+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see the season end now with no promotion or relegation?

Would you like to see the season end now with no promotion or relegation?

I appreciate that my view might be different if we were challenging for promotion but as we are not, it wouldn’t bother me.

Re: Would you like to see the season end now with no promotion or relegation?

It never really started as far as I'm concerned. Not seen us live, no crowds, no atmosphere and so much other stuff going on.

It gives us something to talk about I suppose and we did have our little run of wins.

Life is far from normal and a big mental strain, just want to see mass vaccinations and a start to get things a bit more relaxed.

No, absolutely not.

Not a chance, and i really hope that football survives this current spike, as i for one look forward to a saturday fixture list and midweek games, in whatever guise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not a chance, and i really hope that football survives this current spike, as i for one look forward to a saturday fixture list and midweek games, in whatever guise.
    Same here, even this version of the game offers a bit of normality at a time when that’s a rare commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Same here, even this version of the game offers a bit of normality at a time when that’s a rare commodity.
    What Bob and Tuerto said. At least it breaks up the monotony of it all.

If someone said we had to vaccine the footballers to continue, crack on. Roughly 2,300 PL players and staff, so approx 10,000 professionals in the EFL and PL, that's 20,000 vaccines out of a target of 2m a week. No brainer for me.

We are 15th and Swansea are 2nd so it’s a yes from me!

No. Even if the actual football is shit, it's still something to think and talk about.

International

The real problem is that with all these lockdowns we aren't really go to 'see' anything.

There is reason for the season to end.

Even if suspended it could resume and finish.

Dont agree with vaccinating footballers though.

If the medical people and scientific people think that ending the season is the right decision , then I would agree with it .

Is it fair , whatever fair means , is another matter

Will it piss people off and frustrate people , undoubtedly , but life can be really shit .

I hope the season continues , it will piss me off if the jacks go up and we end up treading water in mid table but in the grand scheme of things if football has to take a back seat , thats the way it is .

No

Nope

If I'm honest I don't really care, other aspects of life are so more important.

Let football and let sport continue, it now has established mechanisms in place too see the season through without endangering folk, at least it gives fans something to watch and think about, don't forget its lonely out there for some , hopefully sports fans are getting some enjoyment watching , following or listening to their respectively clubs.

Please be safe.

I assume there was an agreement put in place before season started. Once its started and 1/2 season done should be some conclusion otherwise every game has meant nothing.

Surely a mid season break might be an idea. Quite a common thing in some leagues anyway? Get through Jan and most of Feb and crack on in March when things might be a bit better with more people vaccinated etc...

It’s ridiculous that football is carrying on at the moment tbh. Don’t think it should be scrapped for the season but there should be some sort of break put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    It’s ridiculous that football is carrying on at the moment tbh. Don’t think it should be scrapped for the season but there should be some sort of break put in place.
    I think the time is right for that to be considered 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely a mid season break might be an idea. Quite a common thing in some leagues anyway? Get through Jan and most of Feb and crack on in March when things might be a bit better with more people vaccinated etc...
    aye , good shout

Some good points made, not least the anguish of the jacks sitting 2nd and us 15th!

Cast your minds back 7 or 8 months to original lockdown the horrible empty feeling when there was absolutely no sport being broadcast or even played, pubs closed, meeting people from other households banned (with the vast majority abiding) etc... The only saving grace was the novelty of being pissed most days/nights in the sunshine.

Today we have a similar lockdown which to me, even though the days are short and the weather generally shite, but it doesn't seem half as bad.

It could well be that the reason for my feeling this way is that there is genuine hope now that a life saving vaccine is being rolled out.
    However, it could also be that live football is back on the tv, and almost every day to boot.
    Its easy to forget that empty feeling of being deprived of live sport.
    It has to be a resounding "no" from me, especially through January and February, horrible depressing months at the best of times.

That's a great idea. Shut football down for at least two months until such a time as all those 80 and 90 year olds who regularly come into contact with professional footballers have had their jabs. When would the fixture backlog be cleared? Well, frankly who cares.

Personally, I think all of the TV stations should be shut down too. People didn't have televisions during the War. If they didn't need them back then, we certainly don't need them now. TV studios full of people making broadcasts just so others can sit watching them at home - it's madness. People have lost all sense or perspective.

I walked past a couple of estate agents that were still open yesterday. Insanity, I'm telling you. People should be staying home, not moving home. Construction sites should be closed too. No reason for them to be open. And newsagents. Pokey little places, most of them are. Newspapers aren't essential. And garden centres should definitely close. Why are they still open? It's too cold to go outside anyway.

Online retail should be shut down for a few months too. All those massive warehouses full of workers doing stuff and all those drivers going around delivering things that people don't really need - what happens if one of them crashes, eh? Or what happens if one of them has Covid-19? Think about it.

Everything should be closed. Everything. Until April, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's a great idea. Shut football down for at least two months until such a time as all those 80 and 90 year olds who regularly come into contact with professional footballers have had their jabs. When would the fixture backlog be cleared? Well, frankly who cares.

Personally, I think all of the TV stations should be shut down too. People didn't have televisions during the War. If they didn't need them back then, we certainly don't need them now. TV studios full of people making broadcasts just so others can sit watching them at home - it's madness. People have lost all sense or perspective.

I walked past a couple of estate agents that were still open yesterday. Insanity, I'm telling you. People should be staying home, not moving home. Construction sites should be closed too. No reason for them to be open. And newsagents. Pokey little places, most of them are. Newspapers aren't essential. And garden centres should definitely close. Why are they still open? It's too cold to go outside anyway.

Online retail should be shut down for a few months too. All those massive warehouses full of workers doing stuff and all those drivers going around delivering things that people don't really need - what happens if one of them crashes, eh? Or what happens if one of them has Covid-19? Think about it.

Everything should be closed. Everything. Until April, at least.
    Sounds like someone is desperate for it to not stop. It’s just a few weeks break right? Why are so many clubs having games called off?
    This isn’t just to protect 80/90 year olds either. Just before Christmas my wife told me someone she knows got rushed into Heath covid ward with his brother, one lived, one died, both under 50 with no issues. It’s random.

Sounds like someone is desperate for it to not stop. It’s just a few weeks break right? Why are so many clubs having games called off? This isn’t just to protect 80/90 year olds either. Just before Christmas my wife told me someone she knows got rushed into Heath covid ward with his brother, one lived, one died, both under 50 with no issues. It’s random.
    In your earlier post you suggested football be shut down for a couple of months. Now you're saying a few weeks. Make your mind up.

You also suggested a break until "March when things might be a bit better with more people vaccinated." So what age groups do you think are going to be vaccinated before March?

As for Covid-19 being random, I know. Everyone knows. Indeed, as regards the specific case you're talking about, I know about that too as one of my closest friends is a nurse on said ward.

I'm not desperate for football not to stop. Far from it. If the medical experts and politicians believe it should stop, it will stop. Simple as that as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather it didn't stop as I'm a football fan. I enjoy watching football. But if the experts put a stop to it, so be it. What amazes me is the apparent desire from some on here to see the game stop despite the fact that the experts aren't suggested it should. I think that's just plain odd.

In your earlier post you suggested football be shut down for a couple of months. Now you're saying a few weeks. Make your mind up.

You also suggested a break until "March when things might be a bit better with more people vaccinated." So what age groups do you think are going to be vaccinated before March?

As for Covid-19 being random, I know. Everyone knows. Indeed, as regards the specific case you're talking about, I know about that too as one of my closest friends is a nurse on said ward.

I'm not desperate for football not to stop. Far from it. If the medical experts and politicians believe it should stop, it will stop. Simple as that as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather it didn't stop as I'm a football fan. I enjoy watching football. But if the experts put a stop to it, so be it. What amazes me is the apparent desire from some on here to see the game stop despite the fact that the experts aren't suggested it should. I think that's just plain odd.
    NHS at breaking point, a national lockdown, significant outbreaks at Shrewsbury, Derby, Aston Villa, Fulham, Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday in the last week alone.

People mixing with 50 odd on others on a daily basis up and down the country before returning to their families is just irresponsible at this point. You’ve got conference teams that barely get tested still playing, it’s ridiculous when you step back and take a look.

If you want it to continue for the escapism of football for your own personal benefit that’s fair enough and a different arguement altogether but using the experts and politicians as the reasoning it’s fine to crack on when the handling of every aspect of this for the last 10 months has been reactive instead of proactive is a bit strange.

I mean it’s only 4 days ago we were told the schools were completely safe, children returned for a day of mixing then facts got in the way of fiction and they were closed for the foreseeable.

Just for the rest of January and maybe Feb, 6 weeks say, hardly a huge problem is it? I take it, football is a big part of your life again after sulking for a few years?