+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks? - Debate

International

Re: All elite sport cancelled for 6 weeks? - Debate

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well people say they want to watch football on sky to help them keep mentally healthy . People also say they need to go down the gym , go swimming or go fishing to stay mentally healthy.

Premier league footballers are on huge wages , they will be paid whether they play or not and I am sure their agents have clauses which ensure their families are having food on the table .

If anything I am bothered about players from Rochdale or Gillingham , not the ones at the top on big money that everyone seems so keen to watch on sky .

Essential workers like hospital porters , nurses , care workers , police officers , doctors , supermarket workers etc are who concern me , if we are told football needs a break due to this more savage wave of the virus then I would hope anyone with a brain would understand .

So if someone earns a lot of money (Is richer than you) you don't give a shite if they live or die? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So if someone earns a lot of money (Is richer than you) you don't give a shite if they live or die? Is that right?
    No , its clearly not right

What an absurd remark

You are one of the ones a few weeks ago that was moaning that drafeford and his mob were useless and that the threat of a new lockdown was wrong .

You seem to have gone very quiet about all that now 🤔

But to respond to your daft reply I will repeat my point . If the scientists and medical people say that football is to be suspended then that's a pain but that's the way it is. As I type Wrexham football club have confirmed that there are a number of cases of covid and they have postponed the next few games .

I think that is the right decision to protect the NHS and protect the lives of these footballers .

So do you think if Cardiff City had an outbreak of covid and the players , who earn considerably more than me should be protected 🤔 or do you think that the fans are more important ?

International

No , its clearly not right

What an absurd remark

You are one of the ones a few weeks ago that was moaning that drafeford and his mob were useless and that the threat of a new lockdown was wrong .

You seem to have gone very quiet about all that now ��

But to respond to your daft reply I will repeat my point . If the scientists and medical people say that football is to be suspended then that's a pain but that's the way it is. As I type Wrexham football club have confirmed that there are a number of cases of covid and they have postponed the next few games .

I think that is the right decision to protect the NHS and protect the lives of these footballers .

So do you think if Cardiff City had an outbreak of covid and the players , who earn considerably more than me should be protected �� or do you think that the fans are more important ?
    well that is the way it read.

" If anything I am bothered about players from Rochdale or Gillingham , not the ones at the top on big money that everyone seems so keen to watch on sky ." Your words sludge. If it didn't mean that, what did it mean?

Actually if you look I have never said the welsh government was bad, or worse than Westminster or better. They are all pretty naff but it is an entirely new situation for any politician.What I did say was that I don't like Drakeford. And I still don't. If he was the UK PM or the archbishop of Canterbury or whatever I still wouldn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    well that is the way it read.

" If anything I am bothered about players from Rochdale or Gillingham , not the ones at the top on big money that everyone seems so keen to watch on sky ." Your words sludge. If it didn't mean that, what did it mean?

Actually if you look I have nver said the welsh government was bad, or worse than Westminster or better. They are all pretty naff but it is an entirely new situation for any politician.What I did say was that I don't like Drakeford. And i still don't If he was the UK PM or the archbishop of Canterbury or whatever I still wouldn't like him.
    It means that the footballers from Premier league clubs have access to far better health facilities due to their wealth than some fella from Rochdale or , as we speak , Wrexham

It certainly doesn't mean that I don't care about the lives of people more fortunate than me which was the conclusion you made , which was ridiculous .

You have had the knives out for drakeford since day one .

Good god Sludge how the hell do you manage to get out of bed in the morning? The end is nigh I tell thee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Good god Sludge how the hell do you manage to get out of bed in the morning? The end is nigh I tell thee!!!
    It nearly was for my mother , thank feck that the NHS in Bridgend have pulled her through

And we are pouncing about worried about football ?

Rachel Clarke , a doctor , is on BBC question time now saying the NHS is on its knees and police cars are doubling up as ambulances . A bloke has just spoken about the death of his 58 year old mum . That was last April . This shitstorm is far worse .

It nearly was for my mother , thank feck that the NHS in Bridgend have pulled her through

Rachel Clarke , a doctor , is on BBC question time now saying the NHS is on its knees and police cars are doubling up as ambulances . A bloke has just spoken about the death of his 58 year old mum . That was last April . This shitstorm is far worse .
    Your mother was ill before covid let’s not use your mother as a covid stick to beat people with please.

58 is sad but not uncommon for someone to lose their life at that age. At least they’ve had a decent innings. There’s teenagers and young adults commiting suicide as a result of these lockdowns.

Some middle ground needs to be found. You can’t take people’s liberty’s away indefinitely.

No one's "worried" about football Sludge, we'd just rather it doesn't get stopped and we don't think it needs to just yet

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Your mother was ill before covid let’s not use your mother as a covid stick to beat people with please.

58 is sad but not uncommon for someone to lose their life at that age. At least they’ve had a decent innings. There’s teenagers and young adults commiting suicide as a result of these lockdowns.

Some middle ground needs to be found. You can’t take people’s liberty’s away indefinitely.
    If someone dies from covid I hope we live in a society where their death whether 58 or 78 is seen as a nightmare for their family . As for mental health I hope that finally the message gets through that the under funding of that area of health is finally addressed.

But I doubt it .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No one's "worried" about football Sludge, we'd just rather it doesn't get stopped and we don't think it needs to just yet
    Lots of people are worried about football being stopped , on numerous threads on here . I hope it isn't but this virus is out of control and it may very well happen .

Lots of people are worried about football being stopped , on numerous threads on here . I hope it isn't but this virus is out of control and it may very well happen .
    The virus is out of control - they always are.

I disagree, I think people (myself included) are hoping that football isn't cancelled because it brings us a bit of relief, whilst fully aware that in the grand scheme of things in this world we live in it's way down the list of important issues

International

It means that the footballers from Premier league clubs have access to far better health facilities due to their wealth than some fella from Rochdale or , as we speak , Wrexham

It certainly doesn't mean that I don't care about the lives of people more fortunate than me which was the conclusion you made , which was ridiculous .

You have had the knives out for drakeford since day one .
    Before day one sludge, as I have freely admitted on many occasions. I just don't like the man and I beleive he makes decisons (Which may be correct) for the wrong reasons. I wouldn't trust him any more than any of the rest of them, probably less so.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I disagree, I think people (myself included) are hoping that football isn't cancelled because it brings us a bit of relief, whilst fully aware that in the grand scheme of things in this world we live in it's way down the list of important issues
    Football is the most important of the least important things as Arrigo Sacchi famously said.

Aston Villas training ground closed due to significant outbreak.