+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Talk Talk (The Band) Anyone?

Talk Talk (The Band) Anyone?

Probs one of my fave bands and certainly the best I have seen live. Currently listening to the masterpiece that is "The Colour Of Spring', reminds me of my time in the RAF in Germany, it used to be blasting out everywhere.

Re: Talk Talk (The Band) Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Probs one of my fave bands and certainly the best I have seen live. Currently listening to the masterpiece that is "The Colour Of Spring', reminds me of my time in the RAF in Germany, it used to be blasting out everywhere.
    A great band that went on a journey. The Colour Of Spring is a fine album.

Where in Germany were you based, Herr P?

Gut, happy happy days. You ?

One of my favourite bands and massively under-rated. Mark Hollis was a genius and his passing was a very sad day. Got their first four albums.

I always think they were one band I should have got in to but didn't. Saw them live once and thought they were excellent.
    I should really spend some time listening to their work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I always think they were one band I should have got in to but didn't. Saw them live once and thought they were excellent.
    I should really spend some time listening to their work.
    I saw them at Rock Am Ring about 85. The band were lively and bouncing around the stage whilst Hollis sat on a step at the front of the stage with his hair over his eyes, not a show man but so talented.

I like Colour of Spring but prefer their next two albums, though they divide opinion, apparently, with the direction they took.

Gut, happy happy days. You ?
    I wasn't in the forces but lived very near Laarbruch.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I wasn't in the forces but lived very near Laarbruch.
    Another fine camp, did some time there on detachment. The camps on or around the Dutch border were called 'The Clutch Stations; Bruggen, Laarbruch and Wildenrath. Have fantasting memories of Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I like Colour of Spring but prefer their next two albums, though they divide opinion, apparently, with the direction they took.
    Yes Hollis took them down a very different route and away from their more commercial work before he quit. I’m actually on a Facebook TalkTalk site. They should have been far far more highly regarded.

I feel they were let down by their first couple of singles and album. I didn't realise they were any good until their second record came out.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I feel they were let down by their first couple of singles and album. I didn't realise they were any good until their second record came out.
    I loved that album. Today and Talk Talk were cracking singles.

I like all their stuff, from the earlier synth-pop through to creating something quite unique with the post-rock latter LPs.

‘It’s my life’, ‘such a shame’ and ‘life’s what you make it’ are tremendous pop songs and are amongst some of my favourites of any artist.

For whatever reason I only got round to listening to Hollis’ solo LP relatively recently in the past couple years. Shame he didn’t write, record or release more. Very talented chap.

his voice was a bit off tone for me

But great songwriter

Steve Winwood’s Hammond was a great addition on this album.