+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks? - Debate

All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks? - Debate

If not. Why not?
    Discuss and justify.
    Allowing football to continue in a lockdown is just absurd.

Re: All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    If not. Why not?
    Discuss and justify.
    I think its hard to justify playing football / rugby when kids doing exams cant get the education they need.

National morale and all that. Also, if they scrap the Leagues, it will cost a fortune in unfulfilled contracts.
    To be honest, bar the occasional problems, it seems to be working okay.
    I honestly thought that half the players would be off sick by now, but that's not been the case.

If not. Why not?
    Discuss and justify.
    If they're locked down and tested twice week, then I don't see why they shouldn't play.

You just come down on anyone that breaches the restrictions like a ton of bricks.

Theres pros and cons.

I think they could and maybe should suspend the season and restart sometime in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres pros and cons.

I think they could and maybe should suspend the season and restart sometime in March.
    There's no space to replay the games. If the whole country is locked down, it makes the footballers safer unless they themselves break the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If they're locked down and tested twice week, then I don't see why they shouldn't play.

You just come down on anyone that breaches the restrictions like a ton of bricks.
    I agree with this. If there's a regular testing regime in place then you carry on.

Those posting on their social media accounts that they are in parties etc should be shot out of a cannon.

If not. Why not?
    Discuss and justify.
    There's loads of people still working during lockdown though - construction, tv production, plumbers, carpenters, factory workers etc. It's not like the whole country is locked down and it's only key workers and footballers at work

If Nick is correct, at least our injured player (apart from Vassell) will have recovered fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There's loads of people still working during lockdown though - construction, tv production, plumbers, carpenters, factory workers etc. It's not like the whole country is locked down and it's only key workers and footballers at work
    Exactly, I only know of a handful who aren’t working most days

We need to be careful what we wish for, some folks lifes are very lonely during these tough, ,perhaps a sport that delivers comfort in a relevantly safe environment is fine .

The England Cricket Team have just landed in Sri Lanka. All tested negative on departure. Moeen Ali has now tested positive on arrival.

Im still looking forward to the series. But im not sure they should have gone. Hope they comtain it and noone else becomes ill.

It's so serious this Covid 19 that elite sport can continue.
    Total jucking foke
    Its either dangerous or it isnt.
    Grow up Boris.

Quite. They seem to have got it working quite well and as posted elsewhere, I think that the government is keen to keep football going as it means so much to so many people.

Footballers have families. Don't they deserve protection footballers catch the virus. Lots have
    Its spreading in supermarkets as that's the only place people mix. Close supermarkets now.
    Army to provide home deliveries. Let's take this nonsense seriously FFS.,

I agree with this. Plus a skeleton staff. There's no need for stadium announcers etc. And meaningful fines for players caught breaking the rules.

Footballers have families. Don't they deserve protection footballers catch the virus. Lots have
    Its spreading in supermarkets as that's the only place people mix. Close supermarkets now.
    Not really sure what your endgame is with this series of posts tbh, it's not really working whatever it is

Why do the players still kiss and hug when goals are scored? Doesn’t make sense!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not really sure what your endgame is with this series of posts tbh, it's not really working whatever it is
    I'm having fun. But why you are contributing is beyond me.

And, why are defenders allowed to scratch attackers’ private parts at corners. They can’t do this without being within 2 metres of one another!! This should be stamped out during the lockdown.

Professional sport in England can continue behind closed doors, despite a new national lockdown announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

People living in England have been told to stay at home and schools will shut for most pupils from Tuesday.

Exercising outside is allowed once a day, but venues such as gyms, tennis courts and golf courses will be closed.

On Monday, the UK recorded more than 50,000 new confirmed Covid cases for the seventh day in a row.

The rules regarding sport and leisure activities in England are similar to those announced in Scotland earlier on Monday.

Following Monday's announcement by the prime minister, this week's sporting fixtures in England are set to go ahead as planned.

In football, the Carabao Cup semi-finals are being played on Tuesday and Wednesday, while the FA Cup third round - which has 32 fixtures spanning four days - starts on Friday.

There are also several Women's Super League, English Football League and National League games set to take place, as well as English Premiership and Premier 15s rugby union matches, plus the Masters snooker event in Milton Keynes.

You can't close supermarkets. You can put restrictions on them, but you can't close them.

As for the army, there are over 27 million households in the UK. How's that going to work?

Re: All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks? - Debate

I have spent 500 quid on fishing permits and new gear for this year and fishing is a socially distanced pastime but the clubs I belong to say sorry , its banned so that's the way it is .

If they stop football , thats the way it is

Re: All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks? - Debate

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have spent 500 quid on fishing permits and new gear for this year and fishing is a socially distanced pastime but the clubs I belong to say sorry , its banned so that's the way it is .

If they stop football , thats the way it is
    So you're not an elite fisherman?

I'm having fun. But why you are contributing is beyond me.
    Well I'm glad you're having fun