+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ROTHERHAM UTD P - P CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD P - P CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm watching the Jacks. They just went 1-0. I didn't fancy Palace v Sheffield Utd.
    Don't know why but I hate watching the jacks.
    Sorry to be a pedant but they went 0-1 down just to clarify.
    Sounds like they've been unlucky since going behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    1-1 now at Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    No orange ball available.
    There isn't one available at Chesterfield either. Just showed a clip and it's barely visible.
    Their pitch is as bad, if not worse, than Rotherham's.
    Still snowing and they'll do well to finish the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    1-1 now at Liberty
    Yup. Glad I didn't put it on!

Bit of a trek for city for no reason, at least no fans inconvenienced this time.

If that's called off with that dusting then I don't see how any football in this country can be played with snow again. Maybe if they had more than one fella with a leaf blower.

Back to the Palace game now. Eze just scored a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yeah. I left out the word "down". Fair play to them, they battled back well. Jamal Lowe is good.

Always looks a fantastic player when I've seen him. Great finish but seemed so easy for him, Ampadu beaten too easily along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m going to sound such an old fogey, but when I think back to some of the pitches that matches used to go ahead on in my youth, why on earth is today’s game off if those pictures represent the worst of the conditions?
    Quite right, Bob. I can remember going to a Saturday game at Mansfield once. It was absolutely freezing; even thick ice on the windows inside the CCSC coach going to the game. The pitch was covered in about 2 inches of snow which then froze. Still the game was played.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m going to sound such an old fogey, but when I think back to some of the pitches that matches used to go ahead on in my youth, why on earth is today’s game off if those pictures represent the worst of the conditions?
    It seemed to me at the time that half the televised Sunderland matches were played with an orange ball because of snow on the pitch.

Nothing compared to the Tromso v Chelsea game during the Vialli era. Now that was real snow !

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Always looks a fantastic player when I've seen him. Great finish but seemed so easy for him, Ampadu beaten too easily along the way.
    Ampadu had a mare. He made Eze look like Maradona.

Not snowed at all in Rotherham since. Goodness knows where they got that weather forecast from. Very convenient postponement for both managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Not snowed at all in Rotherham since. Goodness knows where they got that weather forecast from. Very convenient postponement for both managers.
    I'm not sure its that good news for Harris. Our next league game is Norwich...

I think if we won today he'd have had a reprieve. I think now we've not won, he might get the sack without a league game for a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I think if we won today he'd have had a reprieve. I think now we've not won, he might get the sack without a league game for a fortnight.
    Boro are beating Wycombe 3-1 at the moment. There are no reasons for Harris to remain City manager after our debacle Tuesday night.

Homeward bound

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Boro are beating Wycombe 3-1 at the moment. There are no reasons for Harris to remain City manager after our debacle Tuesday night.
    Middlesbrough up to 7th, for all his faults Warnock would have this Cardiff side much higher in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Middlesbrough up to 7th, for all his faults Warnock would have this Cardiff side much higher in the table.
    What happened last season, then? Warnock is the reason we are in this mess.

What happened last season, then? Warnock is the reason we are in this mess.
    I don’t think you can blame somebody who left, what 16 months ago. I don’t want him back but you have to admit he does a fantastic job of turning round struggling clubs time and time again

It wouldn't have surprised me if we had won today and Harris got sacked anyway. If we're going to change the manager in January, this is the week to do it.

I don’t think you can blame somebody who left, what 16 months ago. I don’t want him back but you have to admit he does a fantastic job of turning round struggling clubs time and time again
    And then leaving them in the lurch a couple of years later.

He has but it comes at a cost. We are paying that now. We were also worse under Warnock at the start of last season than we've ever been under Harris. Warnock did a cracking job until we started spending money.

He has but it comes at a cost. We are paying that now. We were also worse under Warnock at the start of last season than we've ever been under Harris. Warnock did a cracking job until we started spending money.
    Agree Warnock is a great motivator and bullshitter and does well initially but once he gets you into the Premier League and you give him money, he wastes it and get you relegated, it’s happened the 5 times he got promoted!

We were going nowhere before him either.

He came in and got us promoted, only the 2nd season in my 30 years of watching we have been there.

It is what it is right now, but this notion that he somehow ruined us is far from the truth for me.

Club lacks a clear ambition and proper leadership from the top down, that's been the case for most of my years watching City and I'm sure will be for many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We were going nowhere before him either.

He came in and got us promoted, only the 2nd season in my 30 years of watching we have been there.

It is what it is right now, but this notion that he somehow ruined us is far from the truth for me.

Club lacks a clear ambition and proper leadership from the top down, that's been the case for most of my years watching City and I'm sure will be for many more.
    Warnock did well. The statement was Warnock would be getting more out of the players than Harris. Warnock was worse with pretty much the same players last season.