+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales has a new World Champion

Wales has a new World Champion

Deserved a thread of its own

Congratulations Gerwen Price.
    PDC World Champion and world number one.

Re: Wales has a new World Champion

Why? Does every English football club messageboard feel the need to create a thread whenever an Englishman wins the World Championship?

Strange question and one which I'm sure you have the answer to anyway, after all you're Mr Statistics on here

Perhaps you are a little narked. After all you decided to reply to this thread but not to numerous posters who disagreed with your stance on the man and his particular style of play on the main darts thread?

For the record I just wanted Gerwyn to know, in case he happens to read our MB, that I for one am made up that he has reached the pinnacle of his sport, even if many of his peers and Sky are not.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Strange question and one which I'm sure you have the answer to anyway, after all you're Mr Statistics on here

Perhaps you are a little narked. After all you decided to reply to this thread but not to numerous posters who disagreed with your stance on the man and his particular style of play on the main darts thread?

For the record I just wanted Gerwyn to know, in case he happens to read our MB, that I for one am made up that he has reached the pinnacle of his sport, even if many of his peers and Sky are not.
    You've probably guessed that I'm not that made up. I know I'm not on my own with this. My point being that because he's Welsh doesn't mean we all have to get behind him in the way that it never happens like that in England. We can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why? Does every English football club messageboard feel the need to create a thread whenever an Englishman wins the World Championship?
    January blues already hit have they Eric? 🙄 Just be happy that someone from our nation is a world champion, go on try really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You've probably guessed that I'm not that made up. I know I'm not on my own with this. My point being that because he's Welsh doesn't mean we all have to get behind him in the way that it never happens like that in England. We can agree to disagree.
    Every proper welshman would support this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Every proper welshman would support this thread
    A joke, right?

Hell of an achievement 👏 fair play even if you like the bloke or not

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    January blues already hit have they Eric? �� Just be happy that someone from our nation is a world champion, go on try really hard.
    I don't watch Darts, i haven't got Sky or whatever platform it is on. If Eric doesn't like the blokes personality (in a sporting sense) the way he plays, how he reacts etc, then he is entitled to think that Price is a bit of a dick and not support him. Who cares where a person is born?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't watch Darts, i haven't got Sky or whatever platform it is on. If Eric doesn't like the blokes personality (in a sporting sense) the way he plays, how he reacts etc, then he is entitled to think that Price is a bit of a dick and not support him. Who cares where a person is born?
    Exactly. Thanks, saved me saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A joke, right?
    Yes It relates to a political post Eric wrote.

I am sure he will tell me off in due course but I couldn't resist it

I thought he was great.

Blew Anderson away. Great story having had a career in rugby prior to the darts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes It relates to a political post Eric wrote.

I am sure he will tell me off in due course but I couldn't resist it