+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Looks like they are signing him on loan. Would he have come back to us? I have a feeling in the back of my mind that he didn't leave us on great terms???

Re: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Looks like they are signing him on loan. Would he have come back to us? I have a feeling in the back of my mind that he didn't leave us on great terms???
    He'd come back, he's a City fan. He's quite vocal about it on Instagram but I bet he's on good money at Schalke (they signed him for 12.5m after all!) and we haven't got any money! Harris said we brought in Wilson over another right back as the budget was too tight, so unless we manage to shift Murphy/Hoilett I think it's a non starter unfortunately. I'd love him back, he's got raw pace which we lack.

But we signed Will Vaulks. This club is a mess.

it'll be good for him to get some game time

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    But we signed Will Vaulks.
    In June 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In June 2019.
    Did we have different owners then?

There was nothing wrong with the Will Vaulks signing. It was a punt at a low cost

I watch a fair bit of Bundesliga and he hasn't pulled up trees. Man City must have been laughing all the way to the bank at £12m.
    He is probably one of Schalke's highest earners but the fact they're considering loaning him out shows where he is at with them even in their predicament at the moment (adrift at the bottom and in line for record games without a win in Bundesliga).

We have other wingers with bags of pace that rarely produce the goods. Matondo is no different. Has pace to burn but the rest of his game isn't up to par even given the slim pickings we have on the wings currently.

I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he’s going to be anything more than Championship standard at best

Before I get shot down here I have just checked his stats.

He has made 32 appearances for Schalke and has a total of 2 goals and 0 assists.

He seems to get in great positions with his pace but always ends up with the wrong option being taken. Think a very expensive Josh Low.

Did we have different owners then?
    Sorry, I've got absolutely no idea what you were driving at when you brought Will Vaulks into the equation. I shouldn't have bothered replying.

He is a half decent player he's typical of other signings , where they were doing a half decent job at a lower Championship club , or was their player of the season, so we take a punt , bit like Cunningham, Nelson, Whyte, Moore, Pack all reported decent performers at thier
    clubs .

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the Will Vaulks signing. It was a punt at a low cost
    £2.5m is certainly not low cost.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Sorry, I've got absolutely no idea what you were driving at when you brought Will Vaulks into the equation. I shouldn't have bothered replying.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Before I get shot down here I have just checked his stats.

He has made 32 appearances for Schalke and has a total of 2 goals and 0 assists.

He seems to get in great positions with his pace but always ends up with the wrong option being taken. Think a very expensive Josh Low.
    Well, if this is true, I'm glad he's coming to the Championship. I hope he gets plenty of game time. And by May we should know what kind of player he is.

Well, if this is true, I'm glad he's coming to the Championship. I hope he gets plenty of game time. And by May we should know what kind of player he is.
    I'm fairly certain of the kind of player he is. One that hardly scores and virtually never creates scoring chances for others.

I am glad it is Stoke rather than us is all I will add.

I'm fairly certain of the kind of player he is. One that hardly scores and virtually never creates scoring chances for others.

He's 20 and Schalke are the worst side in recent history. It's way too early to judge.

I don't rate him at all. He has bags of pace, but no ball-control or end product.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He is a half decent player he's typical of other signings , where they were doing a half decent job at a lower Championship club , or was their player of the season, so we take a punt , bit like Cunningham, Nelson, Whyte, Moore, Pack all reported decent performers at thier
    clubs .
    I too think overall Vaulks has done okay for us since he signed.
    Scores some spectacular goals too.

Yes Matondo would be a great addition to our squad but as has been said, looks like Harris has nothing in the kitty so a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's 20 and Schalke are the worst side in recent history. It's way too early to judge.
    yes precisely.

he's only 20, think of players like adama Traore at that age, pace and dribbling but nothing else. some time in the championship should be good for him

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wait.... aren’t you the guy that just a few days ago was calling out Benkovic as being worse than useless...

You are a joke

He's just 20 years old. For my money, judging based on Wales games, his last game had seen him step up quite a bit when he was playing against players of a similar age but still development needed. The right club at Championship level is a good stepping stone.

When I say you don't have the patience to see a change in playing style at the club, this is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

We signed Harry Wilson in a similair deal too which on paper is a better signing than Mattondo

From Harry Wilson is nothing other than set pieces to this ffs

Really hope he comes good but at the moment Rabbi strikes me as someone who is all fart and no poo