Quote Originally Posted by aclem View Post
With transfer window open need to give incoming manager a chance to change things a bit so thanks NH but now is time.
See 3 options
1. Short term fix and possible run at play-offs with proven unsophisticated manager - Pearson, Bilic, Pulis type - best chance of play offs but what then ?
2. Medium term - forget play offs and give upcoming young candidate a half season to prove themselves- Bellamy, Bamba, ? Hudson- could be popular with fans and could be brilliant or could end in tears.
3. Long term - forget play offs but opt to change style of play and whole structure/ ethos. Will need more financial backing and patience if initial results poor - Howe, foreign coach, ? Ainsworth

What would people prefer ?
I don’t see a fundamental difference between your options 2 & 3. My dilemma is how bad would I be prepared for us to get to bring in the change of style? Relegation and 2 or 3 seasons in League 1? 3 or more seasons battling at the wrong end of the Championship? How long would the ownership and even the fans give anyone. Harris has had a year... the style is different but not dramatically enough for many, and there are multiple threads on here saying it’s time to go.... If success doesn’t come relatively quickly the knives will soon be out