+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Re: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    No, not at all.

Plenty have stolen a wage here over the years.
    That’s what I implied.

I've seen a lot more of him than you have.

In the Bundesliga kids get chances. Matondo had a chance at Schalke. He was consistently poor and it looks like he will be here.

We'll go along with your Twitter review of he is havig a quiet game and all those that think he is rubbish are overreacting if you like. Doesn't make much difference to me if you can't or won't see what is in front of you.
    1) You don't know how much of him I've seen. He's only had 1500 minutes in total, which is about 16/17 games.
    2) YOU'RE NOT WATCHING THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    1) You don't know how much of him I've seen. He's only had 1500 minutes in total, which is about 16/17 games.
    2) YOU'RE NOT WATCHING THE GAME
    Stoke fans are though.

One has now suggested they take him off and play with 10.

Stoke fans are though.

After we beat them, most of their fans would have lynched half their squad and the manager so I'll take that with a pinch of salt. They're losing to Rotherham so presumably none of them are playing well.

Stoke fans are though.

After we beat them, most of their fans would have lynched half their squad and the manager so I'll take that with a pinch of salt. They're losing to Rotherham so presumably none of them are playing well.
    Alright, alright. They're overreacting.

Stoke fans are though.

Really bizarre to come on here and have a pop at a player's performance in a game you're not even watching and basing it all on one of the most negative messageboards I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Really bizarre to come on here and have a pop at a player's performance in a game you're not even watching and basing it all on one of the most negative messageboards I've ever seen
    Not as bizarre as wanting him here because he has pace believe me. I also had a check to see what they think of him given previous discussions on here. Nothing more than that really.

We dodged a bullet and that will be proven no matter how many games he is given. Pedro is talking like him not getting game time is anybody but his own fault. If he was doing it regularly and good enough he would have featured for one of the worst Schalke teams in history.

That night we beat them was one of the best bit of internet reading I’ve ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Almost as bizarre as this:

I've seen a lot more of him than you have
    What a wanker

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That night we beat them was one of the best bit of internet reading I’ve ever experienced.
    It was great fun. Just had a quick look myself. The magic happens from page 12 onwards

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...e-city-cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Almost as bizarre as this:

What a wanker
    Here comes Croesy.
    Still calling me out for bollocks for saying Wilson was not undoubtedly one of the best players in the Championship and definitely a Premier League player? I can't say he's lighting up the division. I suppose he is for you? Who is talking bollocks again?

I'm a wanker now. You've got previous for swearing and name calling when you can't add any substance to your argument. It isn't surprising.

I watch a lot of Bundesliga. Most weeks in fact and quite like Schalke so watch a lot of their games. The fact Pedro wanted him here tells me he hasn't seen him play much at all. If he had he wouldn't have wanted him anywhere near a City team.

Croesy, that Wilson thread clearly smarts a bit as I've hardly ever quoted you or had much to do with you on here but you have popped up a few times since to have a dig on other threads.

Wilson is disappointing in a City shirt in the main. If he was undoubtedly a Premier League player then he would be playing there. Live with it. Let it go.

Just had a quick look on a stoke messageboard, and they were critical of Matondo, but not as extreme as has been suggested on here.
    Certainly Ojo came in for a lot more flack on here during his first couple of games, and he's turned out OK.

Hopefully he can build some confidence and get a run of games.

It was great fun. Just had a quick look myself. The magic happens from page 12 onwards

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...e-city-cardiff
    I've never seen anything quite like it

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Just had a quick look on a stoke messageboard, and they were critical of Matondo, but not as extreme as has been suggested on here.
    Certainly Ojo came in for a lot more flack on here during his first couple of games, and he's turned out OK.

Hopefully he can build some confidence and get a run of games.
    The comments I put above were from the Stoke message board I linked to.

People are saying he could be their worst player, suggested they take him off and play with 10 and are thankful it is only a loan move.

I am thankful we didn't go for him.

As for the watching more of him than Pedro. It wasn't a boast, I just probably do. I don't miss many Schalke games unless it clashes with City and have been over a few times to see them. Pedro wanting him here suggests to me he hasn't seen him play all that much. Some think he has enough to come good, I don't think he does. I'll leave it at that.

Croesy, that Wilson thread clearly smarts a bit as I've hardly ever quoted you or had much to do with you on here but you have popped up a few times since to have a dig on other threads.

Wilson is disappointing in a City shirt in the main. If he was undoubtedly a Premier League player then he would be playing there. Live with it. Let it go.
    I’ve seen a lot more of him than you have.

I’ve seen a lot more of him than you have.
    Nice one.

Your error of judgment is all the more surprising then.

Just because he’s been disappointing for city doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.

I stick by what I’ve said he’s a talented player and saying he’s nothing more than set pieces is one of the daftest things I’ve seen.

Me pointing out you sound bizarre in this thread is unrelated, you genuinely sound bizarre.

Just because he’s been disappointing for city doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.

I stick by what I’ve said he’s a talented player and saying he’s nothing more than set pieces is one of the daftest things I’ve seen.

Me pointing out you sound bizarre in this thread is unrelated, you genuinely sound bizarre.
    I said you take out his set pieces and he isn't as great as many make out. He hasn't really produced much by way of set piece magic here and has done very little outside of that.

One of the best players in this league does more than he has in games. As I have said since I would prefer a fit Tomlin in the team than a fit Wilson.
    I also believe Tomlin would be more likely to be closer to the best player in this league over the course of a season than Wilson would should they both stay fit.

You think I'm bizarre, I've always thought that you are. Each to their own.

I don’t think you’re bizarre mate, just that you’re sounding bizarre in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55595986

the lesson here is never have opinions on the internet
    This is his first goal or assist this season in any competition, including internationals, and it's over mid way through January. I stand by my statement

I don’t think you’re bizarre mate, just that you’re sounding bizarre in this thread
    Just posted a link to Stoke fans giving their opinion on Matondo after a few fans wanted him here. In short they don't think he is that great and I don't think he would have been here and we had a lucky escape.

I think posting what fans actually believe they see in a player rather than saying 'I think he has something' holds a bit more weight but it isn't for everybody.

We'll soon see how he does in the longer term. He might well come good and surprise me but his attitude will need to change. His attitude at Schalke mirrored Murphy's here so much it was uncanny.

I’m afraid he doesn’t seem to have any technical ability. He just has pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m afraid he doesn’t seem to have any technical ability. He just has pace.
    Pretty much the way I see it Pearcey.

It makes you wonder if during his developmental stage the pace worked against him in that it helped him get out of trouble by using only pace whereas your slower players have to develop the other areas of their game that bit more.

Pretty much the way I see it Pearcey.

It makes you wonder if during his developmental stage the pace worked against him in that it helped him get out of trouble by using only pace whereas your slower players have to develop the other areas of their game that bit more.
    Yep. When he has played for Wales you can see the pace but no end product. Would love to be wrong as we need as many young players as possible to come through but I just don’t see any ability there.