+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City Linked With Perry Ng

Re: City Linked With Perry Ng

Another attacking RB. It's almost like it's part of the system Harris wants to use?

Sky Sports says
    15:06
    CARDIFF MAKE NG OFFER

Cardiff City have made an undisclosed offer for Crewe Alexandra right-back Perry Ng.

Ng is out of contract at the end of the season.

Any right back will do at the moment. It'll let Bacuna move to his rightful position........o0n the bench!

seems to have a decent record in the lower leagues, worth a go at this level

Would have preferred Gunter before the season started , but this fella is worth a shot.

Someone's nicked all his vowels

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Perry Ng isn't that young - he is 24 going on 25 - and he has played over 150 times for Crewe.

I have no problem at all with the club signing players from League One - especially if they play in a position where we desperately need competition, and especially if they were their club's Player Of The Year last season.

I like the sound of this rumour.
    Its still a step in the right direction, a 24 year old can still grow and has plenty of years left in him

Have we had a player with such a short name before? Chris Fry, Josh Low and Alan Lee are the shortest I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Would have preferred Gunter before the season started , but this fella is worth a shot.
    Would much prefer a move like this, that has a potential up-side, than a move for a player like Gunter where you know he's on the wane already

Isn't there anything in the Periodic Table that 'NG' represents? That would be one hell of a chant!

I wonder if he’s got a long throw? A Singapore Sling would be an alternative to Will Vaulks’ long throws.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Have we had a player with such a short name before? Chris Fry, Josh Low and Alan Lee are the shortest I can think of.
    In the days when British Football was a lot less cosmopolitan than it is now, Ian Ure was the player with the shortest name. I remember John Toshack getting absolutely nothing in the air against him in the 0-0 Arsenal FA Cup tie in 1969 in front of 55,136 at NP.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    In the days when British Football was a lot less cosmopolitan than it is now, Ian Ure was the player with the shortest name. I remember John Toshack getting absolutely nothing in the air against him in the 0-0 Arsenal FA Cup tie in 1969 in front of 55,136 at NP.
    Cyril Lea was around about that time as well and, of course, Francis Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There's Demba Ba....but then he never played for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Known as Midge in the changing rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Known as Midge in the changing rooms.
    Midge Toshack......Nah!!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    There's Demba Ba....but then he never played for us.

Neither did Stevie G

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Any right back will do at the moment. It'll let Bacuna move to his rightful position........o0n the bench!
    Unfair. He's done well as RB considering he isn't one. Arguably better than Bruno Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Isn't there anything in the Periodic Table that 'NG' represents? That would be one hell of a chant!
    No elements called NG AFAIK.

It's pronounced Eeng apparently, which can't be that difficult to fit into a song surely.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Unfair. He's done well as RB considering he isn't one. Arguably better than Bruno Manga.
    Bruno Manga, who played out of position in the Premier League for us? I’d have the Manga of a couple of seasons ago back in a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

It's pronounced Eeng apparently, which can't be that difficult to fit into a song surely.
    Sing Ng in the rain?

After an extensive seach sadly I have to report on Snapchat NG means "No Good"

Those with the name of ng pronounce their name as "ing". The Ng I knew from work was called Mr Nug by his colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

This is why i love this messageboard.

My mate is a Crewe season ticket holder and says he’d be a good signing for a champ club. Solid at the back and good going forward, decent on either foot. He did say they’ve gone 7 unbeaten since his ban and in typical Crewe fashion a youngster has come through and filled in well so he thinks it’s a good move for everyone involved.

Seems sensible business for once. 24, a captain, over 100 appearances for Crewe and on the cheap. Sounds like it’s definitely worth to a shot.