+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luke Jephcott

Luke Jephcott

This lad is on fire at the moment for Plymouth. I've watched quite a lot of their extended highlights and he looks like a real talent. I wonder how much it would take to twist Plymouths arm to let him go?

Re: Luke Jephcott

How did he end up at Plymouth?

what's the price for a top league one player these days? 5 million?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

M5 then A38

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what's the price for a top league one player these days? 5 million?
    More than has been offered for Ng apparently.

Perry Ng: Cardiff offer for Crewe captain 'disgusting', says Alex boss David Artell - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55578045

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    More than has been offered for Ng apparently.

Perry Ng: Cardiff offer for Crewe captain 'disgusting', says Alex boss David Artell - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55578045
    Ng will be leaving on a free in a few months. can't be worth more than a few hundred k at this point

He come through their youth system. He’s not 21 until a few weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ng will be leaving on a free in a few months. can't be worth more than a few hundred k at this point
    Crewe are 9th, 2-5 points off play-offs, and with squads being stretched to the max due to covid they may see it a better investment to keep their captain for the run-in. Promotion is certainly worth more than a few hundred thousand.

Jephcott was sent on loan to Truro in an attempt to kick-start his career, scored prolifically there and has not looked back since.

Born in Aberystwyth but moved to Cornwall as a kid. Came through Plymouth's academy

I think Jepchott is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. Young, knows how to score goals

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Born in Aberystwyth but moved to Cornwall as a kid. Came through Plymouth's academy

I think Jepchott is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. Young, knows how to score goals
    Will cost a fair bit. He signed a new deal in the summer, so I imagine he's got at least 18 months left on his deal.

Looked very raw when I saw him playing for Wales Unde21s a couple of months ago, but you can’t argue with his record so far in senior football.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    M5 then A38

A44 onto A487, A470, on on and on and on , takes a day to walk .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Looked very raw when I saw him playing for Wales Unde21s a couple of months ago, but you can’t argue with his record so far in senior football.
    Its the great unknown with these players , some step up , some fail , as a club with not a lot of money in very uncertain times I guess these punts are economically worth taking .