+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: NOTTINGHAM FOREST 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Left back and I thought he did well. True, he wasn’t tested much defensively, but he played a few passes which actually found team mates in space high up the pitch - it wasn’t his fault that nothing came of them.
    Those long passes were also made under pressure with a Forest player bearing down on him, all in all acquitted himself well.

Don’t understand all of the focus on the Glatzel, where is the scathing criticism of Wilson (is he too precious to be criticised?), Murphy, Ralls, Harris, Ojo, Hoilett etc. They left Glatzel out to dry.

When Murphy got to the line, only Glatzel was in the box, no one made the effort to get in there.

No one comes out of this with credit. Lethargy and one dimensional. Time for a change.

Glatzel absolutely no service again, Wilson could have arguably set him up for two goals, one of which was a tap in. Strikers are really on a hiding to nothing with our playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Left back and I thought he did well. True, he wasn’t tested much defensively, but he played a few passes which actually found team mates in space high up the pitch - it wasn’t his fault that nothing came of them.
    Yes Bagan did well enough, he doesn’t look out of place, was solid enough defensively and did put a couple of decent balls down the channel and also provided the cross for the only half chance we had, the one Hoilett put over the bar.

Bennett was fine at CB too, though not really tested. There was just so little invention pace and urgency at the important end of the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Don’t understand all of the focus on the Glatzel, where is the scathing criticism of Wilson (is he too precious to be criticised?), Murphy, Ralls, Harris, Ojo, Hoilett etc. They left Glatzel out to dry.

When Murphy got to the line, only Glatzel was in the box, no one made the effort to get in there.

No one comes out of this with credit. Lethargy and one dimensional. Time for a change.
    The focus is on Glatzel, not his fault I hasten to add, because of what he cost. To say Murphy doesn’t get criticised suggests that you don’t read this board much, he’s been regularly slaughtered, Ojo has his own personal executioner, Ralls gets his fair share of pelters as well. Wilson has been getting in more and more recently as well. Hoilett is perhaps giving a little breathing space due to the fact he cost bugger all and his contribution over the seasons far outweighs any negatives, it was he with a snapshot that nearly brought us level today after coming on. Mark Harris surely doesn’t deserve criticism after being chucked in the deep end in a struggling side. Glatzel isn’t up to it at this level, perhaps it’s not that he doesn’t get stuck in, doesn’t show enthusiasm, doesn’t create anything individually etc it’s the fact he can’t do these things because he isn’t good enough. We’ve seen enough of him, he’s not up to it.

An idea and a crazy one but playing Wilson in the number 10 role seems logical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not just Tomlin. There's a lethargy about us, a lack of urgency. I don't think Tomlin would do much for us at the moment. Several times I saw Pack today holding onto the ball with absolutely no movement going on ahead of him. We talk of Pack slowing down our game but he often hasn't got an adventurous or forward pass worth trying.

We don't inject enough pace into our attacks so we don't turn defenders. Why don't we start games on the front foot? We did when we went on our winning run.

There's been talk of late about how patient fans would be if we changed our style and didn't get results. Change of style and way of playing or not, much of that was slow, ponderous shite, regardless of how much possession we had.
    Lots of stuff online from our games in the last promotion year [2017/18]. Yes, Warnock was manager, but it certainly wasn't 'Warnockball'. We were sharp, beating players in high positions, and putting defences under pressure. Compared to that side we look 50% slower, no intensity, no energy. Harris is a victim of inheriting a ponderous squad and some strange recruitment, but without a big target man we ain't going to trouble defences. Time for a clear out - players, manager, coaches, scouts [?], the lot. We may be relegated, but I think we're heading that way anyway in the next season or two..

There has to be a scapegoat and unfortunately Glatzel is that one. It seems that we don’t play to any of his strengths, surely he has some, but being in a side that lacks any quality in the attacking half of the pitch any striker would look poor. I don’t know what Warnock was looking for in a striker like him when he signed him. The mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    An idea and a crazy one but playing Wilson in the number 10 role seems logical to me.
    We've played him there several times this season and he hasn't done much.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've played him there several times this season and he hasn't done much.
    If memory is correct last time was Birmingham and he scored one and got two assists.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    If memory is correct last time was Birmingham and he scored one and got two assists.
    He scored after moving back out to the wing when we brought on Mark Harris for Gavin Whyte.

He would have gone last weekend if we were planning to change the manager in January.
    I agree, he's here until the end of the season at least. He'll be gone once the seasons I sincerely hope, and we are safe from relegation. The Three Stooges will then cast their net near and close for another manager. Let's just hope it's not Pulis or even Joey Barton

Re: NOTTINGHAM FOREST v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I'm amazed that playing Joe Ralls as a number 10 isn't working. It's been so successful in the past.

He didn't play as a #10 today. We played 4141 for the first 65 mins: Ralls at clm and Pack between the midfield and defence. From then to the end of the game Wilson played at #10.

StT.<><

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The focus is on Glatzel, not his fault I hasten to add, because of what he cost. To say Murphy doesn’t get criticised suggests that you don’t read this board much, he’s been regularly slaughtered, Ojo has his own personal executioner, Ralls gets his fair share of pelters as well. Wilson has been getting in more and more recently as well. Hoilett is perhaps giving a little breathing space due to the fact he cost bugger all and his contribution over the seasons far outweighs any negatives, it was he with a snapshot that nearly brought us level today after coming on. Mark Harris surely doesn’t deserve criticism after being chucked in the deep end in a struggling side. Glatzel isn’t up to it at this level, perhaps it’s not that he doesn’t get stuck in, doesn’t show enthusiasm, doesn’t create anything individually etc it’s the fact he can’t do these things because he isn’t good enough. We’ve seen enough of him, he’s not up to it.
    I was referring specifically to the criticism Glatzel was getting after this match. In my opinion he was hung out to dry as he had no support or feed from those around him, Ralls, Murphy, Wilson all anonymous. There was one instance when Murphy broke away, got to the bye line, crossed the ball , behind Glatzel, and there wasn’t another City player in or approaching the box, yet Forest managed to get 6 or 7 back, that sums this team up for me. The lack of incisiveness is shocking. There was also a pass from Pack in between the Forest lines, which was a great opportunity to attack, instead of carrying it forward it went sideways then back, wasting a great opportunity. Oh for a Jason Koumas!

I was referring specifically to the criticism Glatzel was getting after this match. In my opinion he was hung out to dry as he had no support or feed from those around him, Ralls, Murphy, Wilson all anonymous. There was one instance when Murphy broke away, got to the bye line, crossed the ball , behind Glatzel, and there wasn’t another City player in or approaching the box, yet Forest managed to get 6 or 7 back, that sums this team up for me. The lack of incisiveness is shocking. There was also a pass from Pack in between the Forest lines, which was a great opportunity to attack, instead of carrying it forward it went sideways then back, wasting a great opportunity. Oh for a Jason Koumas!
    Glatzet would be a lot better with the ball played in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Glatzet would be a lot better with the ball played in front of him.
    Strikers who cost as much as him should have a more all round game and be adaptable to balls played in front of them, behind them, across the box on the deck, across the box in the air, chances that they make themselves, chances that occur through defenders’ errors etc. He shows none of these attributes on a regular basis, unfortunately he’s a dud, no power, no strength, little awareness, lacking in a vital part of a striker’s make up which is anticipation. Fair play to his agent for getting his former club such a fee and his client a wage to match. I’ve tried to like him and he’s been given many opportunities to show his worth, so much more than the likes of Cornelius, Bogle and Guerra. We knock our midfield but it must be disheartening for them having such a ‘no show’ up front, he’s a centre back’s dream opponent, for a big bloke his aggression is nil.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Strikers who cost as much as him should have a more all round game and be adaptable to balls played in front of them, behind them, across the box on the deck, across the box in the air, chances that they make themselves, chances that occur through defenders’ errors etc. He shows none of these attributes on a regular basis, unfortunately he’s a dud, no power, no strength, little awareness, lacking in a vital part of a striker’s make up which is anticipation. Fair play to his agent for getting his former club such a fee and his client a wage to match. I’ve tried to like him and he’s been given many opportunities to show his worth, so much more than the likes of Cornelius, Bogle and Guerra. We knock our midfield but it must be disheartening for them having such a ‘no show’ up front, he’s a centre back’s dream opponent, for a big bloke his aggression is nil.
    What, we have a midfield.Must be news to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What, we have a midfield.Must be news to the team.
    One of the reasons we need strikers who are capable of creating the odd chance themselves, strikers who work their bollocks off, strikers who bully defenders, strikers who battle, Glatzel doesn’t , he can’t hold the ball up, he can’t defend from the front, he’s powder puff. Do you think that he’s good enough?

Swansea away next round then Man City (probably) at home if we managed to dispose of them.

Hands up who still fancied a cup run

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Swansea away next round then Man City (probably) at home if we managed to dispose of them.

Hands up who still fancied a cup run
    Nah, you're alright.