+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flint is back

Flint is back

SWFC confirmed.

Re: Flint is back

This creates a big problem if Morrison out for any length of time if Flint himself not ready till February. Either way cant see Benkovic staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    This creates a big problem if Morrison out for any length of time if Flint himself not ready till February. Either way cant see Benkovic staying.
    I'd guess Benkovic will go back as soon as one of the two you've mentioned is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I can see Benkovic staying.

We don't know how long Mozzer will be out. Flint will not be in contention until late February. Nelson's form has been patchy.

Benkovic had a match to forget against Wycombe - although there were some promising elements to his play if you don't concentrate too hard on the defending bit! But I would expect him to get much better quickly if he is given a run of games. He did very well at Celtic and pretty well at Bristol City. He is ring rusty, but clearly has ability and athleticism - and a £13m price tag doesn't come out of fresh air.

The other central defensive options are not great - Sol is 36 and has hardly played since his injury. Cunningham could play in a back 3 if necessary but has also suffered from a lack of game time and would be out of position. Ciaron Brown plays either centre back or left back (I think) and has done a dozen matches for Livingston (who are going well in the SPL) but his loan runs to the end of January.

Options.

Bamba , Cunningham.

Hopefully we get a few out to get a few in.

Up to Harris where he thinks he needs players first.

Striker - desperate for back up for Moore.

Right back

Creative midfielder.

Or now centre back. Maybe Benkovic will stay and be a success.

That's an extra 20 grand on the wage bill then

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's an extra 20 grand on the wage bill then
    20 thousand reasons why Benkovic will be off sooner rather than later!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If you were Leicester, would you keep him here knowing he's not got a cat in hells chance of playing if the other two are fit?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

We don't know how long Mozzer will be out. Flint will not be in contention until late February. Nelson's form has been patchy.

Benkovic had a match to forget against Wycombe - although there were some promising elements to his play if you don't concentrate too hard on the defending bit! But I would expect him to get much better quickly if he is given a run of games. He did very well at Celtic and pretty well at Bristol City. He is ring rusty, but clearly has ability and athleticism - and a £13m price tag doesn't come out of fresh air.

The other central defensive options are not great - Sol is 36 and has hardly played since his injury. Cunningham could play in a back 3 if necessary but has also suffered from a lack of game time and would be out of position. Ciaron Brown plays either centre back or left back (I think) and has done a dozen matches for Livingston (who are going well in the SPL) but his loan runs to the end of January.
    Dodgy start to his CCFC career but showed signs of why he is rated elsewhere. I liked his ability to pick out players using long passes. The lad has potential.

yey

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Dodgy start to his CCFC career but showed signs of why he is rated elsewhere. I liked his ability to pick out players using long passes. The lad has potential.
    is this a Ben Turner review?

I think we should play Flint up front, while Moore is out....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I think we should play Flint up front, while Moore is out....
    Moore will be fit to play before Flint is, in fact if Moore is out for two years he’ll still be fit to play before Flint

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    SWFC confirmed.
    Should add some much needed pace to the back line.😀

Benkovic could fill in at DM

Both good players but Flint and Mozza worst pairing I’ve seen together for a very long time