+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK Justice!!!

International

Re: UK Jusice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Aw bless, he had a problem with taking drugs.
    Suspended sentences FFS.
    Real deterrent to others that.
    The law is just as disgusting as these fu*king scumbags!
    you should help him deal with his problem not condemn him, it wasn't his fault.

Re: UK Justice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But you just can't blame the assailants without knowing their circumstances. One of the guys told the court how had had been having drug related violence problems and was getting help to deal with it. So you can't really blame him can you? He needs help not custody, poor chap.
    Well clearly this is either a trolling post or you are agreeing with the general theme

You of course have to know about mitigating circumstances when sentencing , its the law

In this case the judge has let these two thugs off Scott free as far as I can see

Even 6 months would have been fitting

But no time inside seems stupid

you should help him deal with his problem not condemn him, it wasn't his fault.
    well part of our justice system is trying to rehabilitate offenders

I have no idea what sort of upbringing and background these two had but one was definitely homeless as his address shows

Now if he had voices in his head telling him to go round kicking people in the head he would probably have got , if things were fair , a bit of custody and treatment . And detox if drugs or alcohol were his issues .

I think that's how justice should work

But both of them kicked a vulnerable defenceless man in the head and walked free

And thats clearly not justice

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    well part of our justice system is trying to rehabilitate offenders

I have no idea what sort of upbringing and background these two had but one was definitely homeless as his address shows

Now if he had voices in his head telling him to go round kicking people in the head he would probably have got , if things were fair , a bit of custody and treatment . And detox if drugs or alcohol were his issues .

I think that's how justice should work

But both of them kicked a vulnerable defenceless man in the head and walked free

And thats clearly not justice
    Is that the same as the woman in the valleys who killed people in a shop that you said was ill and needed care and treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I might be in the minority on this but do get how they can't prove it was the ultimate cause of death. However for an attack like that, the sentences are shocking. Even the length of suspended sentences are woefully short.

Seeing that all involved were homeless though brings home how desperate life is on the streets.
    It also shows how even more desperate they can be in some of the shelters as homeless people often prefer taking the risk of sleeping rough.

Is that the same as the woman in the valleys who killed people in a shop that you said was ill and needed care and treatment?
    Well she clearly was ill and needed treatment as the judge ordered her to be detained in a secure psychiatric hospital

I said she was clearly ill, needed treatment and was likely to be detained in a hospital , which is like a prison , and thats exactly what happened

So do you think she was not ill ?

Do you think the judge having taken into account the expert views of forensic psychiatrists was wrong to detain her for life under a treatment order ?

What would you have done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It also shows how even more desperate they can be in some of the shelters as homeless people often prefer taking the risk of sleeping rough.
    There is a charity called Cardiff Help The Homeless

Easy to access on Facebook

They help those who sleep on the streets rather than go into hostels that can be very threatening places

They go on food runs , hand out fresh clothes , sleeping bags , shoes , wet wipes , toothpaste , blankets

I have donated to them as have some of my friends

Some very vulnerable people out there

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well she clearly was ill and needed treatment as the judge ordered her to be detained in a secure psychiatric hospital

I said she was clearly ill, needed treatment and was likely to be detained in a hospital , which is like a prison , and thats exactly what happened

So do you think she was not ill ?

Do you think the judge having taken into account the expert views of forensic psychiatrists was wrong to detain her for life under a treatment order ?

What would you have done ?
    When she was in court and they gave her mental condition it was cleasrly staed that this had developed to the degree it was 'after' she had committed the offences. So perhaps she has a very savvy brief. And it did not, thankfully, prevent her from being remanded for trial, although he condition will probably have deterioerated even more by the, poor thing. And I'm pretty sued that at the timexshe was remanded.t
    So why not treat this poor offender the same way?

When she was in court and they gave her mental condition it was cleasrly staed that this had developed to the degree it was 'after' she had committed the offences. So perhaps she has a very savvy brief. And it did not, thankfully, prevent her from being remanded for trial, although he condition will probably have deterioerated even more by the, poor thing. And I'm pretty sued that at the timexshe was remanded.t
    So why not treat this poor offender the same way?
    She was diagnosed with a psychotic disorder and the judge on the evidence provided by experts in mental illness ordered her to be detained in a secure mental hospital

Now if I were a family member of the old bloke this woman killed I am sure I would want her hanged or in prison eating bread and water . But that isn't the way things work . I think , as an outsider , that the judge got it right , she won't come out as she has an illness . What caused that illness we don't know , early childhood abuse , trauma , drug abuse , alcohol , some people develop schizophrenia and paranoia in their teens for no reason , it just happens .

I think the judge got it right in her case and badly wrong in the case of those two nerks who kicked that innocent bloke in the head