Benkovic based on our team and management debacle against Wycombe.

You may well be right about him but surely we need to give the lad a break and a chance? Our current first team choices and management are the one's responsible for where we are right now, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He played 56 times for Zagreb with 6 goals (and Champions League appearances), 20 for Celtic (2 goals), 20 for Bristol City (2 goals) that's without being involved with Croatian setup. He's only 23 and been sat on the bench for his time with us with no rotation or easing in to the starting eleven and sensible selection from our manager. Nelson (in my opinion) is a bang average player and is in the starting eleven by default. Morrison is selected by default. Harris has not managed this signing well (same as Warnock was guilty of on many occasions).

Benkovic is not responsible for all our losses and the 25 goals we've leaked. That's down to the current manager, setup and players. I don't think any of us can judge Benkovic based on our team and management debacle against Wycombe.

You may well be right about him but surely we need to give the lad a break and a chance? Our current first team choices and management are the one's responsible for where we are right now, not him.
    Hallelujah... sanity prevails

The other name that is often forgotten when talking about our defensive options is Ciaron Brown.

He was u23 captain. Went out on loan again to Livingston in the summer (third spell with them) on a deal to 31 January.

He's now 22. Played 10 league and 2 cup games this season so far. Normally a centre back, I think.

I would play Cunningham at centre back.

He reads the game well and defends solidly. His weakness tends to be getting forward so let's take that requirement from him.