Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
Yep. When he has played for Wales you can see the pace but no end product. Would love to be wrong as we need as many young players as possible to come through but I just don’t see any ability there.
His pace is ridiculous (quicker than Sane and Sterling at Man City apparently) but it only serves to highlight his shortcomings all the more. He has that much longer to make decisions but still seems to take that extra touch, make the wrong choice and ultimately fails to create chances or score regularly.

The best way I heard him described at Schalke was that he was a gamble and if he was anywhere near the finished article he wouldn't be there. His pace cannot be questioned. I think they thought they could bring him up to a level where the £11 million they paid for him would have been considered a steal. As it is they have realised that they can't bring his game outside of his pace up to the required level and seem to have drawn a line under it. If he fails at Stoke it isn't very likely he will feature for a Schalke team that will be in rebuild mode and looking to get deadwood off the books either.

You compare him to another talent from the same Man City academy (and they could well have played together) in Jadon Sancho and you see the gulf in class.