+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine rollout in wales

Vaccine rollout in wales

In Mcr my mid 80s in laws have both had a first jab. My mid 80s parents in Cardiff, both with health issues haven’t heard a thing.

Is that normal so far in Cardiff/ Wales. ?

Re: Vaccine rollout in wales

Vaccinations lagging way behind

My father in law is 95 and living in Cardiff and heard nothing. Politicians everywhere are feckin’ useless.

Well we are facing unprecedented times

The local gp is contacting eligible groups

Could it be better and faster ? Of course , but the sheer size of this operation is massive

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    In Mcr my mid 80s in laws have both had a first jab. My mid 80s parents in Cardiff, both with health issues haven’t heard a thing.

In Wales we lag behind everything 😴 and we love and accept it .

In Israel 14 million done, folk go to parked lorries multiple venues , cut red tape to get it done, whilst we put folk through diversity training first .

My brother lives in Cheshire and is 80 with no underlying health issues. He had his first jab before Christmas and is scheduled to have the second next week. His friends in the same age group have also been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post

Yes my mum 88 and diabetic, not a dickie bird. Great job

My father in law is 96, no contact at all yet !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well we are facing unprecedented times

The local gp is contacting eligible groups

Could it be better and faster ? Of course , but the sheer size of this operation is massive
    Yeah they’ve only had 6 months to prepare for it.....useless twats probably hoping a few more will die anyway to get the pension bill down and be less of a burden on the beloved nhs they’ve run into the ground for the last 10 years.....

I’m not too confident in the ability to systematically contact every person in sequence, I’m sure a good few will simply be accidentally missed out

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah they’ve only had 6 months to prepare for it.....useless twats probably hoping a few more will die anyway to get the pension bill down and be less of a burden on the beloved nhs they’ve run into the ground for the last 10 years.....
    Can we get away from the idea that it's the NHS? Drop the N. As far as London government is concerned it's the England Health Service. Wales, Scotland and the northern part of Ireland which is becoming more a part of Eire, feed off the scraps at the table. Boris has taken back control on behalf of England. Yesterday's figure was 1.1 million vaccinations in England (a friend's mum is about to have her second) and 0.2 million spread across the rest of the UK.....the bit where the votes dont matter so much, putting it bluntly.

I went for a blood test this morning, thousands must go for one every day, why can’t they give the COVID jab then while we’re in the building, saves a bit of messing about. I’ve got a bit of a funny story about my surgery visit this morning as well. I’ve been having a bit a trouble with my shoulder lately and have had a couple of phone appointments with my GP, her telling me to get back in touch if it persists. It has persisted so seeing as I was at the surgery today I thought I’d make another appointment. The receptionist tells me that they can only accept telephone requests. So she tells me to phone her, I’m then sat about five yards away from her, sat down phoning her. No answer, I’m called in for my blood test and put my phone on speaker, not wanting to lose my place in the queue. I tell the nurse the reason why my phone is on speaker to her amusement.
    Anyway, blood test over I go back into the waiting room, phone tone still on speaker. The receptionist asks me if I’m phoning the correct number as their phone isn’t ringing. I show her my phone, it’s the correct number with the word ‘Doctor’ on my screen. I assure her that I’m not cheating on them with another surgery. She then gives me another number to ring, still not coming through to them, cue panic behind the counter, “The phones aren’t working, the phones aren’t working”. I wonder how many patients were ringing in to no avail until my episode? Anyway, she gave me my appointment over the counter then...the old face to face ways are sometimes the best

For anyone in Cardiff or the Vale wondering how the mass vaccination programme will proceed locally there is some information on this newsletter (pages 2-3) from the Chief Executive of the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board

https://cavuhb.nhs.wales/files/ceo-c...-january-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My father in law is 96, no contact at all yet !!!!!
    To be fair to him, i wouldn't want to speak to you either

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Can we get away from the idea that it's the NHS? Drop the N. As far as London government is concerned it's the England Health Service. Wales, Scotland and the northern part of Ireland which is becoming more a part of Eire, feed off the scraps at the table. Boris has taken back control on behalf of England. Yesterday's figure was 1.1 million vaccinations in England (a friend's mum is about to have her second) and 0.2 million spread across the rest of the UK.....the bit where the votes dont matter so much, putting it bluntly.
    You do talk some bollox sometimes. Wales has had the correct amount of vaccine as per the population. It is the Welsh givernment saying that. So are you saying it's their fault?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Wales has vaccines we need to jab folk with a big needle all down to Welsh Goverment ability, bugger all to do with England .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In Wales we lag behind everything �� and we love and accept it .

In Israel 14 million done, folk go to parked lorries multiple venues , cut red tape to get it done, whilst we put folk through diversity training first .
    Nowadays Wales is a backwater with a backwater mentality. Since the Pontcanna Taffia took over 20yrs ago we've become increasingly parochial and small-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Very True.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Very True.
    Very, very true

I think you will find the general publics disdain goes right across the country

On tonight's question time , an intensive care doctor sitting next to the English vaccine deployment minister tore shreds into Boris and his motley crew

Friends of hers were going into high risk places and still hadn't been given the jab

Its a disgrace but blaming drakeford without looking at how shit it is in England is a sly punch

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Nowadays Wales is a backwater with a backwater mentality. Since the Pontcanna Taffia took over 20yrs ago we've become increasingly parochial and small-minded.
    what do you think is happening in England?

Watch a senior intensive care serve a government minister his arse on a plate over the crap roll out the other side of the bridge

Its on I player

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In Wales we lag behind everything �� and we love and accept it .

I heard that we've trained Amazon drivers to give the jab with their deliveries. Wales will be done by Sunday, Prime customers by Friday

I wish....

International

But none of this explains why the roll out in Wales is slower than in the rest of the UK. There has to be a reason for that shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But none of this explains why the roll out in Wales is slower than in the rest of the UK. There has to be a reason for that shirley?
    I get the impression that there was no attempt from the Welsh government to roll out the Pfizer vaccine to the over 80s. They were sitting tight over Christmas hoping and praying that the Oxford vaccine would be cleared in quick time, but they still have show a speeding up of its implementation.