+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine rollout in wales

Re: Vaccine rollout in wales

Worth remembering aswell that Boris has not promised to vaccinate 15 million people (the over 70's) by mid-February - he has promised to invite them to be vaccinated by this date.
    All he has promised to do is send out 15 million letters.

Remember last May and the Tory's promise to test 100k people a day - they got there by sending out thousands of tests in the post a couple of days before.

Spin spin and more spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Slightly below England but near enough.
    I thought England were at 2% and we were at 2.2% but may have heard incorrectly.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well we are facing unprecedented times

The local gp is contacting eligible groups

Could it be better and faster ? Of course , but the sheer size of this operation is massive
    Wales is way behind. My Mum is having her’s on Friday but most elderly people haven’t heard anything yet.

By contrast, where I live, everyone’s parents that I know have already had theirs and are booked in for the second shot.

Wales looks to have truly messed this up in comparison to England.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Wales is way behind. My Mum is having her’s on Friday but most elderly people haven’t heard anything yet.

By contrast, where I live, everyone’s parents that I know have already had theirs and are booked in for the second shot.

Wales looks to have truly messed this up in comparison to England.
    Well let's wait for the stats , I mean matt Hancock?

Fecking Tony Hancock

100 billion for the NHS on the side of the tory battle bus at brexit time

Now if we are talking lies and fibs ......

It was 300 billion Sludge....fecking lying Tories

BBC News - NHS Covid-19 jab letters 'confusing over 80s'
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55605149

What a tosser drakeford is , can't believe this latest news

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think you are nit picking here

I think a lot of you have fallen for the machismo of Johnson and his acolytes. Promising a million of this and a million of that.
    Just to remind you, so far the UK Government has just about fecked everything they have done during the coronavirus crisis and dont get me started on brexit.
    I will be the first to call out Drakeford if he fecks up the vaccination roll out, but just because he is not making grand promises does not mean he is behind the curve. I will see what happens over next week or so before I jump on the Anti Welsh Government bandwagon.
    If Johnson and his mob live up to to their promises about getting the first four groups vaccinated by mid February, then they'll deserve credit for that, but, for me. it would be like scoring a goal when you're 5-0 down - the damage has been done as far as they're concerned so it's definitely not a case of falling for "machismo" for me.

However. just because I'm more aligned to Labour politically, that doesn't mean that the WAG are immune from criticism. The amount they were behind in the vaccination process wasn't huge, but it's early in the process and if it continued at the rate seen so far, the gap between Wales and the other three nations would become a very significant one quite quickly. Hopefully, there's been a degree of catching up going on in recent days, but that doesn't make Drakeford's "this is not a sprint" remark any less crass and misjudged.

BBC News - NHS Covid-19 jab letters 'confusing over 80s'
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55605149

What a tosser drakeford is , can't believe this latest news
    If theres a huge amount of these included in Johnsons 13m plus by mid February then hes taking the entire UK for complete mugs.

People need vaccination not letters. Lets hope if they cant get to a centre they are vaccinated locally very quickly. Fail and please Johnson quit.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    A close family member, a consultant at UHW, and a so called front line worker, is getting her first jab in a couple of weeks time!! And Wales is siting on 200,000 doses. Get real.
    My cousin is an NHS worker at UHW and got hers yesterday, not front line either so seems strange there is such a wait.

International

350 million, and just for clarity, it wasn't a Tory Brexit bus it was just a Brexit bus. But you know both those things don't you?

My father in law is 96, not heard a dicky bird yet

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    350 million, and just for clarity, it wasn't a Tory Brexit bus it was just a Brexit bus. But you know both those things don't you?
    Same thing

The medications regulatory authority put half of the vaccines on hold , they couldn't have been used even if the capacity to deliver them had been there .

Drakeford is useless but up the M4 the mad march hare is in charge

If any of you feckers think he's doing a good job or believe anything that comes out of his gob you are as stupid as he is . He's taking the piss and is even more useless than drakeford

If Labour get voted out in May you will soon see what shite is !

Good luck 👍

£350m week does not equal 300bn does it?. My poor maths tell me the figure should be 182bn.

The medications regulatory authority put half of the vaccines on hold , they couldn't have been used even if the capacity to deliver them had been there .

Drakeford is useless but up the M4 the mad march hare is in charge

If any of you feckers think he's doing a good job or believe anything that comes out of his gob you are as stupid as he is . He's taking the piss and is even more useless than drakeford

If Labour get voted out in May you will soon see what shite is !

Good luck 👍
    A Plaid-Lab coalition is more likely than a Tory government if Labour fail to get a majority

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Johnson and his mob live up to to their promises about getting the first four groups vaccinated by mid February, then they'll deserve credit for that, but, for me. it would be like scoring a goal when you're 5-0 down - the damage has been done as far as they're concerned so it's definitely not a case of falling for "machismo" for me.

However. just because I'm more aligned to Labour politically, that doesn't mean that the WAG are immune from criticism. The amount they were behind in the vaccination process wasn't huge, but it's early in the process and if it continued at the rate seen so far, the gap between Wales and the other three nations would become a very significant one quite quickly. Hopefully, there's been a degree of catching up going on in recent days, but that doesn't make Drakeford's "this is not a sprint" remark any less crass and misjudged.
    Of course the Tories have made mistakes - massive ones on test and trace and PPE in particular. Other mistakes include confusing messaging, being slow to react and the lockdown arrangements which have been far too lax. The mortality and case figures are worrying and the UK record is statistically poor. Compliance with the rules has also been a major factor; apparently far too many people are putting their civil rights above all else.

However the government has done well in backing and securing the different vaccines ahead of many other countries. Why they set the February target to offer vaccines to the first 4 groups was plain daft given they are so reliant on the manufacturers delivering the vaccine as well as the government's history of over promising and under delivering.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...thing-19600091

So the same sort of 'promise' as England.

The interesting thing will be how many actually vaccinated. Over 50s by 20th March sounds great. Unless the offer of an appointment is for next winter.

86k vaccinations given in Wales now according to the new daily figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...thing-19600091

So the same sort of 'promise' as England.

The interesting thing will be how many actually vaccinated. Over 50s by 20th March sounds great. Unless the offer of an appointment is for next winter.
    I don't see anything wrong with the promise of offering vaccines for the over 70s by mid February and the over 50s by 20 March as the government has no control over those who refuse the vaccine. Obviously the public will not be fooled by offers of appointments weeks ahead of the target date. In order to meet any target relies, not only the arrangements governments have made, but on the manufacturers ability to manufacture, package and delivery their products on time.

I guess they have trouble getting the vaccines to hospitals.
    My 82 year old mum has been in Hospital since Boxing day, first the heath now Llandough and no sign of the vaccine for her.

I can see why Mr Drakeford said it wasn't a sprint.

I have lost faith in our Governments during this pandemic. Totally inept all of them .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I guess they have trouble getting the vaccines to hospitals.
    My 82 year old mum has been in Hospital since Boxing day, first the heath now Llandough and no sign of the vaccine for her.

I can see why Mr Drakeford said it wasn't a sprint.

I have lost faith in our Governments during this pandemic. Totally inept all of them .
    Well I think its fair to say I am left wing but if the Labour Party had a vote of no confidence in the front bench of the current Welsh government and got rid of drakeford I would be a lot happier

Hes not good enough and no leader

I would have that Rebecca Evans , the current finance minister , bright woman