+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Vaccine rollout in wales

Re: Vaccine rollout in wales

My 80 year old brother in Cheshire had his first jab before Christmas and his second yesterday (he has no underlying health problems). His friends of the same age have all had theirs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I think its fair to say I am left wing but if the Labour Party had a vote of no confidence in the front bench of the current Welsh government and got rid of drakeford I would be a lot happier

Hes not good enough and no leader

I would have that Rebecca Evans , the current finance minister , bright woman
    Eluned Morgan is being lined up to take over. If elected in May, Drakeford will stand down midway next term.
    Not sure what you have against Drakeford tbh, Sludge. Had a reasonable pandemic so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Eluned Morgan is being lined up to take over. If elected in May, Drakeford will stand down midway next term.
    Not sure what you have against Drakeford tbh, Sludge. Had a reasonable pandemic so far.
    Hes flat , no charisma

I would prefer Evans to eluned Morgan

My partner's mother is 93 and lives in Coventry, the city where the first televised Pfizzer jab was given.

She has not had her first jab. She has not had an appointment. She did get a letter this morning to advertise the Birmingham mega vaccine centre - if she can get herself along there. She can't.

My mam is 89 and lives in Worcestershire with my brother. She had her first jab last week (total chaos in the Evesham surgery - long queues down the road in bad weather because there should have been 12 nurses administering jabs but there were only 4 because Covid exposure has taken the other 8 out to self isolate - and no social distancing at all once in the building).

There will be plenty of examples of good and bad vaccination experiences from England and Wales. None will tell the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hes flat , no charisma

I would prefer Evans to eluned Morgan
    'He's flat'
    That a typo Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    My partner's mother is 93 and lives in Coventry, the city where the first televised Pfizzer jab was given.

She has not had her first jab. She has not had an appointment. She did get a letter this morning to advertise the Birmingham mega vaccine centre - if she can get herself along there. She can't.

My mam is 89 and lives in Worcestershire with my brother. She had her first jab last week (total chaos in the Evesham surgery - long queues down the road in bad weather because there should have been 12 nurses administering jabs but there were only 4 because Covid exposure has taken the other 8 out to self isolate - and no social distancing at all once in the building).

There will be plenty of examples of good and bad vaccination experiences from England and Wales. None will tell the whole story.
    I think that's a very fair summary. There will be ups and downs. Until we get to 15thFeb when both England and Wales have promised vulnerable groups will be vaccinated or had offers you can't really make a judgement.

By means of comparison our rate today of 2.2 puts us easily in the top countries worldwide. Yes we may be behind other UK nations, but other countries are probably looking at our roll out with envy.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    By means of comparison our rate today of 2.2 puts us easily in the top countries worldwide. Yes we may be behind other UK nations, but other countries are probably looking at our roll out with envy.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
    I wonder why the UK figures are so out of date?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wonder why the UK figures are so out of date?
    Because they were being published weekly until today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Because they were being published weekly until today?
    Most up to date data I can get is on 'coronavirus.data.uk.gov

Daily cases for UK shown, but on left is a selection option. Click 'healthcare' and you are into much more information for UK and an option for each country. Graphs are featured but you can also select 'data' which gets into the numbers

Well worth a look.

Cardiff and the Vale University Health Board have released the first update on their vaccination statistics.

https://twitter.com/CV_UHB/status/13...272847365?s=20

I see some people are questioning doing the oldies first now. As most are in shielding anyway. Does anyone know the stats of people going into hospital currently and suffering with Covid? They seem to be younger than the first wave, 50’s and 60’s etc...is it this age group clogging up the hospitals? Should they be done first if so?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Matt Hancock said today that England are currently doing 210,000 vaccinations a day and that number is expected to increase significantly as the English NHS head towards 13.5 million by mid February

The target for Wales is everybody over 50 by the Spring

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I see some people are questioning doing the oldies first now. As most are in shielding anyway. Does anyone know the stats of people going into hospital currently and suffering with Covid? They seem to be younger than the first wave, 50’s and 60’s etc...is it this age group clogging up the hospitals? Should they be done first if so?
    I know of many people who are too terrified to leave home, have been so for months and put themselves under self imposed house arrest. Maybe, whatever their age, they should be given priority?

I know you should believe all you see on THE WWW, but it seems that over half the population may already have the antibodies. Personally, I've had the virus, as has my wife, both my kids, their spouses and seven grandchildren all at different times. My sons family have had to isolate three times since early December, as members have developed symptoms, and were tested, at different times. Possibly herd immunity has beaten the vaccine.

I'm willing to give my shot up, but if it means we can start going to the pubs and the stadiums again, I'll roll my sleeve up now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I know of many people who are too terrified to leave home, have been so for months and put themselves under self imposed house arrest. Maybe, whatever their age, they should be given priority?

I know you should believe all you see on THE WWW, but it seems that over half the population may already have the antibodies. Personally, I've had the virus, as has my wife, both my kids, their spouses and seven grandchildren all at different times. My sons family have had to isolate three times since early December, as members have developed symptoms, and were tested, at different times. Possibly herd immunity has beaten the vaccine.

I'm willing to give my shot up, but if it means we can start going to the pubs and the stadiums again, I'll roll my sleeve up now.
    Yeah I do too, my mother and parents in law have barely left the house since March, my mother not once. Just talking to a nurse yesterday and it appears those ending up in hospital are younger now. I know the oldies need it more but what age group need it right now to unburden the nhs?