+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Feel exactly the same.

That will happen though when an average to poor manager is going through the motions and some fans are telling us some plan with a view to passing football is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    We should not forget Forest made 8 changes for this game from their last league game, their 2nd string beat us which adds further concerns over our performance
    Onto Norwich and another defeat. When will Harris be shown the door ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    People go on about the system, the way we play doesn’t suit Glatzel etc, in my opinion £6m strikers at our level should be able to make things happen themselves, turn half chances into goals, battle for the ball, bully defenders etc etc regardless of their team mates. It can’t always be the perfect team goal that’s put on a plate for you to finish, a lot of the time the work, skill and effort has to come from the individual. As I said earlier, Glatzel must be a centre back’s dream, he’s powder puff with zero aggression or battling qualities.
    Agree Glatzel is simply not good enough for the money we paid for him, I just don’t see him scoring more than a handful of goals in any season . I’m not even sure he would be any more effective in leagues 1 or 2 either, he just seems to contribute so little when he plays

Waiting with baited breath for the Harris apologists to get on here and tell us what great things they saw today.

They're the first to pipe up and call out the fans who don't rate the manager when Harris manages a win.

Also can somebody tell me what Wilson produced again? One of the best in the league according to some.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Also Chris Houghton looks suspiciously like Gus Fring
    He does doesn’t he 😂

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Feel exactly the same.

That will happen though when an average to poor manager is going through the motions and some fans are telling us some plan with a view to passing football is happening.
    Afternoon mate. It's a mixture of that and also Covid football which hasn't excited me one bit. I've watched one 90 minutes since March

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Afternoon mate. It's a mixture of that and also Covid football which hasn't excited me one bit. I've watched one 90 minutes since March
    It's all a bit weird.

It is hard enough not cracking up in these testing times without City being gash.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The sad thing is that I expected it and to be honest I'm nowhere near as bothered than I should be
    This. I didn't even set the alarm and was mildly irritated when I woke up, looked at my watch and saw it was 5 minutes before kick-off. I stayed in bed for another 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    The magic of the FA cup eh!
    And now we miss out on the excitement of being in the fourth round draw (and the fifth round draw which is taking place at the same time).

Why, as a grown man that should bother me I don't know. But it does.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Lee Tomlin getting us into the play-offs last season looks like a superhuman achievement at this point.
    Not just Tomlin. There's a lethargy about us, a lack of urgency. I don't think Tomlin would do much for us at the moment. Several times I saw Pack today holding onto the ball with absolutely no movement going on ahead of him. We talk of Pack slowing down our game but he often hasn't got an adventurous or forward pass worth trying.

We don't inject enough pace into our attacks so we don't turn defenders. Why don't we start games on the front foot? We did when we went on our winning run.

There's been talk of late about how patient fans would be if we changed our style and didn't get results. Change of style and way of playing or not, much of that was slow, ponderous shite, regardless of how much possession we had.

Was Bagan playing left back or in the centre?

Re: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Does it suit any striker?

When was the last time we put a striker through on goal one on one?
    That’s what my post implied. A multi million pound striker at this level shouldn’t have to totally rely on systems or being put through one on one, he should be capable of making things happen for himself, turning half chances into goals, bullying defenders into mistakes. The team goals where he’s put in one on one are all well and good but battling your bollocks off to create things yourself is a more likely way for a striker in our system to succeed. Unfortunately Glatzel does not battle, bully, harass, intimidate, fight at all, if it was Mark Harris, a more or less rookie, you’d tend to forgive and understand but a striker that cost what he did and obviously with a wage in ratio to his fee it pisses me off. Not his fault we got shafted into signing him but we had our pants pulled down big time, tucked up completely.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Also Chris Houghton looks suspiciously like Gus Fring
    I thought he looked suspiciously like Chris Hughton

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    And now we miss out on the excitement of being in the fourth round draw (and the fifth round draw which is taking place at the same time).

I'm with you on that Mike, always something I really look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Very soon but who do you replace him with?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Very soon but who do you replace him with?
    It's alright.

The three wise men are on the case as we speak via WhatsApp.

I know what you mean but I’m not too bothered this season. It was important for Cardiff to win today as your season now looks like petering out. We had that sort of season last year where it’s all a bit dull. You were due a quiet season and this time around when we can’t attend matches is probably the best time to have one of those quiet seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s what my post implied. A multi million pound striker at this level shouldn’t have to totally rely on systems or being put through one on one, he should be capable of making things happen for himself, turning half chances into goals, bullying defenders into mistakes. The team goals where he’s put in one on one are all well and good but battling your bollocks off to create things yourself is a more likely way for a striker in our system to succeed. Unfortunately Glatzel does not battle, bully, harass, intimidate, fight at all, if it was Mark Harris, a more or less rookie, you’d tend to forgive and understand but a striker that cost what he did and obviously with a wage in ratio to his fee it pisses me off. Not his fault we got shafted into signing him but we had our pants pulled down big time, tucked up completely.
    That is it unfortunately.

Screams of a panic buy having chased our tails and messing up other targets during that window.
    A player is also worth what we are willing to pay for him. Neil and the three amigos thought he was worth it so that is what was paid.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He would have gone last weekend if we were planning to change the manager in January.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He would have gone last weekend if we were planning to change the manager in January.
    Or is it another ploy from the club to spend a little less.

Sack Harris towards the end of the window then play the 'we would have loved to give him cash but he simply has run out of time' card.

Don't think we needed a cup run this year but still another frustrating afternoon. Glad Bagan, Phillips, Harris got more minutes; Bennett didn't look totally out of place, albeit it wasn't the hardest afternoon after conceding; and some of our youth team got the experience of suiting up for a senior game.

Things should pick up after the Norwich game but annoyingly not before then.

In these shite times we’re looking for anything to spice up our life, it annoys me more than bothers me after watching that though.

At the moment we don't have a right back, we don't have a second centre back, we don't have a spare midfield player and we don't have a spare striker. But we have 5 wide men (Wlson, Murphy, Holiett, Ojo and Whyte) and three left backs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I know what you mean but I’m not too bothered this season. It was important for Cardiff to win today as your season now looks like petering out. We had that sort of season last year where it’s all a bit dull. You were due a quiet season and this time around when we can’t attend matches is probably the best time to have one of those quiet seasons.
    My thoughts are that we need a new manager soon, to enable him to take a good look at the playing staff, the way we play etc., before trying to change some of the staff/style in the summer.
    This season is already over so hanging onto Harris to the end makes little sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Was Bagan playing left back or in the centre?
    Left back and I thought he did well. True, he wasn’t tested much defensively, but he played a few passes which actually found team mates in space high up the pitch - it wasn’t his fault that nothing came of them.