+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Re: Rabbi Matondo to Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They tried to sell him to Frankfurt and Augsburg in the summer but it fell through. Again, it can't be easy for a 20 year old in a side that loses every single week. He's actually made the squad or started for a lot of the games he's been fit. His best game last season was as a striker in a 3-1 win vs Leipzig.
    We'll agree to disagree. You obviously see a lot more in the lad than me. I see pace and not a great deal else which is exactly what 2 goals and 0 assists in 32 games suggests.

What is the badge that is touching the Borussia Dortmund badge?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What is the badge that is touching the Borussia Dortmund badge?
    Inter I think

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Wilson produced the same at Derby that Tomlin did last season from a wide position when he wasn't even the main man. He's also scored 7 goals in the Premier League, a level Tomlin has never played at

You complain that Wilson isn't consistent enough, is there a player more inconsistent than Tomlin? What's he done this year? Got himself sent off and injured. He's petulant and unreliable, that run at the end of the season was the first good run he'd produced in about 5 years and the only good one he's produced at Cardiff City.

Wilson works hard and is clearly talented, easily our best winger. He'd shine in a side like Swansea
    Tomlin played 6 matches at PL level

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Inter I think
    Right. It's all washed out. They change badges A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Right. It's all washed out. They change badges A LOT.
    They’ve effectively had that design since at least 2007

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Tomlin played 6 matches at PL level
    P6, W1, D1, L4
    0 goals
    0 assists

289 minutes played total, so just over 3 games worth

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Looks like they are signing him on loan. Would he have come back to us? I have a feeling in the back of my mind that he didn't leave us on great terms???
    His loan move to Stoke was completed today

This is a fair assessment of Matondo: https://welshfootballfans.com/eatsle...pk-frssf-9n5hl

He's running out of time to convince people but seems to be at a good club who want him to be there. At the end of the day, you either want the 20 year old Welsh player to be successful or you're not that invested.

Regarding Wilson, it seems a bit unrealistic for some to ask him to be a player of the year candidate having spent the past few months telling us how our our tactics are awful under a manager out of his depth. Wilson is too good for the Championship, a team like Burnley or Palace at lower end of premier league is probably his level, but it's a sign of how strong Liverpool are financially that they can request an unrealistic fee for a player.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair that's all Adama Traore is now, most overhyped player in the Premier League
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55595986

the lesson here is never have opinions on the internet

Marino leaves and schalke win their next game 4-0.
    having not won since god knows when

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Marino leaves and schalke win their next game 4-0.
    having not won since god knows when
    He’s nearly 60 now so as good a quarter back that he was it’s no surprise

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s nearly 60 now so as good a quarter back that he was it’s no surprise
    bloody auto correct

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...e-city?page=15

Check out page 15 and 16 of the thread on tonight's game.

Stoke fans seem to have made their mind up.

We dodged a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com...e-city?page=15

Check out page 15 and 16 of the thread on tonight's game.

Stoke fans seem to have made their mind up.

We dodged a bullet.
    Not very complimentary to him at all, and the other Welsh dig as well, ‘We have a strong bench, apart from Vokes’.

A few comments.

He can't control it or get it out of his feet to run at anybody.
    He is in the running to be Stoke's worst ever player.
    They should be thankful he is only a loan signing.

All that after two games. It won't change either.

A few comments.

He can't control it or get it out of his feet to run at anybody.
    He is in the running to be Stoke's worst ever player.
    They should be thankful he is only a loan signing.

All that after two games. It won't change either.
    Nothing like a good bit of overreaction.

Not very complimentary to him at all, and the other Welsh dig as well, ‘We have a strong bench, apart from Vokes’.
    I'm not a great fan of Vokes.
    Loved his goal against the Belgians but he's not that good as his overall game and record suggests. The fact he is stuck on the bench for a Stoke team who struggle for goals says it all.

Wales players and City players seem to get built up as better than they are by some fans. It has gone on for quite some time.

Nothing like a good bit of overreaction.
    Could well be an overreaction.

He would give Murphy a run for his money here for the least effort and consistently poor performer awards. To think some wanted him here.

He seems to have lost his way at Man City reserves and believed his own hype rather than knuckle down. You check any highlights on YouTube etc and the vast majority is from his Man City youth and reserve days.

I'm not a great fan of Vokes.
    Loved his goal against the Belgians but he's not that good as his overall game and record suggests. The fact he is stuck on the bench for a Stoke team who struggle for goals says it all.

Wales players and City players seem to get built up as better than they are by some fans. It has gone on for quite some time.
    You’re quite correct, we’ll always have a soft spot for him for obvious reasons but in reality he ‘filled a gap’ for Wales. Past his sell by date now I fear and annoying for Stokies that he’s obviously picking up a fair old wage, not unlike some ‘stars’ we’ve had over the years.

You’re quite correct, we’ll always have a soft spot for him for obvious reasons but in reality he ‘filled a gap’ for Wales. Past his sell by date now I fear and annoying for Stokies that he’s obviously picking up a fair old wage, not unlike some ‘stars’ we’ve had over the years.
    No, not at all.

Plenty have stolen a wage here over the years.

Could well be an overreaction.

He would give Murphy a run for his money here for the least effort and consistently poor performer awards. To think some wanted him here.

He seems to have lost his way at Man City reserves and believed his own hype rather than knuckle down. You check any highlights on YouTube etc and the vast majority is from his Man City youth and reserve days.
    Are you watching Rotherham Stoke tonight? He's a loan signing and they've signed Berahino, Wimmer etc.

Matondo is rapid, he's very young and he's never really had proper first team football. I like him, I think he's got something. I agree with you on Wales and City players being overrated but I think we'd be a good environment for him as he'd get time.

Are you watching Rotherham Stoke tonight? He's a loan signing and they've signed Berahino, Wimmer etc.

Matondo is rapid, he's very young and he's never really had proper first team football. I like him, I think he's got something. I agree with you on Wales and City players being overrated but I think we'd be a good environment for him as he'd get time.
    No I'm not.

I'm looking at the reaction of several fans who are.
    Are you?

I trust message boards like this especially when the universal opinion is that he isn't very good.

No I'm not.

I'm looking at the reaction of several fans who are.
    Are you?

I trust message boards like this especially when the universal opinion is that he isn't very good.

I've looked on twitter, most think he's been quiet but they've been poor all over. I'm not the one writing him off after looking on a message board. Did you see their board after we beat them? It was the most negative thing I've ever seen.

I've looked on twitter, most think he's been quiet but they've been poor all over. I'm not the one writing him off after looking on a message board. Did you see their board after we beat them? It was the most negative thing I've ever seen.
    I've seen a lot more of him than you have.

In the Bundesliga kids get chances. Matondo had a chance at Schalke. He was consistently poor and it looks like he will be here.

We'll go along with your Twitter review of he is havig a quiet game and all those that think he is rubbish are overreacting if you like. Doesn't make much difference to me if you can't or won't see what is in front of you.