Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
In the opening post I was arguing for Bellamy to become involved in the club again and drive standards and establish a culture of professionalism and excellence. I'm not convinced he is right or ready for the manager job, although it might be a genius appointment if it was made. It would be a gamble.

He has made mistakes in the past, but my sense is that he has learned and matured and is constantly trying to improve his skills and his ability to manage and lead others. He seems pretty self aware when he has been interviewed in recent years, and recognises that managing and coaching is different when you are not surrounded by elite players and elite facilities. He is no mug.

Bellamy was appointed Cardiff Player Development Manager in summer 2016 after a period of volunteer coaching at the club. He was in charge of the u18s. He applied for the Wales manager job. He applied for the Oxford manager job before withdrawing (and I think he subsequently regretted that). He has been Anderlecht u21 manager since summer 2019. I imagine he would be very interested in the Cardiff City managers job if it ever became available.
It was available just over a year ago. However, I always got the impression that Harris stepped down at Millwall because Warnock had pegged him his job when he did the same. Does anyone know?

Having said that, if Harris was sacked and Bellamy replaced him I wouldn't be too upset. At least it would be interesting. And we'd find out what he's capable of.