+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dog Grooming

Dog Grooming

show on TV about it now

its always 1000 quid a pup pedigree toys dogs

Its almost like these people don't really love dogs because why spend 1000 quid on a pedigree dog and hundreds of pounds a year on silly haircuts and putting ribbons in the poor feckers hair when what they really want is a walk and some food and a kip

And of course by getting a dog from a rescue centre you save a dog from getting the needle and help put these breeders out of business

If you ever get asked on a date by a woman who says she breeds pugs for a living avoid at all costs !

Re: Dog Grooming

And those toy dogs are interbred

Bloody jaws sticking into their forehead

Its like the Angel Of Death meets Crufts

So bloody judgemental

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    show on TV about it now

Its almost like these people don't really love dogs because why spend 1000 quid on a pedigree dog and hundreds of pounds a year on silly haircuts and putting ribbons in the poor feckers hair when what they really want is a walk and some food and a kip

And of course by getting a dog from a rescue centre you save a dog from getting the needle and help put these breeders out of business

If you ever get asked on a date by a woman who says she breeds pugs for a living avoid at all costs !
    I thought it was one of your new fetishes
    Last edited by jeepster; 07-01-21 at 20:33. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So bloody judgemental
    Its odd

Spending a grand on an animal , getting it washed and shampooed every week , thats more than I get

Its odd

Spending a grand on an animal , getting it washed and shampooed every week , thats more than I get
    Chump change

Chump change
    I reckon you have got a poodle with pink ribbons

Cockapoo , wtf is that

Cavapoo ?

Fecking world has gone mad

Cockapoo , wtf is that

Cavapoo ?

Fecking world has gone mad
    Oi, i've got a cavapoo, and she's gorgeous. Bought her from Townhill in swansea, so i saved her!

Dog barking fools , got more money then sense ,up the revolution Wolfie

Find it insane people spending half a years income on medical treatment for their animals.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Find it insane people spending half a years income on medical treatment for their animals.
    I think if you pay a grand for an inbred pedigree designer dog you can't really be surprised when it costs 500 quid to have its spine operated on because its like something out of a nazi death camp as its sister is its mother

Mobile shit machines!!!!

show on TV about it now

I reckon Channel 4 will come up with a late night alternative to replace Naked Attraction, called something like "Designer Pubes"

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Mobile shit machines!!!!
    I used to have a dog , great companions but loads of hassle

He was a rescue , I think breeding should be banned

We were looking for a rescue dog, we have a happy family life and we are pretty active. We thought that we would be able to give something to a dog and it would bring something to or lives.

The rescue center wouldn't consider us as me and my wife both work, we both put a proposal across that we could arrange for the dog to stay with family members during the day so that it wouldn't be left alone, and we were prepared to wait until a dog with the right temperament and a proper homing temperament could be found, but no as long as we both worked we couldn't be considered.

We ended up but a dog out a local litter for a couple of hundred pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    We were looking for a rescue dog, we have a happy family life and we are pretty active. We thought that we would be able to give something to a dog and it would bring something to or lives.

The rescue center wouldn't consider us as me and my wife both work, we both put a proposal across that we could arrange for the dog to stay with family members during the day so that it wouldn't be left alone, and we were prepared to wait until a dog with the right temperament and a proper homing temperament could be found, but no as long as we both worked we couldn't be considered.

We ended up but a dog out a local litter for a couple of hundred pounds.
    I had a similar experience to you. Three of my last four dogs were got from the pound on Penarth Road, but when my first Staffy was put down three and a half years ago, I was disappointed by how much their procedures had changed when I went along to buy a new dog. After answering all sorts of questions, I then had to fill out a questionnaire and was told that I would be considered when an appropriate dog was available. I put in for a couple of them over the next few weeks and was told that the first one was more suitable for a family with children and that I lived too close to the original owner of the second one (I was a mile and a half, maybe two miles, away and the original owner didn’t want it back because they couldn’t afford it).

I was left thinking that I could’ve put in for ten dogs and they’d find a reason not to let me have any of them - I can understand the need for a greater degree of checking compared to how it was when I first got a dog from the council pound, but, for me, they’d now gone much too far in the other direction.

In the end, I decided to do the same as you and buy a dog from a local litter I saw advertised on Gumtree. It wasn’t my first choice and I knew that there was a degree of risk involved, but, thankfully, I now have a very affectionate and quite well behaved young Staffy who currently is asleep on my lap - as I’m sixty five in a month, she’ll probably be my last dog, but I won’t be going to a pound or rescue centre if I do decide to go for another one after all of the hoops I go through last time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I had a similar experience to you. Three of my last four dogs were got from the pound on Penarth Road, but when my first Staffy was put down three and a half years ago, I was disappointed by how much their procedures had changed when I went along to buy a new dog. After answering all sorts of questions, I then had to fill out a questionnaire and was told that I would be considered when an appropriate dog was available. I put in for a couple of them over the next few weeks and was told that the first one was more suitable for a family with children and that I lived too close to the original owner of the second one (I was a mile and a half, maybe two miles, away and the original owner didn’t want it back because they couldn’t afford it).

I was left thinking that I could’ve put in for ten dogs and they’d find a reason not to let me have any of them - I can understand the need for a greater degree of checking compared to how it was when I first got a dog from the council pound, but, for me, they’d now gone much too far in the other direction.

In the end, I decided to do the same as you and buy a dog from a local litter I saw advertised on Gumtree. It wasn’t my first choice and I knew that there was a degree of risk involved, but, thankfully, I now have a very affectionate and quite well behaved young Staffy who currently is asleep on my lap - as I’m sixty five in a month, she’ll probably be my last dog, but I won’t be going to a pound or rescue centre if I do decide to go for another one after all of the hoops I go through last time.
    staffies, soft as shite lol

Sadly in South Wales there is a lot of dog fighting going on ......anyone who gets a kick out of that needs a kicking .....and these tossers were getting dogs from rescue centres just to throw into a scrap with their pit bull , sickening really .

Hence a lot of tightening up

Shame

staffies, soft as shite lol

Sadly in South Wales there is a lot of dog fighting going on ......anyone who gets a kick out of that needs a kicking .....and these tossers were getting dogs from rescue centres just to throw into a scrap with their pit bull , sickening really .

Hence a lot of tightening up

Shame
    What a crock of shite

What a crock of shite
    you don't think there is a lot of dog fighting in South Wales? Or there is a lot of dog fighting going on but the people involved were not taking rescue dogs pretending to be decent owners and using them to train their pit bulls ? Or you don't think the rspca got onto it and tightened up ?

Why do you think lots of staffies get nicked ?

This is turning fishy 🤔