Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
Its because he's an ex player and an easy pick. Lots of clubs have had managers/coaches who have played for the club at some point. Better the devil you know and all that. Its just football circles i guess and as fans we get a bit lazy and love a bit of nostalgia with cult heroes returning to the club. (i saw someone suggest graham kavanagh as manager a few months back!!)
Eddie Howe had a fantastic journey with Bournemouth after playing for them for many years in the lower leagues, maybe he wouldn't he have had that particular managerial chance had they not known him however there are many many clubs where it dosn't work out. Risk clubs take I guess.

I'm on the fence with this Bellamy talk. Like all managers, they have to start somewhere but it just dosn't feel quite right for me. I think he'd be a Roy Keane type manager, constantly having a go and bellowing at the players. But also maybe that's what the team needs perhaps? Tricky one.

Whatever happens for sure though it can't go on like it is. The boardroom worries me more than the manager and whoever comes in - if Neil Harris were to depart I just fear it'll be the same old story kicking the can down the road.
He is not a easy pick because he played for us like Kavanagh, He is someone who since retiring has worked extensively in coaching, completing numerous certifications, getting experience at youth level and gone over to Belgium to coach under Kompany with Anderlecht. He is a young, passionate managerial prospect for any club.

We also have the added benefit of having ties with him and he is a very passionate Welshman, and to a lot of people that means something.

He could not have gone about his learning process any better really, even turning down the Cardiff job previously because he correctly thought the timing was wrong. To me he shows a good work ethic and a ever growing maturity.