+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Burke

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Chris Burke

Listening to that, I started wondering whether City would have been more successful without Chopra and Bothroyd as our two forwards? For all of the moments of brilliance they'd come up with, were they more of a hindrance than a help? Despite Bothroyd's tendency towards moodiness which may have led to his head dropping when things got tough, I would still have stuck with him because he was the best all round target man I've seen at the club and, overall, I'd say he was beneficial to the team because he made others play as well.

I'm not so sure about Chopra though, he was always a streaky type of player and this tendency increased during his second and third spells with us. Certainly towards the end of his time with us, I'd say off field issues affected him to the extent that physically, and maybe mentally, he was not in the sort of condition you'd expect from a Championship footballer - while I'd struggle to come up with a better alternative to him during his first season with us, we had Ross McCormack (a player who must have fitted in well at the Cardiff drinking club of the late noughties) already at the club and I think he had more to offer than Chopra at that time.

Re: Chris Burke

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Listening to that, I started wondering whether City would have been more successful without Chopra and Bothroyd as our two forwards? For all of the moments of brilliance they'd come up with, were they more of a hindrance than a help? Despite Bothroyd's tendency towards moodiness which may have led to his head dropping when things got tough, I would still have stuck with him because he was the best all round target man I've seen at the club and, overall, I'd say he was beneficial to the team because he made others play as well.

I'm not so sure about Chopra though, he was always a streaky type of player and this tendency increased during his second and third spells with us. Certainly towards the end of his time with us, I'd say off field issues affected him to the extent that physically, and maybe mentally, he was not in the sort of condition you'd expect from a Championship footballer - while I'd struggle to come up with a better alternative to him during his first season with us, we had Ross McCormack (a player who must have fitted in well at the Cardiff drinking club of the late noughties) already at the club and I think he had more to offer than Chopra at that time.

No we wouldn't have been better off without the 2 of them.

Chopra was still better than McCormack.

McCormack was being under used by Dave Jones though.

Maybe we could have sold Chopra and boosted our central midfield. A better solution would have been replacing the manager.