Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
I've watched him for three seasons at Schalke.
I have very little faith in him suddenly getting that aspect of the game. Do you think Man City, Schalke and Wales have not tried to coach this into his game?

As for the playing style, I see very little. Harris has always played direct at Millwall and has in his time here. He has been here a year plus and still plays direct. Harris has moved only slightly from his direct style and is so uncomfortable with it he always reverts to type. That will not change as with any change will be a period of discomfort.
They are totally separate issues but I have more faith in Matondo making the grade than Harris changing something that he has always done. At least Matondo knows, or should know, what he has to do and is fully focused on doing it.

What I would ask is what faith you have in Stoke coaches achieving with Matondo that Man City, Schalke and Wales coaches have so far failed to achieve?
Stoke may be able to give him one thing that man city, schalke and Wales haven't , which is competitive football week in week out.