+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine rollout in wales

Re: Vaccine rollout in wales

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The lady in charge of the vaccine programme in Wales was interviewed on Radio 5 on Friday morning and I switched the radio off when she replied that "it was not a competition" when, legitimately, asked why Wales is lagging behind the other home nations when it comes to getting people vaccinated. Therefore, it would seem that there is something of a standard response to these questions among the people in power in Wales - if it really takes until May for the first three groups to get vaccinated in Wales, then that will, surely, result in them being voted out just as the fourth group start getting their jabs weeks after the rest of the country.

What an insensitive and politically damaging thing to say!
    I did have some sympathy for drakeford as it’s one hell of a job, but if they can’t sort this out efficiently whilst taking away all our freedoms then what do they expect people to think? Talk about dangerling a carrot of hope to people......he’s going to lose the respect of most and that’s dangerous.

I think the poor performance of Wales so far has something to do with the fact that up to now only the Pfizer jab has been available and there simply are insufficient refrigeration facilities in Wales to hold this vaccine in the required quantities. However, with the Oxford vaccine coming on stream, the shortage of refrigeration should not be an issue.

One possible drawback in Wales is that they do not appear to be using the army to work with the NHS to plan the logistics. I could be wrong there but the Brigadier in charge of logistics at a recent Press Conference deliberately made the point that he was working only with authorities in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If it takes until May for the WG to vaccinate the first group and England does it by mid February then Drakeford and Gethin shouldnt even stand in the elections. They would have to resign.

Ive never voted in the assembly elections but would have to make a point and try to vote them out if they stood .

The same applies in England. I think Johnson and Hancock should be out anyway with their complete mismanagement. But this one fail again on the February target they should do the same. Resign.

Hopefully both do this by mid Feb.
    There’s more chance of City winning the Championship under Harris than that lot getting things right.

What a politically damaging thing to say!
    She's not a politician tbf to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    She's not a politician tbf to her.
    I was referring to Drakeford’s “this is not a sprint” remark, but “this is not a competition” is not too different and suggests a pre agreed response to a certain line of questioning It just strikes me as flippant and very ill advised.

Drakeford is a fool for saying "this is not a sprint".

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I think the poor performance of Wales so far has something to do with the fact that up to now only the Pfizer jab has been available and there simply are insufficient refrigeration facilities in Wales to hold this vaccine in the required quantities. However, with the Oxford vaccine coming on stream, the shortage of refrigeration should not be an issue.

One possible drawback in Wales is that they do not appear to be using the army to work with the NHS to plan the logistics. I could be wrong there but the Brigadier in charge of logistics at a recent Press Conference deliberately made the point that he was working only with authorities in England.
    The Pfizer jab is a bit quirky regarding distribution but should not be a problem. In Wales -70c storage means the vaccine is held in two sites, I know not where. From there the vaccine can be moved around for up to 5 days at fridge temperature. It comes as a frozen powder a vial containing five doses. Once the powder has thawed it needs to diluted. So far nothing too difficult. Once diluted the 5 dose vial must be used within 6 hours. With dilution it must not be vigourously agitated, but must gently rotated to get the powder dissolved. Once in liquid form it cannot be transported by a motor vehicle ( because the transport might cause agitation)....so in effect it should be diluted at the place it is going to be used, like say a nursing/ care home.
    In practice a team should be able to move into a nursing home/ village hall etc. and get going. With a bit of forward planning it should not be a problem.

I was referring to Drakeford’s “this is not a sprint” remark, but “this is not a competition” is not too different and suggests a pre agreed response to a certain line of questioning It just strikes me as flippant and very ill advised.
    And it's not just the lives at risk. The sooner the majority get vaccinated the sooner shops, pubs, football stadiums, etc open again and life gets back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The Pfizer jab is a bit quirky regarding distribution but should not be a problem. In Wales -70c storage is in two sites, I know not where. From there the vaccine can be moved around for up to 5 days at fridge temperature. It comes as a frozen powder a vial containing five doses. Once the powder has thawed it needs to diluted. So far nothing too difficult. Once diluted the 5 dose vial must be used within 6 hours. With dilution it must not be vigourously agitated, but must gently rotated to get the powder dissolved. Once in liquid form it cannot be transported by a motor vehicle ( because the transport might cause agitation)....so in effect it should be diluted at the place it is going to be used, like say a nursing/ care home.
    In practice a team should be able to move into a nursing home/ village hall etc. and get going. With a bit of forward planning it should not be a problem.
    Christ your talking of Drakeford & Co., do you expect miracles? We could all be dead by May and he’d still be saying it’s not a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Christ your talking of Drakeford & Co., do you expect miracles? We could all be dead by May and he’d still be saying it’s not a sprint.
    BBC News Wales website....Wales has given just 50,000 doses since 8 December out of the 270,000 doses it has received. At last some honesty from them. Shame on Drakeford and Gething for trying to hide this from us for so long

The Pfizer jab is a bit quirky regarding distribution but should not be a problem. In Wales -70c storage means the vaccine is held in two sites, I know not where. From there the vaccine can be moved around for up to 5 days at fridge temperature. It comes as a frozen powder a vial containing five doses. Once the powder has thawed it needs to diluted. So far nothing too difficult. Once diluted the 5 dose vial must be used within 6 hours. With dilution it must not be vigourously agitated, but must gently rotated to get the powder dissolved. Once in liquid form it cannot be transported by a motor vehicle ( because the transport might cause agitation)....so in effect it should be diluted at the place it is going to be used, like say a nursing/ care home.
    Thanks for that. Bang goes my theory. That's the last time I shall look for reasons to defend Drakeford and Co.

BBC News Wales website....Wales has given just 50,000 doses since 8 December out of the 270,000 doses it has received. At last some honesty from them. Shame on Drakeford and Gething for trying to hide this from us for so long
    Incredible if true and time to step aside.....

Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board (Bridgend, RCT, Merthyr) have published their vaccination statistics to 7th January and the planned delivery of vaccine for next week https://cwmtafmorgannwg.wales/wp-con...e-08-01-21.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Incredible if true and time to step aside.....
    50k up to 3 January
    Be interesting to see what the total is now that theyve been giving the Oxford vaccine this week. My other half had hers on Thursday at Cwmbran stadium and said it was really busy.

Up to 70,000 now and Vaughan Gething promising a "really significant step up" from now on;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55605111

Up to 70,000 now and Vaughan Gething promising a "really significant step up" from now on;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55605111
    So now on par or marginally ahead of Englands roll out?

They have no excuse for this , they knew they were having the vaccine delivered and should have been planning for that weeks ago
    This lot couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, because they know they're going to keep their jobs anyway they have a complete contempt for the general public
    I don't want to hear Drakeford or chippy answering that they won't get into that when asked a difficult question
    We need answers as a right not because they don't fancy handling a straight question.
    On the hole the Welsh Journos have given them a free ride and almost act in a sycophantic manner to the them, it was only the guy from WOL, who actually started pressing for answers last week

If it wasn't for us being compared to the other home nations, there wouldn't be so many complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    So now on par or marginally ahead of Englands roll out?
    Slightly below England but near enough.

I think a lot of you have fallen for the machismo of Johnson and his acolytes. Promising a million of this and a million of that.
    Just to remind you, so far the UK Government has just about fecked everything they have done during the coronavirus crisis and dont get me started on brexit.
    I will be the first to call out Drakeford if he fecks up the vaccination roll out, but just because he is not making grand promises does not mean he is behind the curve. I will see what happens over next week or so before I jump on the Anti Welsh Government bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think a lot of you have fallen for the machismo of Johnson and his acolytes. Promising a million of this and a million of that.
    Just to remind you, so far the UK Government has just about fecked everything they have done during the coronavirus crisis and dont get me started on brexit.
    I will be the first to call out Drakeford if he fecks up the vaccination roll out, but just because he is not making grand promises does not mean he is behind the curve. I will see what happens over next week or so before I jump on the Anti Welsh Government bandwagon.
    A close family member, a consultant at UHW, and a so called front line worker, is getting her first jab in a couple of weeks time!! And Wales is siting on 200,000 doses. Get real.

A close family member, a consultant at UHW, and a so called front line worker, is getting her first jab in a couple of weeks time!! And Wales is siting on 200,000 doses. Get real.
    My brother in law had his last week,and he is only a porter.get real

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    My brother in law had his last week,and he is only a porter.get real
    Well she's still waiting. Glad your in law had his....it seems there's plenty to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I dont think people are falling for Johnson.

Him and his front bench are a complete disaster. In the worst period probably since WW2 we have the most useless government in memory. A bunch inept and completely out of their depth.

However the roll out in Wales is on the likes of Drakeford , Gething and co.

Hopefully they are up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Slightly below England but near enough.
    Well thats crap , as England's is crap , but not as bad as the local branch of the Conservative party would have us believe 😉