+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccine rollout in wales

Re: Vaccine rollout in wales

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We know that NHS and care homes are top of the list. What I would like to know is why someone in England, who is 88, with no vulnerable problems, has received their first jab, while people in Wales over 90 have not heard anything. ?
    Yes, I’d like to know that, my aunt is 97 and her daughter contacted her GP Surgery today and was told they had no information as they haven’t received the vaccine and don’t know when they will! Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes, I’d like to know that, my aunt is 97 and her daughter contacted her GP Surgery today and was told they had no information as they haven’t received the vaccine and don’t know when they will! Shocking.
    They should be asking Drakeford this Friday when will all surgeries have the vaccine. Also why havent they got them now.

If its just supply fair enough. If not sort it out. Every surgery needs to be giving these vaccines daily and now not next week , or next month. Sort it out!!!

Tories are calling for specific minister to be in charge of this. Could this be start of them supporting expanding the Senedd given the amount of work to do this year and over next couple of years at least?

According to this, the amount of vaccinations in Wales for the week ending 3 Jan was around half of what it was the previous week.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...eveal-19579467

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Tories are calling for specific minister to be in charge of this. Could this be start of them supporting expanding the Senedd given the amount of work to do this year and over next couple of years at least?
    The tories have a minister in England responsible for vaccination

He's not doing very well

There should be plans in place for any problematic vaccines such as Pfizer and it's cold requirements and easy to distribute vaccines such as the Oxford one and if there isn't that is poor. However, distribution and administering of the vaccine is an NHS role and Government just pick up the costs and set the overarching agenda of who should be vaccinated first.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The tories have a minister in England responsible for vaccination

He's not doing very well

They should transfer him to the Sennedd, then we could keep all the idiots in one building.

Sounds hit and miss across England but BBC Wales reporting Eng vaccinated 1.97% by 3rd jan v Wal 1.56% . Worst of home nations. Seems to support the anecdotal on the mighty CCMB. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes ask Drakefkrd what the f us going on. I’ve started emailing the wales online journos aswell telling them they need to get on this big time. One of them did run an article in it yesterday.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes ask Drakefkrd what the f us going on. I’ve started emailing the wales online journos aswell telling them they need to get on this big time. One of them did run an article in it yesterday.....
    That "one of them" is well worth a follow: https://twitter.com/WillHayCardiff

Not sure how much Wales can complain about this until we're doing our part of social distancing, mask wearing, ensuring good ventilation etc. though. If we remove the distraction of hospitals reaching/going over capacity then I'm sure things will start to move much quicker.

Speaking of playing a part, has anyone seen a crowdfunder for laptops/internet packages for worse off children who might end up missing a lot of school this year?

Not sure how much Wales can complain about this until we're doing our part of social distancing, mask wearing, ensuring good ventilation etc. though. If we remove the distraction of hospitals reaching/going over capacity then I'm sure things will start to move much quicker.

Speaking of playing a part, has anyone seen a crowdfunder for laptops/internet packages for worse off children who might end up missing a lot of school this year?
    On the subject of ventilation, I’ve had my kitchen and bathroom windows open all winter. My cat thinks it’s great because she can come and go as she pleases, but I find the icicles on the taps and shower a nuisance - if the COVID doesn’t’ get me, the frostbite will.

Those comparable vaccinations figures between Wales and England are a concern - no wonder Vaughan Gething was coming out with rubbish about the WAG not releasing figures earlier in the week.

My 100 year old Grandfather had his today, once my Mother has hers I'll personally be able to relax a bit more.

This is a huge ask and hopefully it goes as smoothly as possible for everyone's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    On the subject of ventilation, I’ve had my kitchen and bathroom windows open all winter. My cat thinks it’s great because she can come and go as she pleases, but I find the icicles on the taps and shower a nuisance - if the COVID doesn’t’ get me, the frostbite will.

Those comparable vaccinations figures between Wales and England are a concern - no wonder Vaughan Gething was coming out with rubbish about the WAG not releasing figures earlier in the week.
    Brrrr, windows open? Bit Baltic now you’re living up north!!!!!

In the Prime Minister's Press Conference at 5pm the Army Brigadier who is working alongside the NHS (represented by Sir Simon Stephens) indicated twice that his team was working in England on the logistics in relation to the delivery of the vaccine. No mention was made of the army working with the Regional Governments.

Is that correct that the Army are not working with the Welsh government and if not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Think you've got your facts a bit muddled up there mate. The population of Israel is only 9 million and they've vaccinated about 1.5 million so far.

Oops your right forgotten me point .😉

I am in the 70 -74 age bracket but am in pretty good health and effectively in self-imposed permanent lockdown anyway so would be happy to forego my vaccine for a month or two if it meant that an 80+ year old or front line NHS nurse or medic could receive it instead. Maybe others in my situation should consider doing the same? Probably a logistical/administrative nightmare though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In the Prime Minister's Press Conference at 5pm the Army Brigadier who is working alongside the NHS (represented by Sir Simon Stephens) indicated twice that his team was working in England on the logistics in relation to the delivery of the vaccine. No mention was made of the army working with the Regional Governments.

Is that correct that the Army are not working with the Welsh government and if not why not?
    We have a few T.A . Barracks premisses and personal we could use as well .

I wonder how many personal we could utilise from public service funded roles that maybe are working from home, ?? are they all fully occupied in these times away from their office of work ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Brrrr, windows open? Bit Baltic now you’re living up north!!!!!
    Yeah, thinking about it, the white walkers’ll probably get me first.

No, but there should be one,

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, thinking about it, the white walkers’ll probably get me first.
    White walkers??? The Red Robins, more like, you’re practically in Wrexham

22,000 doses of Oxford vaccines available in Wales next week, 25,000 the week after and 80,000 the week after that according to Drakeford. Currently have more of the Pfizer than the Oxford

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    22,000 doses of Oxford vaccines available in Wales next week, 25,000 the week after and 80,000 the week after that according to Drakeford. Currently have more of the Pfizer than the Oxford
    I think weve obviously got logistical problems in distributing and administering the Pfizer vaccine, which affect the rates in Wales. The Oxford roll out will vastly improve the speed of take up as it will be used in GPs and mobile units.
    I'm just getting fed up with opposition parties and the media in Wales who have been obsessed this week with comparing our vaccine rates (as of last Sunday) with England Scotland and Northern Ireland. It's getting boring. I'd much rather them ask questions about how full our hospitals are and what will happen in hospitals if people continue to ignore the rules.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think weve obviously got logistical problems in distributing and administering the Pfizer vaccine, which affect the rates in Wales. The Oxford roll out will vastly improve the speed of take up as it will be used in GPs and mobile units.
    I'm just getting fed up with opposition parties and the media in Wales who have been obsessed this week with comparing our vaccine rates (as of last Sunday) with England Scotland and Northern Ireland. It's getting boring. I'd much rather them ask questions about how full our hospitals are and what will happen in hospitals if people continue to ignore the rules.
    s
    But isn't that their functio? To bring tothe notice of the public so called problem they "uncover"?
    Do you get bored when they are castigating the UK govenment for being behind Wales in things?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    s
    But isn't that their functio? To bring tothe notice of the public so called problem they "uncover"?
    Do you get bored when they are castigating the UK govenment for being behind Wales in things?
    It's a fair point, but the figures they're using for comparison are 5 days old. Out of the 4, one of them is always going to rank last. Neither does anyone questioning the ranking take into account the differing geography of each nation, the number of high population centres where administering the Pfizer vaccine is easier or the location and start up of the large vaccination centres (which is being coordinated with a uk wide approach) and how the elderly are expected to travel to them.
    Theres too many variables to justify making such comparisons at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I thought Drakeford’s press briefing regarding vaccine roll out was abysmal. He is taking us for mugs. First he says he doesn’t know beyond a couple of weeks time how many vaccines Wales will be getting, then he mentions expansion of GP surgeries administering it from 75 to 100 and then to 200. Why do that if you don’t know whether vaccines will be available......of course he knows.
    Then he hedges on the number of Pfizer vaccines Wales has as he hasn’t got the data other than its more than they hold of Oxford vaccine. Well.......4m doses of Pfizer jab were delivered in UK by end of 2020 and our share would be
    200,000 doses
    Finally he says vaccinating people is not a sprint. The reason experts say that the 2nd essential vaccine jab could be delayed for up to 12 weeks was to give some breathing space to give the first jab to as many as possible. Realistically people will need their 2nd jab 10- 11 weeks after the first as it can’t be left to the last minute. So for those who had
    1st jab week of 8 December will need their 2nd middle of February, and from then on in repeats will be using more and more of the available vaccine. Time is of the essence and we have a first minister who can’t get out of the starting blocks.