+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine rollout in wales

Re: Vaccine rollout in wales

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I get the impression that there was no attempt from the Welsh government to roll out the Pfizer vaccine to the over 80s. They were sitting tight over Christmas hoping and praying that the Oxford vaccine would be cleared in quick time, but they still have show a speeding up of its implementation.
    You think whilst doing nothing with the Pfizer one, they’d be ready for the far easier Oxford one.....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But none of this explains why the roll out in Wales is slower than in the rest of the UK. There has to be a reason for that shirley?
    Gethin said Wales will be at the same speed as the rest of the UK. But not given targets.

Johnson and the vaccine minister have said 13.9m by mid Feb. The vaccine minister also said all the 9 groups by Spring.

Lets see where we are mid Feb. If Johnson doesnt hit his target its been too much rubbish all the way through. I think that should be it. He will have to go. Ok if hes very close fair enough.

Whatever the rest of the Uk manage Gethin and Drakeford have to live up to what they have said which is they will be up to the same levels as the rest of the UK whatever that is. Again very close is fair enough.

Both have to deliver. Lets hope this time its not bullsh!t and these amounts of vaccines are rolled out.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    In Mcr my mid 80s in laws have both had a first jab. My mid 80s parents in Cardiff, both with health issues haven’t heard a thing.

Is that normal so far in Cardiff/ Wales. ?
    My mother-in-law had her invite today. She's 160, RCT.

They are doing the Pfizer this week to all thse residents in the CH my mother in law is in. 2 of my mates have had it. RCT.

According to the Prime Minister 23% (650,000) of the over-80s in England have received 1 dose of vaccine. So what is the percentage in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In Wales we lag behind everything 😴 and we love and accept it .

In Israel 14 million done, folk go to parked lorries multiple venues , cut red tape to get it done, whilst we put folk through diversity training first .

Think you've got your facts a bit muddled up there mate. The population of Israel is only 9 million and they've vaccinated about 1.5 million so far.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Gethin said Wales will be at the same speed as the rest of the UK. But not given targets.

Johnson and the vaccine minister have said 13.9m by mid Feb. The vaccine minister also said all the 9 groups by Spring.

Lets see where we are mid Feb. If Johnson doesnt hit his target its been too much rubbish all the way through. I think that should be it. He will have to go. Ok if hes very close fair enough.

Whatever the rest of the Uk manage Gethin and Drakeford have to live up to what they have said which is they will be up to the same levels as the rest of the UK whatever that is. Again very close is fair enough.

Both have to deliver. Lets hope this time its not bullsh!t and these amounts of vaccines are rolled out.
    But they are short of the rest of UK now, and no reasonable reason given.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Think you've got your facts a bit muddled up there mate. The population of Israel is only 9 million and they've vaccinated about 1.5 million so far.
    He was close

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Must have missed the point between the 1 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Must have missed the point between the 1 and 5
    Was thinking the same lol

The area of Wales we live in is more akin to the west Midlands, the west Yorkshire metropolitan area , Greater Manchester etc

In other words most of the country's population live in a line north and south of the M4 , starting at Newport, ending in Swansea with cardiff and the valleys in between with some semi rural areas

Just like the areas I have mentioned

Its no surprise that the spread of the virus is at its highest in the areas of greatest population densities , towns and cities along the M4 or in the North, the population centre of Wrexham

We need to compare like with like ......what has been the distribution of the vaccine to urban South Wales and what is the uptake and what has been the distribution and uptake in say west Yorkshire 🤔

If we have a level playing field only then are we to make sensible comparisons

This is a global pandemic and its clear that all of the UK hasn't dealt with it well , people have broken rules and when given an ease of restrictions have acted like its party time . A few weeks ago people were saying drakefords lockdown was a waste of time ....it wasn't, it stalled the initial virus .....but then the new bugger came along and its still his fault .

My own doctors practice has posted on Facebook overnight that theyve been asked to provide the Oxford vaccine to the over 80s. They said they are busy planning how to administer the vaccine and are also working on obtaining the correct accreditation.
    FFS that could have started a few weeks ago.

My own doctors practice has posted on Facebook overnight that theyve been asked to provide the Oxford vaccine to the over 80s. They said they are busy planning how to administer the vaccine and are also working on obtaining the correct accreditation.
    Months ago.

Shirley, that information is just a press of a button away these days ?

Sir Tom’s had his !!!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-thing-80.html

How ????????

The MHRA is currently sat on 3.5M doses that are being batch tested. The NHS is ready to go with the program, they have staff and needles but no vials of vaccine.

The MHRA are trying to get testing down from 20 days to 5 then everything should increase in pace.

It's not unusual

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    It's not unusual
    What's new pussycat?

"Show me one direction
    I will not question again
    For a warm injection
    Is all I need to calm the pain"

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The area of Wales we live in is more akin to the west Midlands, the west Yorkshire metropolitan area , Greater Manchester etc

In other words most of the country's population live in a line north and south of the M4 , starting at Newport, ending in Swansea with cardiff and the valleys in between with some semi rural areas

Just like the areas I have mentioned

Its no surprise that the spread of the virus is at its highest in the areas of greatest population densities , towns and cities along the M4 or in the North, the population centre of Wrexham

We need to compare like with like ......what has been the distribution of the vaccine to urban South Wales and what is the uptake and what has been the distribution and uptake in say west Yorkshire ��

If we have a level playing field only then are we to make sensible comparisons

This is a global pandemic and its clear that all of the UK hasn't dealt with it well , people have broken rules and when given an ease of restrictions have acted like its party time . A few weeks ago people were saying drakefords lockdown was a waste of time ....it wasn't, it stalled the initial virus .....but then the new bugger came along and its still his fault .
    You will have great difficulty in comparing like for like or a level playing field. Main reason is the Sennedd will not release any data. We do not know how many vaccine doses we have received, how many we have implemented so far and what is the likely time table between now and April.
    It is a guarantee that the Welsh Government cannot be accused of failing.

My missus is 57 and having the first jab Saturday pm.(NHS worker)
    Already booked in for second one in March.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    A couple of my mates have had it as well.

Im not sure if theres a different policy in Wales and England on NHS staff getting it 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    We know that NHS and care homes are top of the list. What I would like to know is why someone in England, who is 88, with no vulnerable problems, has received their first jab, while people in Wales over 90 have not heard anything. ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We know that NHS and care homes are top of the list. What I would like to know is why someone in England, who is 88, with no vulnerable problems, has received their first jab, while people in Wales over 90 have not heard anything. ?
    Im sure there are plenty in England over 90 who havent heard anything.